• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uo on smartphone

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Having some pc troubles.
anyone have some leads on good program to run uo on a smartphone I've seen several videos of guys doing it im just not a very technical guy to get it set up I know smartphones have the speed to handle it now I play uo on my mobile hotspot and uo doesn't take any data at all unless it's a big patch and it's as fast as cable internet seems like something the game should head in the direction of doing even with the failure of that app they made already think it was uo forever

Read that shroud of the avatar is making there game set up for tablet play and uo classic is less graphics then that

This is some images from YouTube a guy playing on his phone in 2009
IMG_4075.PNG IMG_4074.PNG

Liam167

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah you should read the comments on YouTube when watching that video!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Gawd! People complain about the CC and tiny graphics and stuff...and then ask to play on a screen the size of a postcard LOL. I'd have to have two sets of glasses and a magnifyer :/
I play UO on a 46" HDLED TV I can't even imaging trying to play on an iPad or phone... Heck I can't even stand to try to clean my UO houses on the laptop...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If somebody ever blends a Kinect and VR for UO, that would be awesome.

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
theres one guy who talks about running remote play it's running on your computer but he's on the phone controlling him he said the latency was bad doing that way but it was a few years ago

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres one guy who talks about running remote play it's running on your computer but he's on the phone controlling him he said the latency was bad doing that way but it was a few years ago
I don't see it being achievable any other way. Of course it would be essentially unplayable for a lot of reasons.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could never play on a screen that size but it's pretty cool.
I check stuff on my iPad Pro..it actually is bigger and less laggy in 2017 then you'd expect honestly. It runs like the desktop. I use WiFi GO Remote and just remote connect. I do it usually for movies and such on my server. But I digress...

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Think jail breaking would get it to work on iPhone 6 or will it take something else

Screen size isn't a issue for me I'm not blind and that guy in video had full screen going

many character types could manage on it especially a sampire

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think jail breaking would get it to work on iPhone 6 or will it take something else

Screen size isn't a issue for me I'm not blind and that guy in video had full screen going

many character types could manage on it especially a sampire
No you don't need to jailbreak. Just find an app and software that will let you remote use your desktop. I doubt you'd be able to do anything real click heavy. Checking vendors or making a sale or just chatting is easy tho

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, I think developing an app that allows you to use ingame chat and vendor search would be pretty amazing...

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I did this in a couple of times running UO on my pc and connecting my iPhone to the TeamViewer that I opened on the pc. That's the only way I know unfortunately

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can connect your phone to a screen using a chrome cast, connect a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Boom. Done

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The only thing I can think of is being able to 'respond' to any ingame communication requests ....

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
too many people would play at work, get fired then couldn't pay for uo lol

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no doubt you can use TeamViewer/Chromecast/(insert screen remote access progie here) but you are not going to PLAY UO with this... you can maybe monitor what is going on, but I want to see someone recall to Destard, walk in, kill a greater dragon with spells, loot the corpse, and recall to a bank to deposit the coins.

My guess is that would be such a clumsy experience... but I don't think anyone was really looking to PLAY on or from a mobile device, other than maybe 'monitor events' or bank sit or attend an auction.

Last edited:

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There is no doubt you can use TeamViewer/Chromecast/(insert screen remote access progie here) but you are not going to PLAY UO with this... you can maybe monitor what is going on, but I want to see someone recall to Destard, walk in, kill a greater dragon with spells, loot the corpse, and recall to a bank to deposit the coins.

My guess is that would be such a clumsy experience... but I don't think anyone was really looking to PLAY on or from a mobile device, other than maybe 'monitor events' or bank sit or attend an auction.
You could easily play a sampire and drag out your specials and just click them with ease and a tamer just says all kill and heal/hide and a mystic same thing colossus and hide/heal a archer bandage and specials everyone wants to act like this would be difficult whennif the option was there everyone going anti on this would be doing it every day

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Man you really would be surprise by what some ppl I know do with this remote access stuff hehe. IMO it's boring and if Im not on my pc playing UO I won't play at all but that example u gave can be done.......

Herp!

Journeyman
Yeeeah.. some of us have worked out ways to actually play the game from our phone using various remote to comp programs. I get bored waiting on the city to come turn on/off water or come tie in my electric from the service pole, so I play using TeamViewer then. Always CC because it's easier to put everything on screen exactly where I need it. It is possible though that you could root/jailbreak the phone(or just have a windows phone, do they make those anymore?) and use some program that allows you to run programs that require windows 95 or higher and of course... just install the game on your phone. I'm too lazy for all that though, remote in is way easier. I can even play from the toilet.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED