• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why the heck did you add this change?!?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, this is beyond awful. If they wanted to throw in something non arty, it should be a random legendary that has a chance to be non brittle or something.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, agree. Make it really worth or just remove it out of the possible drops.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hahaha.... yea, it's bad.... I was expecting them to be part of the corpse loot when I first read it in the patch notes, but no, it takes the place of an actual pack-drop... LAME!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand what "prized" is ?
I come across them all the time and leave them are lesser artifacts ?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand what "prized" is ?
I come across them all the time and leave them are lesser artifacts ?
"Prized" items just cost more to insure and are unable to be blessed.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Why was this added:
A randomly generated “Prized” magic item that is at least a Lesser Artifact, with no additional negative properties.

I've gotten three now and all three weren't the time it took me to drop them on the ground as junk.

Waste of time.
So... apparently the "Prized Lesser Artifact or higher quality item" is now a "Major Magic Item" or higher quality.... a fix is in order! I got one just a few moments ago.... think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.

or better yet... They should just remove that altogether as a pack-drop and make each Doom boss have a guaranteed "Prized" item in it's corpse loot of Lesser to Major Artifact.
(I don't think it's even possible to get Prized Legendaries)

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should at least be greater or major artifact level. This is basically a junk prize to ensure you get anything decent less often. I'd rather get a classic doom artifact than one of those pointless prized magic items.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's just skip all tihs in between and make it a random legendary prized drop? My biggest concern with this *new* drop is, does tihs count against current doom points accrued? Do these points reset upon receipt of prized poop received in pack?

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you unravel the item for a relic fragment?

I think this sounds like an interesting thing to complain about myself ("if you aren't dropping an item worth millions in my pack, don't drop anything in there for free please")

I am apparently not as well off as many - drop any amount of free artifacts in my pack as you want devs, I will find a use for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you unravel the item for a relic fragment?

I think this sounds like an interesting thing to complain about myself ("if you aren't dropping an item worth millions in my pack, don't drop anything in there for free please")

I am apparently not as well off as many - drop any amount of free artifacts in my pack as you want devs, I will find a use for them!

Whether it can unravel or not is not the issue. The point it that it is a completely useless and pointless reward that would otherwise drop in the monsters loot, but taking up your artifact roll that could otherwise be something more useful.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whether it can unravel or not is not the issue. The point it that it is a completely useless and pointless reward that would otherwise drop in the monsters loot, but taking up your artifact roll that could otherwise be something more useful.
I can respect the "taking up" of a roll being an issue. Is there proof that this is the case, or is that speculation at this point? perhaps this is more a filler reward instead for people who aren't going to receive a major drop?

I don't intend to be rude. If the item can unravel, then it can fulfill a purpose (not pointless) and be useful (not completely useless) - so while your point was not to argue if it can be unraveled, both of your classifications are false as a lesser artifact dropping in my pack saves me a few clicks (because I unravel them and would loot)

I am interested to hear from the devs regarding if the lesser artifact drop replaces the chance of a greater drop or if it is like a consolation prize.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you got that lesser "prized" artifact instead of a real drop, then you must have found it on the floor while you were trying to pick up the soap :) (that's basically what happened - hehe)

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can respect the "taking up" of a roll being an issue. Is there proof that this is the case, or is that speculation at this point? perhaps this is more a filler reward instead for people who aren't going to receive a major drop?

I don't intend to be rude. If the item can unravel, then it can fulfill a purpose (not pointless) and be useful (not completely useless) - so while your point was not to argue if it can be unraveled, both of your classifications are false as a lesser artifact dropping in my pack saves me a few clicks (because I unravel them and would loot)

I am interested to hear from the devs regarding if the lesser artifact drop replaces the chance of a greater drop or if it is like a consolation prize.

Patch notes are as follows:
Doom Drops have been refactored and the following are now available as equal drops from the Guaranteed Reward System
  • Hat of the Magi
  • Staff of the Magi
  • Ornament of the Magician
  • Shadow Dancer Leggings
  • Ring of the Elements
  • Gauntlets of Nobility
  • Leggings of Bane
  • Midnight Bracers
  • Glenda
  • Bow of the Infinite Swarm
  • The Deceiver
  • The Scholar’s Halo
  • A recipe for a new craftable doom artifact including the Britches of Warding, Gloves of Feudal Grip, Cuffs of the Archmage, and the Bracelet of Primal Consumption
  • A randomly generated “Prized” magic item that is at least a Lesser Artifact, with no additional negative properties.
  • A random legacy doom artifact not listed above. All legacy doom artifacts have been condensed into a single entry in the reward list, providing a much greater chance at obtaining more desirable items.
When you get a artifact drop, the game will randomly roll from that list to determine what you get. It's not speculation. The item is something that should be regular loot if they intent to keep it at puny lesser artifact quality. It should be bumped to greater or major or removed outright.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have gotten these "prized" things in regular hunting. Maybe it is a boobie prize. :)

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the patch note quote :) I haven't taken the time to read them completely yet!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

From the publish notes ( Publish Notes from 2017-01-23 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums ):

"Doom Drops have been refactored and the following are now available as equal drops from the Guaranteed Reward System
  • Hat of the Magi
  • Staff of the Magi
  • Ring of the Elements
  • Gauntlets of Nobility
  • Leggings of Bane
  • Glenda
  • Bow of the Infinite Swarm
  • The Deceiver
  • The Scholar’s Halo
  • A recipe for a new craftable doom artifact including the Britches of Warding, Gloves of Feudal Grip, Cuffs of the Archmage, and the Ring of Primal Consumption
  • A randomly generated “Prized” magic item that is at least a Lesser Artifact, with no additional negative properties.
  • A random legacy doom artifact not listed above. All legacy doom artifacts have been condensed into a single entry in the reward list, providing a much greater chance at obtaining more desirable items."

