• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New pet in store: Windrunner??

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so if they are not "trainable" fighter pets and they are just mounts, then why aren't they like the Charger of the Fallen? you know, like a eathy mount that you cannot see thru.

Oh and a big question, can they be traded once its no longer a statue?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i get the feeling a lot of people missed the conversation a couple months back about Broadsword putting out these rides every couple months.
i believe they where called "Glamour Mounts" wasn't it?

so these are just purely for aesthetics and looks, these are not meant to be fighting mounts or tanks.
both the Windwalker and Lasher are for RP and fun, nothing more.

i think these are fantastic and i hope Broadsword keeps doing these and more, they should be putting out house add on deco as well every couple weeks.
toilets and tapestries and armor racks and everything else their fancy little designer people can make up.
ive got money and looking to spend!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh, and if they want a suggestion for the next mount i would love to see a Knights Horse all decked out just like these.
something like this for my Paladin to roll around with.
(see below)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That Windrunner looks pretty badass.

Now they need to sell some pet dyes (tasteful colors plz, no Glacial!) -can't be having real shards look like TC1... well, the Bod-reward dyes kind of did that.... but no more! those bright neon colors should be sold from the store or not exist in-game at all (IMO).

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That Windrunner looks pretty badass.

Now they need to sell some pet dyes (tasteful colors plz, no Glacial!) -can't be having real shards look like TC1... well, the Bod-reward dyes kind of did that.... but no more! those bright neon colors should be sold from the store or not exist in-game at all (IMO).
The prodo shards already look like TC1 with all the exploited glacial cloth

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so if they are not "trainable" fighter pets and they are just mounts, then why aren't they like the Charger of the Fallen? you know, like a eathy mount that you cannot see thru.

Oh and a big question, can they be traded once its no longer a statue?
They are trainable, just like the lasher is. I maxed most of the skills on my lasher and I mean to do the same on my Windrunner. Also something to keep in mind, there's a pet revamp coming down the pipe so these pets should be able to reap the benefits of whatever system gets implemented. As for trading them, I'm not sure on that.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd buy one but I would rather not lose the damage reduction from a swamp dragon.

So I won't actually buy one. Thanks devs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are trainable, just like the lasher is. I maxed most of the skills on my lasher and I mean to do the same on my Windrunner. Also something to keep in mind, there's a pet revamp coming down the pipe so these pets should be able to reap the benefits of whatever system gets implemented. As for trading them, I'm not sure on that.
No they won't since Mesanna stated many times that it will only be level 2 slot creatures and above that we will be able to train to 5 slot pets... Sadly that means that 1 slot pets like the pack horse, Llama, Frenzied Ostard, Lasher, Windrunner, Faction horses, 16th Anniversary Ponies and all such other 1 slot pets including Battle Chicken Lizards will remain FEEBLE.

Edit: I will further surmise that this will also mean training up a blue Beetle, Lesser Hiryu or any other "anyone" pet will then result in said pet requiring taming... Which IMO would be sad... but I rather doubt that I am wrong on that. So no your Miner won't probably be able to go about with a fully trained up Fire Beetle or Blue Beetle and a Samurai would not be able to have a fully 5 slot Lesser... Now that's just my guess but honestly I wouldn't know... they might surprise me but I doubt that.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My husband got Windrunner on his thief and realized he made a mistake on who to give it to. He traded it to another char and stabled it. So it is currently waiting on being bonded. Hopefully all will be well with it

I recently had unbonded fire beetles turn into horses, I'm thinking maybe its a glitch with the unbonded ones. (my bod mules were riding them to get from Luna to Zento)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selling vanity mounts in the premium currency store... Is this a Korean Grind MMO now?

RIP UO.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bought one thinking it was like the charger but then after clicking it I realized it's a pet

It looks ok if they made the red a dark red and toned down the tail and remove the red the tail or just made it all black would look much better .

Not sure why those vanity pets cost so much compared to the charger, it's not an ethy you can't make it transparent and it can't be trained up

If anyone with zero taming could train it to the same stats as a nightmare then those would be worth the $10 I guess it needs some sort of perk to it...

So now I have a $10 statue

As of now they are way to expensive for what they are imho

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nothing says i PAWNED you like being run down by a red on a Lasher.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nothing says i PAWNED you like being run down by a red on a Lasher.
made me lol and sputter my coffee!!! >.<

*edit* removed erroneous attachment for SCA... sowwy

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My husband got this on the wrong char and traded it to another. It bonded just like any other pet. So its tradeable in mount form

StressBall

Adventurer
It would be cool if we also get vanity ethys , vanity ships, vanity housing, vanity clothing. A pirate theme pack! arrr me heartys

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see why the Lasher and the Windrunner are the same price as the Charger of the fallen.
Lasher and Windrunner are just pets that are a pain in the ass if you get killed (and they do),
the Charger is basically an Eathy with a DCI bonus that pops back into your pack upon death.

Either the Charger should cost more or the other 2 "fake" eathys need a drop in price (not to mention if you accidently click "release" then they just go poof")