• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Howto Medusa Color a pet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i have to say, i am not interested to color my pets.

But since i rcognize this fact my thoughts are going around it. How do they do it, and how did they detect this bug?
The funny thing around this color, the coloring will delivered as a service from some guys as far as i heard. Typical UO stuff.
The secret seems to stay hidden. They do it at Medusa. Nobody is able to join there partys and lock how they do it.
After some time of thinking i am quite sure that i found the secret but I'll never tested it. I would be glad, to get an answer from thoose people via a personal note or whatever, if my thoughts are correct.

Well i assume it isn't allowed to post information howto uses bugs in this forum. And so i will not post how to color your pets.
Only a clue to start YOUR's thinking. And if i am right, YOU will come to the same conclusions.

So in an way of an Oracle, the answer could be burried in one of my favorite James Bond song's.
I could imagine, that if i get an answer from the "masters of colors" it would be a skill.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I wouldn't mind an answer. I don't particularly care what color my GD is, I would just like to be able to distinguish it from others when several are crowded together.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it a bug or a feature? Surely if it were a bug the GM's would be deleting or reverting the pets colour back to normal?
That is one of the most subtle bits of sarcasm I have seen in a good while! :) I AM assuming that it IS sarcasm, hehe.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't mind an answer. I don't particularly care what color my GD is, I would just like to be able to distinguish it from others when several are crowded together.
but if the answer got out, then everyone would have an Indistinguishable Medusa colored Dragon, and you'd be back in the same boat . . .

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
However it is being done, it is still possible to do it. Lasher is new, and there are Medusa colored Lashers running around.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Merus you are not seeing it wrong Medusa is still doing pets ...
I have seen even blue bugs colored by this.. yuk!
But I also see the advantage to a player to pick their dragon out of a crowd.

I never went in for a dragon paint bucket but this might be an idea to toss around at the next meet and greet... not a tub per say but a select bottle of dye with up to 5 uses for multiple pet owners. Dev can pick out the color choices and then you as the player pet owner may select the choice of pigment and point and click the new shade or feed the dragon a special meal and poof new shiny color. its an idea

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah but it would look dipped in paint... and that can be ugly.

Wish more things were fixed art wise to "not" color everything. Most especially PLANTS.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All I will say is there are 2 different ways to achieve a pet to be Medusa Hued..

yes, they "patched" both ways at one point a good while back, but then it reverted back to being able to be done. Once I realized it could be done again (both ways) I reached out to both Kryonix and Mesanna in April 2016 to let them know. Got a reply back basically saying thanks, we will look into it asap, thought we had it stopped.

So I would take a guess it is not something they intend to have happen but I also have never had a hued dragon turned back normal by a GM either..

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wondered with this new pet publish if they would let us dye our pets and the uniqueness of the medusa pets would be gone... just a thought, probably wrong.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, especially in EC, all dragons are orange, not even the brown one can be seen in any color except the ugly orange.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello, folks.

While this is seemingly a benign bug, it doesn't appear to be an intended mechanic (given the attempt to fix it in a previous publish) and it is against Stratics rules to post details about how to use a bug. This thread is locked until we get official word that this is a permissible mechanic. Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.