• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

20th anniversary gifts thoughts and ideas (for everyone)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hot air balloons
Mechanical steampunk wings for none flying characters
Gypsy carts
Wagons
Old school camping tents
Fire pits
New ethereal that we can put armor on and color it
Basements for customizable houses
Equal house storage increased for all homes no matter what size it is.
Orcs as a playable race (no new armor or graphics just use the in game art maybe kiss)

What's your thoughts and ideas ???

Last edited:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You get to pick one in game artifact for each active account.

Select a replica from a list of a dozen or so popular EM items and you can choose the hue.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about really doing a good PR drive for UO for once, anything that can bring in old/new players.

spend the budget on a good promotion for UO and save the pixel crack for another time.

imo

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Basements for customizable houses
Orcs as a playable race (no new armor or graphics just use the in game art maybe kiss)
So you want basements for just "customizable houses" AND the storage of the ones that aren't customizable ;) Pick one lol. Like the Orc idea. Always been a big Orc fan. The answer really is Big Magik Flippers.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:devil:

A 20th Anniversary Robe made of rainbow sparkles with animated wings of fire that's only available for exactly 10 seconds on September 31st when you sacrifice your first born Sosarian child on the Altar of Mesanna...

:eyes:

/sarcasm

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jewelry Box, Armour and Weapon storage ... both searchable somewhat like the vendor search we now have.
Mesanna said in the last meet and greet that the Jewellery box was a good idea for the next Vet reward.

I put in for New Bod books that when full only have 1 item count (or 10 at a push).
Or just re-do the bod system to work more like the Town trader quests where the large bods just need the items adding and not small bods.
Oh and remove that Bribery rubbish.....
This would stop the need to store hundreds of bods just to get those few to fill a large bod with but would also keep people getting their daily 3 ;)

Another one would be to explain to us laymen how the hell Imbuing/enhancing/re-forging works without having to have 50 spread sheets and a degree in Advanced mathematics. :p

And Luggage just like from Terry Pratchett books, that is non-agro.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
second small house per account
How about a second 18x18 plot availability? The castle/tower/keep folks get extra storage by keeping it a plot. Others of us can have a second place - perhaps right next to the original one?

BTW - only 18x18. Not smaller, not classic style ... 18x18. It's the largest of customizeable plots.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Giving us a 2nd house, especially 18x18, is highly unlikely due to the high probability of people CLOSING additional accounts which presently hold homes.

Accounts close and UO edges closer to cancellation.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a second 18x18 plot availability? The castle/tower/keep folks get extra storage by keeping it a plot. Others of us can have a second place - perhaps right next to the original one?

BTW - only 18x18. Not smaller, not classic style ... 18x18. It's the largest of customizeable plots.
I'd be happy with an account unlock granting the house on your account max storage, same as castle. I don't like castles, I have one I never use because the layout is horrible. I can get more usable floor space out of an 18x18

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most of your ideas are far better

Jewelry box that holds 500 items like The locker that holds maps and sos but only counts as 1 item
Bobs should be the same way 500 counts as 1 book

And for me not able to learn and keep up simplifying the game would be the best gift

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As a returning player I'm really impressed with this shard wide vendor search ..... I would love to see a chest storage system along the same lines, but crossed with the new banking system ...

So ...

You get a new storage box that you can dump all ur beloved crap in and it all disappears just like ur gold when you deposit it, in the new (to me) banking system.

Then it is available via a search menu .... so all ur stuff is in a database and not pretty pixels, needing sorting and getting lost in random packs in random boxes.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I wish we could get a new way to log in, so we don't have to type our password EVERY time we want to log in with a new character.

In a perfect world, you should only type your password ONCE and then be able to move freely between both servers and characters.

The second best solution would be, that you only need to type your password to enter a new server.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like a bug fix.
Publish 86:

The following negative item properties can now be found on magic items:
  • Brittle – Cannot have powder of fortification applied to the item
  • Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed
  • Massive – Increased strength requirement, indicated in the strength requirement item property
  • Unwieldy – Increased item weight, indicated in the weight item property
  • Cursed – Cannot be insured or blessed
  • Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.
These 2 curses are still not being displayed.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Folks, this is the TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY. It should be tremendous. It should make you feel nostalgic, happy, proud. It should make you smile. So,

20th anniversary gift bag:

One per account, available for one month at a clicky statue in town, contains:

- Random replica "Best of" EM event item. Player gets one of ## EM event item from all seasons/shards. So the devs / ems / players select a collection of the best drops over 20 years, and from this pool a random one appears in bag with a replica tag.

- Ethereal Silver Steed OR Dreadmare. The ethereal mounts were the first, the best, and the most used rewards ever. People have asked for Silver Steeds and Dreads for years. These would be like polar bear, colored. Each would be ethereal but have the once a day ability like old dreads, but different. So the Silver Steed would create a white cloud once a day when a player said "Justice", and the Dread a flame cloud when the player said "Judgment".

- A recipe book. Similar to SoT and PS books. For recipes!

- An increase across the account for max storage.

- An increase across the account for max stable stalls.

- Similar to Age of Shadows, a selection of an item of clothing with blessed property and a color selection of hues never available / rarely available that contains the name of the player used to claim the reward bag.

- ONE free vet reward pick per account, from the entire list (minus shard transfer shield), regardless of account age. (REMEMBER, 20th ANNIVERSARY!)

- A Blessed Ceremonial Weapon Engraved randomly with the name of an EM, Seer, or GM from UO history, and having the old item list (Vanquishing, Power, etc) also random.

- A deed for a 20th Anniversary Banner that contains the name of the shard on which it is placed.

- A Trammel or Felucca Moon Fragment (Crystal Ball) that on-click gives a random animation and sound, and changes color with the day night cycle.

- A ticket that, when combined with another player's same ticket, provides each
player with a full set of a Ranger of the Britannian Royal Guard armor.

These are the kind of things a 20th Anniversary deserves!!!!!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever else we get/don't get, I think one thing that is an absolute must would be something made from China (the clay not the country) since that is the gift for a 20th Anniversary.
Some thing like commemorative plates or even a small China doll (these could be the 20th anniversary collectables).

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping for a grand old event, a super well thought out one. That lasts more than an hour, and involves more than just banging on a few 555,555 HP monsters for the whole time. Think ToT or something like that with maybe a huge Zento invasion at the end

One per account, available for one month at a clicky statue in town, contains:
All great ideas in Silent's post, but I would request to change it from one per account to one per account per shard. Multishard playing is very common now.
The devs promoted it with the shard shields, don't start holding up on it now

ambrossia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jewelry Box
New BOD covers (oak, frostwood, etc.)
More Storage
Ability to place at least a small secondary house on another shard.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping for a grand old event, a super well thought out one. That lasts more than an hour, and involves more than just banging on a few 555,555 HP monsters for the whole time. Think ToT or something like that with maybe a huge Zento invasion at the end

All great ideas in Silent's post, but I would request to change it from one per account to one per account per shard. Multishard playing is very common now.
The devs promoted it with the shard shields, don't start holding up on it now
As long as I get your Siege one! :)

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm totally dreaming/drinking here, but this is what I want for UO's 20th:

UO:ML style expansion with a Orc, Dwarf, or Giant Kind themes

* New Player Races: Orc, Dwarf, half-ogre, half-giant, etc.
* New Crafting abilities: Remove item property, and increase item imbueing weight. (have em work on minor Ish and doom arties? hmmm :)
* New Weapons and Armor: Dwarven throwing hammers, etc
* New Dungeons Without a new land mass: New peerless/doom style bosses
* New Ultra Hi-Res client that both CC and EC user would love - then can delete both old clients! (been drinking lol)
* New Ridible Tamable: Worg
* New Global Event that rids UO of Luna and all Dinosaurs.
* New Loot distribution system to encourage world wide hunting, Not just hunting Bosses.
* New Monster Titles based on the number of Monster type killed. Example: Kill 1000 Greater Dragons get new title "Greater Dragon Slayer". Could work for any monster or boss.
* New Monster Spawner AI - Spawns tuffer monsters based on your Monster Title (which you can enable or disable). (may have to work an area for a tuffer monster to spawn - think Paragon but with better AI. they disappear if left alone.)
* New Luck System that uses your Monster Title to boost loot from Titled Monster!
* New Player Generator that keeps all servers full of Real Players
* New Cheat server that serves as a prison for anyone cought cheating in UO.
* New Global General Chat is Facet Specific
* New Custom Housing Editor includes Keeps, Castles, and Classic foot-prints to be fully customizible.
* New Random encounter generator: could spawn anything from a flock of sheep or a hungry dragon feasting on a flock of sheep.
* New Subscription "UO Gold Membership"of $20 per month allows members find all store items in game. Example: Tame Lasher. Get Metal Forge tools as Bod Rewards. etc....
* New Extra Character Slots for sale for "UO Gold Members" are available for 20 dollars each with no limit on character slots.
* New Honor Monster rules. If a monster has more then 75% of its hit points AND Has Not been Honored by anyone in the area you may Honor it. - Drops Microphone.

Time for another Jack and Coke...

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A playable Harpsichord
A new dungeon- Akallabêth
Account and/or Character bound- customizable item
Sandalwood Box- blessed container- Account bound- can only be opened by characters on that account

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a new account management system. I would be very happy and everyone wins!
Well they did say in the 2015 video "May" so maybe May 2017? I still wouldn't bet on it though.

Here are my ideas:

1. Return to Brit promotion and ADVERTISE it.

2. New accounts made and paid with at least one month subscription recieve all the main expansion packs. SA/high seas/ToL etc.

3. 50% off everything UO related in the Origin store.

