• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New pet in store: Windrunner??

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oooh now that looks interesting, I want screenies!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its already gone off the store.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh interesting, its on some shards but not all!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
HOLY PANCAKES DOES THIS THING LOOK NEAT!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hits 240
Stamina 125
Mana 1
STR 400
Dex 125
INT 55
Barding Diff 69

44/34/31/30/37

Damage 100% Physical
Base 1-4

wrestle 31
Tactics 33
Resist 27
Anat 0

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's quick! One slot? Anyone can ride? Looks really nice.

Would be great if warriors can use it to absorb damages.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure about the bright red claws.....looks like it's wearing nail-polish?
Is this the Hell hound mount from the 15th year vet rewards that I could never find pictures of?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Just a quick comment regarding normal mounts... I find that I rarely want to use a normal mount over an ethy because they are just too much hassle to res if they happen to die.

Would you all consider making all single slot tamables that require no taming to own able to be ressed with a bandage and no vet skill? I know for me that would make using normal/vanity mounts much more appealing for more than bank sitting.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
WARG!!!!!!
Can we wear the orc costume and ride it?!
gona buy... yepyep

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well, I personally don't like it...don't like the red splotches or red nail polish, don't like the way the tail sticks straight out...this one has a beard too..is this a new trend? ;)

The artwork is awesome, love the way it looks in the EC much better then the CC, awesome that they put a new mount in for the unicorn haters ;)

Neat little surprise!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I only wish that the new mounts were like the Charger of the Fallen and would become a statue again when you dismount. They all cost the same so why not? ;)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didnt someone say its already gone from the store ? Why are you all thanking them for something again, only a few people got ?

NVM, its there, and I bought one LOL...it looks pretty freakin cool actually. And I'm willing to bet they just sold wayyyyyy more of these than Lashers.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love the design, but its useless ride apart from Deco!

Shame, they could of made this pet something cool with special moves and stuff, but its just basically a normal mount!

There was a vague mention of new tameables in the last newsletter coming with the pet revamp (supposedly next publish)... maybe there's a tameable version of this coming soon.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I like it! Now they're getting it :) Excuse my ignorance, I've used nothing but vet ethereals forever. Do I have to stable that? What happens to it when your not riding it? Does it go back in your pack like an ethy? I really love it but if it's a pain in the ass I'll pass lol

Beeble

Journeyman
Looks like its same as lasher. Use it once and then you would have to stable it after you've opened it essentially. Not like a ethy

Still looks awesome ,though better if they toned down the red a little.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
They do that so just certain people can buy it and sell it for billions then bring it back with a different name and nail polish ;)
i think it was because that shard hadnt had its server down yet was all.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant buy on Lake Austin have tried several times was going to buy 2 once again UO shoots self in foot.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Cant buy on Lake Austin have tried several times was going to buy 2 once again UO shoots self in foot.
im on Lake Austin right now and they are there.
ya have to look under the section that says "mounts"

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just bought one with no issues.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So it's a mount like the other one and not enty? It does look nice, one slot like a horse?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can anyone do a side by side check (animal lore) on both I like to see if there is a change or are they the same?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So another super rare, unique, one of a kind creature that anyone can own...

:facepalm:

Fiction should make sense with the reality of the world, not break immersion by stating something that can't possibly be true.

At least its out now. He's been in the art files for months.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt they added graphics and animations for just a vanity mount. Expect them as MOB's most likely not tame-able in the future. Probably small mini bosses

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Not sure about the bright red claws.....looks like it's wearing nail-polish?
Is this the Hell hound mount from the 15th year vet rewards that I could never find pictures of?
They've been dyed with dried blood from all the years fighting beasts in the abyss. :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Timely. I didn't get the first one on LS this time there's 4 that I know of already. And people are buying them from the store! They don't just want to pay in gold.

They don't like each other.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Timely. I didn't get the first one on LS this time there's 4 that I know of already. And people are buying them from the store! They don't just want to pay in gold.

They don't like each other.

Is that like clopping?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u gotta love the store....will keep UO alive for sure...ill be buying one...

think we will ssee lots of neat items that are store only.. which is cool... obvoiusly they will be sold ingame for gold too...at the relevant amount /exchange rate which again is fair play and another way to aquire these...with the gold you will never ever spend...ksara.... still i dont like lasher but hell i will have to have one at some point....my mild OCD will demand it

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
u gotta love the store....will keep UO alive for sure...ill be buying one...

think we will ssee lots of neat items that are store only.. which is cool... obvoiusly they will be sold ingame for gold too...at the relevant amount /exchange rate which again is fair play and another way to aquire these...with the gold you will never ever spend...ksara.... still i dont like lasher but hell i will have to have one at some point....my mild OCD will demand it
If your OCD compels you to buy Lasher I'd say that's a severe case of OCD ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I went and bought one as an impulse buy, but now I have questions as I was thinking it was like the Charger of the Fallen.
So it's like a real pet?
Do I have to feed it, train it?
What happens to it if I die?
Do I need taming and lore??
Do I need to carry an Eathy also for when I die in a dungeon?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. yes it needs stabled and
2. no you don't have to feed it, it wont train very much
3. It stands next to you until it dies.
4. No skills required
5. YES its like owning a horse, ostard, etc.

Once you open it its a pet. Cant return to statue.