Based on that, I would assume that yes, the prized drop is not only using up the roll, but also chewing up currently accrued Doom points.

OT, but prized IS considered a negative property, and negative properties don't ever stack so you'd have more than one on an item. I wonder why "with no additional negative properties." was considered worth even mentioning. :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prized costs more to insure so many people think it is negative. I don't use prized pieces on a basic suit I'm putting on a vendor, new players cant afford it.

The devs also think its a negative:

The following negative item properties can now be found on magic items:

• Brittle – Cannot have powder of fortification applied to the item, will have a default max durability of 255
  • Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed
  • Massive – Increased strength requirement (example below)
  • Unwieldy – Increased item weight (example below)
  • Cursed – Cannot be insured or blessed
  • Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times (excluding jewelry, which cannot be powdered). Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game, you are disappoint. 6 hours of farming reset by a prized item worth less than 30 turn in points. *facepalm*
would you rather have gotten a berserkers maul?

i dont understand your reasoning. example:

18 spell damage increase
1 faster casting
3 faster cast recover
20 lrc
8lmc

Value of anitque (common) - about 1m

Value of prized - about 100m (price ive sold ones like this for on vendor)

Prized is very desireable, yes you still have to get complimentary mods, but at lesser artifact or better weight its more than enough to be very large boost to a template.

yes, this only applies to jewels. but i think thats more of a problem with "brittle" armor being 255 durability. it should have never been that high. 75 durability would have been much more realistic to achieve being able to use the item, but also keeping clean / prized armor with slightly less mods desireable.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Prized" or not, it is a JUNK mod, and the item is most likely JUNK as well, no matter how devs/whoever are trying to sugarcoat this. Go kill a greater dragon and you'll probably get a better loot item right away. PERIOD.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would you rather have gotten a berserkers maul?

i dont understand your reasoning. example:

18 spell damage increase
1 faster casting
3 faster cast recover
20 lrc
8lmc

Value of anitque (common) - about 1m

Value of prized - about 100m (price ive sold ones like this for on vendor)

Prized is very desireable, yes you still have to get complimentary mods, but at lesser artifact or better weight its more than enough to be very large boost to a template.

yes, this only applies to jewels. but i think thats more of a problem with "brittle" armor being 255 durability. it should have never been that high. 75 durability would have been much more realistic to achieve being able to use the item, but also keeping clean / prized armor with slightly less mods desireable.
Yes, I would honestly rather have a berzerkers maul. What I really want is the old artifacts to spawn with new randomized properties...

I don't care if you can make 100 mil selling an item worth less than 50, it just tells me you are a good salesman...it doesn't fix the issue with the loot system.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets celebrate all the "prized" drop we got in actuality. Here's mine from hours of doom run.

SS_1154ff.png

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I would honestly rather have a berzerkers maul. What I really want is the old artifacts to spawn with new randomized properties...

I don't care if you can make 100 mil selling an item worth less than 50, it just tells me you are a good salesman...it doesn't fix the issue with the loot system.
im just saying prized pieces are valuealbe. it doesnt have to be legendary. i also wouldnt call throwing something on a vendor being a good salesman at all.

personally id rather have the chance to get a really nice prized piece, (some can be worth billions compared to the current average of the best drop - the halo) even if it is a very low chance. with all loot your looking at maybe 1 out of 100 pieces.

my suggestion, get about 100 prized doom drops before judgment. out of that 100, your bound to get some good stuff. im not saying this would be easy to do, but really the only way to analyze the situation.

you cant base judgement off 1 bad prized peice you got, because yes most will be bad.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im just saying prized pieces are valuealbe. it doesnt have to be legendary. i also wouldnt call throwing something on a vendor being a good salesman at all.

personally id rather have the chance to get a really nice prized piece, (some can be worth billions compared to the current average of the best drop - the halo) even if it is a very low chance. with all loot your looking at maybe 1 out of 100 pieces.

my suggestion, get about 100 prized doom drops before judgment. out of that 100, your bound to get some good stuff. im not saying this would be easy to do, but really the only way to analyze the situation.

you cant base judgement off 1 bad prized peice you got, because yes most will be bad.
I agree with most of what you are saying, but it has been 5 bad pieces so far. In that same time I have upgraded 2 full suits just doing the roof on the side and still have not seen a good prized item, glenda, halo, or even a single recipe from doom.

Maybe I need to be more dedicated, but that would require running 4 more accounts at the same time...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I need to be more dedicated, but that would require running 4 more accounts at the same time...
well this is a whole other topic, i agree, the rampant multiboxing, the farming of loot by these means for the past year with no action taken by the GMs does probably make most of this gear seem like a waste of time. because at this point it probably is. which is the main reason ive pretty much given up hunting to get armor. comparatively and if your running 1 account yeah its not worth the time. which is sad but the current state of UO with mesanna and the GMs obviously not caring.

Also if it really is not working as described (lesser arty OR BETTER) that issue would also have to be looked at. have you gotten any prized items that are better than lesser arty?

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol, am I the only one that has gotten a "Prized - Major Magic Item" as a pack-drop from doom so far? That's very disappointing if so.

Also, has anyone gotten a "Prized Legendary" drop yet? I've gotten probably 60-70 clean legendary items since global loot (No, None of them came from doom...) I've never seen a Prized Legendary item though, I don't think they exist..

Prized is imbuing weight x5 = price to insure up to a cap of 5,000 gold for a single item, whichever is lowest.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I request that Doom be completely reverted and then the new items simply added to the drop table.