• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throwing?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take it while I've been away the Dev's haven't let us have Throwing on Human chars yet??
Big hint....

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope...and Mesanna said it's not going to happen.

I asked at a Meet and Greet last year.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just annoys me that Humans/elves can seem to learn an ancient magic art of Mysticism, but cannot learn to throw a piece of metal....even though we already have ninjas.
I say if Humans/elves cannot learn Throwing then they shouldn't be able to use Mysticism either........bloody mages always get the love but never the Melee schools.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just annoys me that Humans/elves can seem to learn an ancient magic art of Mysticism, but cannot learn to throw a piece of metal....even though we already have ninjas.
I say if Humans/elves cannot learn Throwing then they shouldn't be able to use Mysticism either........bloody mages always get the love but never the Melee schools.
The reason is that Humans and Elves don't have Talons... Gargoyles can catch the whirling blade when it returns because they use their iron like talons to snatch it... Humans and elves would lose all their fingers if they tried. (Also if they were trying to catch it with platemail on it would bounce out of their hand and clatter to the floor...)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason is that Humans and Elves don't have Talons... Gargoyles can catch the whirling blade when it returns because they use their iron like talons to snatch it... Humans and elves would lose all their fingers if they tried. (Also if they were trying to catch it with platemail on it would bounce out of their hand and clatter to the floor...)
Chainmail gloves ;)
Personally I think they should allow it but give Gargs like a 15 HCI for Throwing and don't give it to Humans that want to use Throwing.
There are many many ways to allow everyone to use it but still keep Gargs as useful as anything else. Look at Human/Elves elves don't complain that we can use all their skillsets.
With the amount of different buffs and such in the game these days the argument against letting us have it is now basically just......Because Mesanna wont let us.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you're using logic huh ? Where's the logic that says players with 0 magery can open up a gate onto a scuttled ship ? Scuttled ships were literally almost sunken under water, meh but that's ok, we'll just open up a magic gate that floats on the water so people can get free transportation.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So you're using logic huh ? Where's the logic that says players with 0 magery can open up a gate onto a scuttled ship ? Scuttled ships were literally almost sunken under water, meh but that's ok, we'll just open up a magic gate that floats on the water so people can get free transportation.
I do try... It sounded logical... I am after all a person of science...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could also be said that to use Throwing it seems you either have to use Wraith or Vampire form anyway or your just wasting your time.
As far as i'm aware both of these change your appearance anyway so you end up looking like a Human or Elf using Vamp/Wraith form anyway.

See, no reason why Humans couldn't have Throwing.
Ter'Mur is DEAD only 2 plots used on Europa (4 if you class the dungeon also) and the only reason people go there now is for Imbuing or resource gathering.
Let me make a proper Ninja with Throwing!!!!!! and not have to use some dambed winged freak that couldn't even hide in a smoke filled room!

We have many, many reasons For but only One against, Not good enough.