• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holy fist ruined

de-chande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Holy fist has been a very talked about spell recently. I feel mainly it's the group fister gank squads that are making it a pain. It is very nice that the devs have heard the complaints and adjusted it. The only problem is it's still a gank squad spell hitting for 35 damage and when teamed with wrestle and parry it's very hard to kill. They have tried to nerf it by slowing it down a bit and making it use more mana. But in my opinion that hasn't achieved anything apart from making it almost useless as a solo template. It uses 30 mana now so even with the 213 mana I have on my suit I can only do about 7 fists. I would much rather they kept the speed it was at and the mana it uses and reduce the damage to 30 or even 25. It would stop all the insane fist squads as they couldn't insta dump for 35 damage each. Please reconsider making fist a useable solo template

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
should be easy to nerf the gank: put an immunity timer on it like they did on some special moves. makes it still viable in 1on1s if timed right and avoids it being abused by gank squads...

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Told you guys. Holy Fist was already weak in a 1v1. A 1 second immunity timer would have been much better. Now it is worthless in a 1v1. Another useless temp, so now there is even less diversity .

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Told you guys. Holy Fist was already weak in a 1v1. A 1 second immunity timer would have been much better. Now it is worthless in a 1v1. Another useless temp, so now there is even less diversity .
A template like that at 4/6 and parry wresting shouldn't be an option to be a stand alone.

If so tie in 4/6 to go to 2/6 with wrestling or parry.

Immunity timer would be nice, but really no different than if 4 people were to dump flamestrike. I wouldn't make it completely useless.

de-chande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I still think reducing the damage and keeping it cast fast would be a much better idea. It can then be teamed with many other skills to make a decent template rather than fist parry wrestle resist only templates. If you team it with magery at 69.9 (does not reduce 4/6 chiv) with 120 eval and 20 sdi it means you can use the magery for small spells and the chiv for fist but the way it is now you burn all your mana so fast. Fist has really been made as a team play spell which according to the devs is against the idea of making templates 1v1'able. Personally I would like to see the damage reduced to 25/20 and the cast time same as it was or a tiny bit faster. Then you can "duel" it with mages. It's to slow to fight a Mage as they can constant disrupt you but in a group the damage is to high. I know mages can all pre cast a flame strike but it's the fact fisters have so much defence and still cast faster with 35 damage. With remove curse and high hit point heals plus cures that can cure dp first time. I just think it would solve all the problems of gank squads and make fister a more rounded useable 1v1 template.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think reducing the damage and keeping it cast fast would be a much better idea. It can then be teamed with many other skills to make a decent template rather than fist parry wrestle resist only templates. If you team it with magery at 69.9 (does not reduce 4/6 chiv) with 120 eval and 20 sdi it means you can use the magery for small spells and the chiv for fist but the way it is now you burn all your mana so fast. Fist has really been made as a team play spell which according to the devs is against the idea of making templates 1v1'able. Personally I would like to see the damage reduced to 25/20 and the cast time same as it was or a tiny bit faster. Then you can "duel" it with mages. It's to slow to fight a Mage as they can constant disrupt you but in a group the damage is to high. I know mages can all pre cast a flame strike but it's the fact fisters have so much defence and still cast faster with 35 damage. With remove curse and high hit point heals plus cures that can cure dp first time. I just think it would solve all the problems of gank squads and make fister a more rounded useable 1v1 template.
Mages holding flamestrike would do way less than a fist AND at a longer cast because fist for some reason does near max damage at 70 energy.

I have brought this up many times and the devs just bury their head in the sand every time it is brought up and pretend that it is not an issue.

Or make it so mages are doing 95% of max spell potential pre-curse. I am sure everyone would like that wouldn't they?!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holy fist has never been able to kill someone solo if theyre anywhere decent at pvp since the beginning. Its only feasible to run in groups of four or more. The defensive side is what makes chivalry just stupid to fight against. Right now only dexxers with splintering weapons really have a chance of beating that defense with bleed stacking. Theyre should also be rules against running it with other magic like bushido or ninja or magery. Its a paladin skill not samurai or ninja skill. I think if its run with other magic schools it should cut the damage down to like 20.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
LMAO. Holy Fist has been nerfed like 10 times already. No more nerfs necessary

de-chande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It has been nerfed but the nerf do what it was intended on doing. People wanted it nerfed because it does massive damage and when teamed with a few others is well over powered. I don't know why they don't just drop the damage and leave everything how it was. All they done now is make it a spell that uses up more of your mana and cast a tiny bit slower but still do crazy damage. The devs just keep making it worse and worse but not addressing the actual reason they are trying to nerf it. I love playing on a fister but after this patch it's just getting a bit poo. By making it cast slower you ruin template diversity as by the time you cast it your target as run off screen. If they make it faster and reduce the damage you can then have a fighting chance of killing somebody 1v1. Teamed with something like swds and bush with a Bok and alch you can get good damage. But with the way it is you nerve strike somebody cast a fist and they either off screen before you could ever think about casting another one or half your mana in gone. It's ruining the spell. They need to make it 1v1 type of spell and not a team based spell. Simple

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It has been nerfed but the nerf do what it was intended on doing. People wanted it nerfed because it does massive damage and when teamed with a few others is well over powered. I don't know why they don't just drop the damage and leave everything how it was. All they done now is make it a spell that uses up more of your mana and cast a tiny bit slower but still do crazy damage. The devs just keep making it worse and worse but not addressing the actual reason they are trying to nerf it. I love playing on a fister but after this patch it's just getting a bit poo. By making it cast slower you ruin template diversity as by the time you cast it your target as run off screen. If they make it faster and reduce the damage you can then have a fighting chance of killing somebody 1v1. Teamed with something like swds and bush with a Bok and alch you can get good damage. But with the way it is you nerve strike somebody cast a fist and they either off screen before you could ever think about casting another one or half your mana in gone. It's ruining the spell. They need to make it 1v1 type of spell and not a team based spell. Simple
I agree it should be made stronger for 1v1, but somehow make it weaker in a group setting. I also feel the slow effect needs to be increased, because it is pretty much nonexistent right now.

I'm just concerned any further tweaks to Holy Fist is just going to make it even weaker than it already is in a 1v1

Last edited: