• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ranged Templates (Throwers / Archers) @ Doom lvl 2.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently I've been said by DJad that ranged players have the same right to go Doom lvl2. Also he mocked my words in the post named "crafting order" by Eärendil when he said something like: so you say throwers are not welcome in Doom so you can get more drops and sell for a lot of gold.

I personally think its selfish to bring a ranged player, coz sampire suits are in the cheap versión around 20-25m + powerscrolls can be up to 35 million. When throwers suits are almost the same worth in my 8 years old crafter opinión.

Ranged players make a lot of spawn and maybe get drop, no idea I never used an archer or thrower at lvl 2 Doom. Anyhow you can bring a sampire, do things right and not bother others with your lack of knowledge of "know how".

If you can afford a thrower you can afford a cheap sampire suit. Price is similar only difference is 120 swords for 120 trowing and 120 bushido. the rest can be at 100.

For instance:

120 swords
100 anat
100 tactics
120 bushido
100 parry
100 necro
80 chivalry

This is my temp and I got 4 Halo's so far (among like 10-15 other crappy drops like spirit of tótem, hat of magi, armor of fortune and so on) that is one of the best drops at Doom lvl2 for what I know.

I Hope this can be a post for discussing the matter like adults and not take things personal like the user of the thrower I told he was being selfish for bringing a thrower did (Eärendil) when he insulted me calling me an idiot.

Regards,

Jack_Uo

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A sampire suit does not have to cost 25-30 mil. Build your suit for specific creatures just like you do with your weapons. Much cheaper this way. Dull copper runics and horned kits are your friend.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LMAO Talk about selfish. I guess UO should only be played they way you think it should be played, yea right. Have a nice day. And what is even funnier is after you insult people than you ask for an adult conversation. I really like the way you start "adult conversations". What a joke.

showtime414

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In my opinion their is no place within ultima that one can say "is not for you because of your template" if that was the case then gold skulls would only be usable if you had the correct skill set. Doom was created WAY before sampire's. Used to be the place for paladin's but all other templates were helpful. My only suggestion would be the old saying "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!" In other words...if the spawn or player base is not to your liking, UO is huge! Find another hunting ground. As stated in the beginning this is only my opinion. I'm not lucky so I do not go to doom.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LMAO Talk about selfish. I guess UO should only be played they way you think it should be played, yea right. Have a nice day. And what is even funnier is after you insult people than you ask for an adult conversation. I really like the way you start "adult conversations". What a joke.
Sorry, maybe your ignorance is an abstacle, i'll explain it to you.

Sampires use wyrlwind special move with a doubleaxe that make spawn and can also kill it very quickly, almost instantly.

Ranged players make spawn but they (in most cases for what I've seen) dont kill it.

Its not "THE WAY I THINK IT SHOULD BE PLAYED" its the easiest way that I've found, and like me many others. Coz its easier even if you dont like it. It is. I'm so sorry.

BTW now I remind why I banned you from my posts... coz of that insolent way of starting a conversations with LMAO and sh*t like that. But I bet you are just another st*pid kid. So don't know why I bother to answer you. You don't deserve my time. So farewell!

Regards,

Jack_Uo

Angel

Adventurer
I have been grinding since Day 1 and have yet to get a Halo, I Have 3 Sampires (swords,Mace,Fence) in Doom. (1 at a Time) I got bored with running after DFs. So started an Archer, I loved being dragged to the DF. (until latest patch)
I also started a thrower, lots of fun. I have 3 tamers (Disco,Vet,Myst/Mage) there too. (1 at a Time) I like mixing it up and not playing the same thing Over and Over an over Etc... Ill play what I want Bub.
Kind Regards,

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Recently I've been said by DJad that ranged players have the same right to go Doom lvl2. Also he mocked my words in the post named "crafting order" by Eärendil when he said something like: so you say throwers are not welcome in Doom so you can get more drops and sell for a lot of gold.

