• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who else is playing?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've got setup and have started playing Shards Online for the alpha.

@cazador has been helping my noob ass out so thanks for that :)

I've seen a few other names I recognize in the shards discord channel @MalagAste @Nexus and I was just wondering who else is playing and how are you finding it?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really enjoying it so far. Sanctuary server is really badass. I've got 3 more people to pledge. Looks very promising so far.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't get to play it as much as I'd like, but try to pop on now and then. Mainly I don't want to "learn" anything atm. Once we have things set up here to start publishing I want to be able to write from a new player perspective.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've play off and on since the beginning. Need to update and start again. Can't remember which offical shard i play. But i'm tamais when i do

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I play when I can between all the other things I do... usually stay on the main server Aria or something I can't remember I'm terrible with names. But since there aren't any Dark Elves in the game yet if you do see my character her name is Emily Evans. She's a fair noob yet... working real hard to get gold to buy a larger house but I keep hearing there is a wipe coming so mostly just testing to see what I like and don't.

I'll say the taming that was on the main server stinks... none of the animals survive more than .5 seconds against anything at all and I don't have enough first aid to rez them... so that wasn't working well for me. Did try digging up a few chests that was fun... I've also been in a dungeon or two... so far haven't been PKed even on my trips to the outlands... but that's more likely the time of day that I play.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The server Sanctuary Legacy Beta is fun and completely different from Aria @Nexus give it a try. It uses UO skills not Shard skills so it's completely different.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a shame they are now doing a full wipe including characters. I will definitely be playing when it's out on Steam. I am very impressed with the game so far.

I like also how the devs get in the discord channel and in game with the players. I know it's because they have to promote the game as best they can but I hope they continue to interact with the players like this.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's a shame they are now doing a full wipe including characters. I will definitely be playing when it's out on Steam.
Standard thing to do honestly. I'm not worried about it myself, and I'm looking forward to Steam as well.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took a look at shards a good while back but dismisssed it due to world/server size issues ... it just didnt look like an MMO. Just heard its been rebranded with a much much bigger world so may well take a look and dive i with a pledge.

Hows it shaping up with the bigger map?

Zeph Wightfyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took a look at shards a good while back but dismisssed it due to world/server size issues ... it just didnt look like an MMO. Just heard its been rebranded with a much much bigger world so may well take a look and dive i with a pledge.

Hows it shaping up with the bigger map?
The new map isn't available to us yet, but from what we've seen it's looking great. There's going to be a live demo today on the Community Roundtable, if you're interested in tuning in. It'll be on twitch.tv/shardsonline

Testing resumes for the game on the 12th. Perfect time to pledge!

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new map isn't available to us yet, but from what we've seen it's looking great. There's going to be a live demo today on the Community Roundtable, if you're interested in tuning in. It'll be on twitch.tv/shardsonline

Testing resumes for the game on the 12th. Perfect time to pledge!
Thanks for the info!