• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone explain... the selected destination shard is unavailable

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried using a transfer token and getting this "the selected destination shard is unavailable."

I'm seeingly fully patched and up to date.

Anyone know why?

Thank you in advance for thoughts, unless your name is Fabio, whereupon I know you are trying to block my recall spot anyways.

Herp!

Journeyman
Are all of the following true:

You have an empty slot on the shard you are transferring to
The shard you are transferring to is not Siege/Mugen
You are in a safe log out location
You are not mounted

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.... all true statements.

Are all of the following true:

You have an empty slot on the shard you are transferring to
The shard you are transferring to is not Siege/Mugen
You are in a safe log out location
You are not mounted

Herp!

Journeyman
Curious.. I am sad to say, I cannot assist :( Best I can do is say ticket it in game or call Broadsword.

Sorry.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can add that I am not carrying, nor do I have anything in my bank, that is shard bound. Additionally, I am not in necro/vamp form.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it is about 12 hours 'ahead.' I can log into the destination shard right now though... I just cannot bring in a new toon. Thank you for your question and possible thoughts this gives.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, it is about 12 hours 'ahead.' I can log into the destination shard right now though... I just cannot bring in a new toon. Thank you for your question and possible thoughts this gives.
Usually that happens a few days before, and a few days after a major publish is released. If the shard you're trying to transfer to is an Asian one they might still be receiving the latest patch there. If that is the case it should be fixed within a few days at the most.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Whenever this happens to me it's because I have a stupid bank check buried in a bag of junk somewhere.

Royal pain to track down amount 700+ items

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whenever this happens to me it's because I have a stupid bank check buried in a bag of junk somewhere.

Royal pain to track down amount 700+ items
Usually with items like this, checks and the fireworks banner, etc, . Might try it one more time and watch the messages really close

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or else you destination still hasn't been published up to date, like was said before

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too bad the message cant be slightly more specific on the reason.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had the same issue (and same message) happen going from Baja to Pac early this morning before either had gone down for maintenance. Once both shards had gone down and come back up, I was able to transfer just fine. I think Baja (since it's a test shard) may have had some small unnoticeable updates and I needed Pac to catch up before I could transfer.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I received an email from Broadsword today that yes, as @Captn Norrington stated, US Servers and other servers can be 'out of sync' (my word choice) and the email to me today stated:
"Please try your Shard Transfer again after the next servermaintenance-cycle.

I hope this answers your question. If not, please page again.

Thank you for playing Ultima Online!"