I personally think its selfish to bring a ranged player, coz sampire suits are in the cheap versión around 20-25m + powerscrolls can be up to 35 million. When throwers suits are almost the same worth in my 8 years old crafter opinión.

Ranged players make a lot of spawn and maybe get drop, no idea I never used an archer or thrower at lvl 2 Doom. Anyhow you can bring a sampire, do things right and not bother others with your lack of knowledge of "know how".

If you can afford a thrower you can afford a cheap sampire suit. Price is similar only difference is 120 swords for 120 trowing and 120 bushido. the rest can be at 100.

For instance:

120 swords
100 anat
100 tactics
120 bushido
100 parry
100 necro
80 chivalry

This is my temp and I got 4 Halo's so far (among like 10-15 other crappy drops like spirit of tótem, hat of magi, armor of fortune and so on) that is one of the best drops at Doom lvl2 for what I know.

I Hope this can be a post for discussing the matter like adults and not take things personal like the user of the thrower I told he was being selfish for bringing a thrower did (Eärendil) when he insulted me calling me an idiot.

Regards,

Jack_Uo
Maybe just everybody doesn't LIKE to play a sampire. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed in Doom. Just my 2 cents worth.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe just everybody doesn't LIKE to play a sampire. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed in Doom. Just my 2 cents worth.
Yeah man, I'm not saying they can't I'm just saying it would be easier for all if they could kill the spawn they make which on an acher or thrower is very difficult coz of the special hits they have... but for sampires its very easy its just two wyrlwind hits and spawn is gone, but now I look like a f*cking selfish mean kid for just suggesting what we all think which is that if archers and throwers weren't so selfish ("i like ranged temp f*ck the rest of the world") it would be much easier for all of us, not just us also for them.

But no we got to die 5-10 times per round because some selfish kid likes ranged temps well let me say this, the only solution posible I see is whenver I see a thrower or archer I go to the small room where ppl log out and I log out there, I'm not gonna die 10 times coz a selfish kid thinks its fun to play an archer and get everyone killed. I'm sorry.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, maybe your ignorance is an abstacle, i'll explain it to you.

Sampires use wyrlwind special move with a doubleaxe that make spawn and can also kill it very quickly, almost instantly.

Ranged players make spawn but they (in most cases for what I've seen) dont kill it.

Its not "THE WAY I THINK IT SHOULD BE PLAYED" its the easiest way that I've found, and like me many others. Coz its easier even if you dont like it. It is. I'm so sorry.

BTW now I remind why I banned you from my posts... coz of that insolent way of starting a conversations with LMAO and sh*t like that. But I bet you are just another st*pid kid. So don't know why I bother to answer you. You don't deserve my time. So farewell!

Regards,

Jack_Uo
OMFG LMMFAO What a child and since when do you have the ability to ban someone from posting, do you own Stratics, I thought not. Keep up the insults and show us all how much of an ADULT you truly are.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah man, I'm not saying they can't I'm just saying it would be easier for all if they could kill the spawn they make which on an acher or thrower is very difficult coz of the special hits they have... but for sampires its very easy its just two wyrlwind hits and spawn is gone, but now I look like a f*cking selfish mean kid for just suggesting what we all think which is that if archers and throwers weren't so selfish ("i like ranged temp f*ck the rest of the world") it would be much easier for all of us, not just us also for them.

But no we got to die 5-10 times per round because some selfish kid likes ranged temps well let me say this, the only solution posible I see is whenver I see a thrower or archer I go to the small room where ppl log out and I log out there, I'm not gonna die 10 times coz a selfish kid thinks its fun to play an archer and get everyone killed. I'm sorry.
Congratulations on finding a solution that works for you. I get it, I have done the same thing when a certain guild comes in, on my "home" shard, and "screws things all up". I don't feel it gives me the right to tell them they can't play the characters they want/able to play. Again, just my opinion.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMFG LMMFAO What a child and since when do you have the ability to ban someone from posting, do you own Stratics, I thought not. Keep up the insults and show us all how much of an ADULT you truly are.
You don't deserve my time.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must have upset Little Timmy and he took his ball and went home, I'm sorry Little Timmy

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it is easier with melee with chars. i don't care what char people use but only one char, not 5 or more samps doing all doing whirl wind and having 2 bards doing buffs and healing. pretty easy to tell they doing illegal program, with one button doing same thing. it really is a joke. just my opinion

Fwoosh

Visitor
I'm confused.... if it's so easy for a sampire to just WW the adds down then what's the problem if you get a few more adds that spawn up? If the archer/thrower is on the DF the entire time and a sampire can kill off all the adds then the DF would die quicker... again i'm not really seeing an issue here.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Jack!!! Why do you care for what others play?? Let them play whatever they want and dont complain, cause you sounding stupid here my friend, this whole post is useless and has no meaning.

If the archer or the thrower wants to hit just the DF and not kill the spawn, so well be it, let them be, or as you say go to the little room and log off but this is not going to change at all, even less if you complain, gives them more a reason now to do it if they see you in Doom!!
You going to be spending many hours in the little room if you have that mentality, learn to play and adjust to what other players they may be and most importantly HAVE FUN ITS A GAME!!!
If your Samp temp is soo good, you shouldn't be having problems, do a couple more WW and you are fine and also now that you got me in temp, running with no RS in doom is basically bad planning also, the liches if they target you, you will be instantly dead!!

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
[QUOTE="

If the archer or the thrower wants to hit just the DF and not kill the spawn, so well be it, let them be, or as you say go to the little room and log off[/QUOTE]

Wow!,so Archerer's have a right to just hit DF and create spawn ,and leave it for other's to clean up.
Tank for them when needed,so they can always be on the top damager's list,BUT NOT ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM?.

I think there's a name what we call those kind of people,THEY ARE CALLED PRINCESSES/PRINCE'S!!! LOL.

I have NEVER seen a Archerer clean up their own spawn.
I don't think this thread would be here, if they would just clean up after themselve's.
Heck Sampire's already TANK for Archerer's do you ever hear them complaining about that?

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just kill the archer. Problem solved.

Fwoosh

Visitor
There is also no saying that just archers are doing it either. If you go in with say 3 or 4 sampires nothing says they can't be just as selfish and not kill adds and just hit the boss.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not gone to Doom since the revamp, soo forgive my ignorance, but what you are saying is that when the DF is hit, he now spawns creatures that are very near to him instead of his normal tossing bones? As an archer bard, I have always provoked the spawn onto the DF or onto each other. This counts/ed as part of my damage to the DF as I do no run with Tactics, so if the Whirlwinders kill what I have provoked onto the DF should I complain? Do all the thing that spawn immediately attack the Whirlwinders now? I suppose I am going to have to go down and watch what is happening myself. All I hear in Gen is someone whining that the mages and archers are useless and should not come, blah blah, sadly it makes me not interested in participating.

There are the Hit Area properties that the archers could invest in. Maybe since they are Not taking damage perpetually (since not being toe to toe) they could forgo a little Life Leech for one of them.

But.... the archers could always invest in a nice Lighting Arrow move bow to help out like I have on my Bushido archer.

Lightening Arrow - 20 Mana - Upon successful use, hits target and any two allies of the target that are within 5 tiles with a lightning bolt, that does between 29 and 40 points of energy damage.

Whirlwind - 15 Mana - Allows the fighter to strike at all nearby targets in one mighty spinning swing. and there is some formula if you have Bushido that makes the damage higher.

So perhaps if the Lightening Arrow were adjusted to be like Whirlwind to give archers a fair balance with special, maybe the Whirlwinded won't whine?
Overall there are things that can be done, and adjustments can be made, they just need to be fought for, brought to the attn of( @Kyronix), etc.