I guess most of these are down to EA and not the actual devs but they have time to put this EA and push for it.

I'm sure the UO 20th anniversary will be mentioned on gaming websites and blogs so they should really use this FREE promotion to try and bring back old players and maybe attract some new ones.

As for actual in game 20th anniversary gifts etc. I don't really care. Some cool stuff has be mentioned already above.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Silent Singer that was a very nice list and some fantastic items on there, most of us would be happy with just one or two of those, heck I would be happy if they just put Haven and Despise back to how I remember them! :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no longer random resources on trees or mountains ;)

This +10000000 and more. I never did figure this one out.. They fixed it where the only people mining and jacking were scripters. And then, in the name of "new and improved content" gave us a circuitous route to get a map to a colored ore vein. Sometimes, I think they just complicate **** for the sake of complexity. Nothing about any of that is fun-it's a second damned job. Let's get back to the real UO where things made sense and we could ahve some fun!!

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just fix the game as a gift. That would be the greatest gift of all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i really hope the devs read this....the 20th anni should be special indeed!!!

alas ive got a sneaky feeling we will get some dumb bag of rubbish again

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i really hope the devs read this....the 20th anni should be special indeed!!!

alas ive got a sneaky feeling we will get some dumb bag of rubbish again
Likely will be some item only those with the funds to go to a meet-up can get... and sickening that it's just a few months away and there is no press and has been as far as I know no date for this meet-up makes one wonder if it's going to happen or not...

Also really was hoping for something spectacular in-game... but likely it'll be disappointing EM Event that few will be able to attend and even fewer will get a drop from...

I'm trying desperately to cling to hope that the game is going to somehow get better... but I'm just not seeing it. Not sure I'll make it to the 20th anniversary... I've now tried about a dozen other games looking for some sort of an alternative seriously considering Elder Scrolls Online... don't know if I will like that though I really am liking the Revised Skyrim... Tried Shards didn't much like it... far too cartoonish.

All I know is the major milestone that was the 15th anniversary was a massive failure... I have serious doubts that the 20th will be any different and at the present rate of decline I rather doubt we will see 25.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whatever gifts are avaiable for the lucky few that live close enough to any live meet up should be available for everyone to buy in the store for pretty well peanuts...its not our fault we live half way around the world....everyone should have the same ''token'' on this 20th milestone

hell anything like the 15th debacle will sure doom the end

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, this game needs to die before it will get any better.
While EA make enough money out of it to be worth not selling the rights to UO then this game will continue with a skeleton staff on a salary only interested in paying their mortgages and no real power to do anything to the game.
Once EA sell UO then and only then will we see UO grow again. (just look at the free shards, they are all mostly growing with lots of new stuff in them that apparently cannot be put into the live shards because of coding????)

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest they drop a random hair dye (1charge) per character, covering all the hues present in the game, + a very rare chance to get a glacial one. This is in order to destroy all the illegal duping/exploits done previously with the glacial colored items currently selling for 4-8plat

PaulCH

Journeyman
Whether just literally or figuratively, I'd like just a token gift but *far* more important to get improvements to the game in content, UI features and bug fixes.

I'm sure that the pet revamp release date has to come before the 20th anniversary but I think that combining them could have some potential. Some kind of invasion of revamped pets could be cool. A global 20th anniversary event and introduce new pets at the same time.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be honest, this game needs to die before it will get any better.
While EA make enough money out of it to be worth not selling the rights to UO then this game will continue with a skeleton staff on a salary only interested in paying their mortgages and no real power to do anything to the game.
Once EA sell UO then and only then will we see UO grow again. (just look at the free shards, they are all mostly growing with lots of new stuff in them that apparently cannot be put into the live shards because of coding????)
Free shards are not growing. They are following much the same path of Broadswords UO. 5yrs ago there were many more shards, and many more that were populated. 10YRS ago there were ALOT more players and the scene was much more active.

These days its very splintered and theres maybe 3-5 shards that average 200-400 players. Don't kid yourself. Yes some of them do have alot of custom stuff, but the players aren't there either.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Love the 2nd (small 7x7 only) house idea; @Cerwin Vega clever idea, and @THP is right, there are plenty of small spots available on every shard. They could be called 'storage shed' or 'tool shed', 'garage' or 'hut' etc., etc...
Some great ideas here!
Cheers!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Free shards are not growing. They are following much the same path of Broadswords UO. 5yrs ago there were many more shards, and many more that were populated. 10YRS ago there were ALOT more players and the scene was much more active.

These days its very splintered and theres maybe 3-5 shards that average 200-400 players. Don't kid yourself. Yes some of them do have alot of custom stuff, but the players aren't there either.
This... you can tell because most of the tools and such for them are no longer being updated and haven't been in years. But I think most have moved on to more modern games.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
When *is* the anniversary this year? I know the release date was September but the anniversaries seem to be held between July and January lol.