• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugs at doom

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1. Back room hallway and doorway. after logging out and returning the art will not let you go back out the doorway and two other locations in the hallway. I have to log out and return three times per character to get out of the back room. It seems like the ceiling is set to low and returning you get offset up one space for some reason.

2. Dark Father blood. The way I fight dark father is keep the spawn amount to a manageable level then go after the Dark Father. Everyone that gets the blood stays on the dark father and avoids the spawn. This means the person with the most damage on the Dark Father will always get the blood drops. A friend and i partied went down I keep the spawn rate down he went after the the Dark Father. He got 53 Blood I got 6 for the same amount of time. Our characters hit for about the same amount they are similar character types. The main difference is strategy on how to fight the Dark Father.

Changed my strategy avoided the spawn went after Dark Father everyone around me died. I lost one character of three I got 5 bloods on one Dark Father. This one Dark father gave me nearly as many blood as the other +50 I helped kill.

3. Item and recipe drops. Did a total of 15 gauntlet runs on 3 fighters on a peacer the only drops I got were the twelve blood (one without my friend with me.)

Conclusion: I'm very stubborn person I will not change my strategy. I still believe keeping everyone alive is the proper way to play this game. I will not be returning back to doom unless no one else is there or the drop system has changed.

Last edited:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hrmm I hope you are wearing a flame proof suit, because unless you agree with Vet and a few others that doom is now "perfect" you will be labeled " a vocal minority Baja carebear weenie"

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Played a prov-disco-peace mage and only once had looting rights on DF in 2 days. Mainly useless tactic of trying to discord DF and provoke spawn on him. Would die frequently from DF's spawn. Tried partying with a guildmate with barding and magery also. Still rarely had looting rights. Spent inordinate amount of time rezzing/healing self and others. Needless to say, I had no drops except grey robes. Support role is futile for any hope of a drop.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The only bug I see is the doorway. The rest can be concluded in this statement of yours
Conclusion: I'm very stubborn person I will not change my strategy. I still believe keeping everyone alive is the proper way to play this game. I will not be returning back to doom unless no one else is there or the drop system is changed.

Herp!

Journeyman
I believe in keeping everyone alive as well, I also believe in not being greedy. Just because everyone else got blood and you didn't but you kept them alive, maybe they should share? Maybe you should arrange before going in that you will split the blood even amongst yourselves at the end of the duration you spend in there?

Not saying the drop rate isn't weird, but it's always been that way in Doom... I also am not meaning to flame you in any way, just making a suggestion because I used to run a 4x bard in Doom and never get anything but I had good friends that helped me out because they knew I was assisting heavily with heals, provoking the adds on to the boss, discoing the boss, and area peacing on occasion (really wasn't necessary prior to this patch though).

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hrmm I hope you are wearing a flame proof suit, because unless you agree with Vet and a few others that doom is now "perfect" you will be labeled " a vocal minority Baja carebear weenie"
I expect to get banned from Stratics one day anyway. i say and do as i believe is right not what other people think. Again, I'm very stubborn.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Herp:
Agreed. I will do doom with friends only. If it's my friends that gets the drop that is fine. I honestly don't care.
The drops are meaningless to me other then the, "yeah, I got something effect."

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only bug I see is the doorway. The rest can be concluded in this statement of yours
So you are very happy because a major update will make you billions and frustrate the majority of players. Why help others in a mmrpg when you can selfishly benefit yourself.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So you are very happy because a major update will make you billions and frustrate the majority of players. Why help others in a mmrpg when you can selfishly benefit yourself.
Did I profit from this update? Absolutely! But guess what, you had just as much time as I did to prep for it to be released. So who's fault is that? Me taking advantage of an economy that is driven on RMT and lazy players, or you sitting back and not testing the new content for well over a month and then getting mad at me for doing so?

I don't sell gold or items for cash, but that sure doesn't mean I don't know how to capitalize on the current market to fund my play style though.

And my statement you quoted was serious. They only existing bug in the OP's claim is the doors. The rest is opinion based.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Did I profit from this update? Absolutely! But guess what, you had just as much time as I did to prep for it to be released. So who's fault is that? Me taking advantage of an economy that is driven on RMT and lazy players, or you sitting back and not testing the new content for well over a month and then getting mad at me for doing so?

I don't sell gold or items for cash, but that sure doesn't mean I don't know how to capitalize on the current market to fund my play style though.

And my statement you quoted was serious. They only existing bug in the OP's claim is the doors. The rest is opinion based.
My set of three fighters and a peacer can out do anyone there. I could easily kill the dark fathers and let everyone else die.
i stood there with three dark fathers on me a number of times.

The basic concept of this game originally was about the basic virtues. in real life and in game I attempt to follow them as best as i can.
I'm not playing this system. I consider it a major bug that goes against the principles of the game. It should be fixed.

It's very easy to fix. Random drop for anyone that has looting rights.

Last edited:

Herp!

Journeyman
Just a thought, I haven't been in with a bard in a while. Is the spawn provokable or is it like in SG? If spawn is provokable all you need is to provoke 1 monster on to the boss every 30s and the game considers ALL damage taken by the DF to be your damage... Could be considered a MASSIVE bug, but it's a way you can cheat the system. You'll know if it's working, I used to voke a lich lord on to the boss & it would consider my friend's dexxers damage all as mine, can even see the Double Strike/AI damage going off above the DF :)

And yes, I have sent this bug in to the devs numerous times, they say it's working as intended.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just a thought, I haven't been in with a bard in a while. Is the spawn provokable or is it like in SG? If spawn is provokable all you need is to provoke 1 monster on to the boss every 30s and the game considers ALL damage taken by the DF to be your damage... Could be considered a MASSIVE bug, but it's a way you can cheat the system. You'll know if it's working, I used to voke a lich lord on to the boss & it would consider my friend's dexxers damage all as mine, can even see the Double Strike/AI damage going off above the DF :)

And yes, I have sent this bug in to the devs numerous times, they say it's working as intended.
Yes. You will not get top damage with a provoker but you will keep everyone else alive. Your theory doesn't work on the Dark Father.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Herp! You don't do the damage or get credit for it you just see it being done. Been like this like forever, it's somewhat useful to see what chars doing masssive damage and then look up there templates and equipment.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(3)
o Please remember to submit your feedback about your experiences with the revamped Doom gauntlet, and/or with any other Pub 96 content.
uo AT broadsword DOT com
subject=Publish 96 Feedback

o Be reasonably polite (because Mesanna does not respond well to nastiness).

o List problems and propose changes (because computer programmers are list- and goal-oriented, and aren't mind-readers. If you don't say what it is that you want, you're not going to get it.)

o Your feedback is important. Your skills and equipment are different from mine, therefore you will have had a different experience than I did. You're also nicer than I am, and as I mentioned above, Mesanna does not respond well to nastiness.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bug in doom:
The item drop "nodraw" what is it and can people see it in the enhanced client?
I have gotten four. There is no error message nothing in the insurance menu.

Any ideas what it is? Or what it was when the lich looted it ha

Thanks

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
is there a timer on df now? it has disappeared on me 3 different times while soloing it. wasted valuable effort lol

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Door bug is not just in Doom, it's a client bug to do with the new size play screens area.
Happens a lot, unmount/remount to refresh or run 1 whole screen away then back.
Problem in doom is you cannot run 1 screen away when your in the safe-room and a lot don't have mounts.
I get around it by standing next to the invisible door then re-logging.

I think it has something to do with the fact the game client still only draws to the old tiny window for some things but we have a bigger area to view now so it conflicts.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yesterday my guildmate died to a flesh renderer and ran his ghost to the Healer's room. As soon as he rezzed, that same flesh renderer jumped to inside the healer room and killed him again (yep I laughed). Then it jumped back to it's normal room.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yesterday my guildmate died to a flesh renderer and ran his ghost to the Healer's room. As soon as he rezzed, that same flesh renderer jumped to inside the healer room and killed him again (yep I laughed). Then it jumped back to it's normal room.
Too funny, made me laugh, thanks for sharing. :hahaha: