• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My newb question of the day...

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the difference in training a pet/gd/cu on Gregario versus a shadow ele?

Thank you in advance for any responses given, unless those given by @AtlanticRealtor as his answers, although full of integrity, are half baked :)

Jo/Daan

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the difference in training a pet/gd/cu on Gregario versus a shadow ele?

Thank you in advance for any responses given, unless those given by @AtlanticRealtor as his answers, although full of integrity, are half baked :)

Jo/Daan
Not sure what a gregario is however the reason behind using shadow ele is because they take no damage from pets and you can easily heal through their damage output.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below is Gregario... there was a story line that I cannot remember, but I was there for. He is just across the docks in Skara, I think in both tram and fel.

I just dont know if the damage is different than that of a shadow ele, even after trying. Thanks though, and again if anyone can suggest/advise, as a pet will not kill Gregorio.

http://i68.***********/sg0cp5.png

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's been a long time since I did the "Guilty" quest, but I think you have to be on the quest you get from Natalie The Lady Of Skara Brae to do damage to Gregorio.

Herp!

Journeyman
I do not know what damage is like on Gregorio, but with the shadow ele I have to do a gheal every 10s or so even with a 60-70 wrestling pet. Damage is fairly low, about 8-10(I believe it was) per hit to my rune beetle @ max resists.
Edit: I could probably heal less often but this way I don't ever lose mana due to max MR so I just do it every 10s.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dropped one of my pets onto Greg, but after 30 mins it hadn't gained a single point in anything. You sure you can gain off him??

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dropped one of my pets onto Greg, but after 30 mins it hadn't gained a single point in anything. You sure you can gain off him??
Shadow elementals skills raise just like your pet does. Curious if Greg doesn't gain skill. That would explain the lack of experience gain.

Herp!

Journeyman
Shadow elementals skills raise just like your pet does. Curious if Greg doesn't gain skill. That would explain the lack of experience gain.
All mobs in the game gain skill based off the same rules as us. Has to be something within 30 above and 20 below(I believe) skill points of your pet i.e, say that Gregorio has 20 Wrestling, pets must be <50 skill for either of the parties to gain in skill.

Shadow Iron eles typically have between 70-90 wrestling when I find them, so I can gain on any pet from 50-120 on a single shadow ele if it starts at ~70. Shadow ele stops at 100 wrestling, once you pass gm on the pet(when possible) it becomes a joke.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dread has gained magery and anatomy, and barding skill for that, but seemingly nothing else.... waiting to see if my anat gets higher if the dread's wrestling will go up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Battle chickens don't gain in wrestling. They do gain in anatomy and mana from him.