• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training weapon skills: KHALDUN tentacle broken?

Hello Friends and UO producers!!

I wanted to train a toon ... I bought a mythic token ( so I choose the main skills at 90 ) and I go, as always, to Khaldun Felucca....but arghhhhhhhh something has changed!!!!

You cannot attack the tentacle anymore, you can just attack it being close to it , and the tentacle will kill you if you stay too long there...

I wonder why this had to be changed...?

It's the best way to train after purchasing from the website a mythic token or an advanced.

Indeed you can start to train here just from 80 weapon skill or even better 85+ ( as advanced or mythic give that exact skill points).

By doing this I will have to train in other ways and start from lower skill points by myself, I will not need to buy the tokens from the site...it will take me more time...but UO will lose income.

I don't understand why you had to do this change to hurt the uostore income at the end.
I think it's a mistake , it's an old way to train from 85-90 skill points..

Did you think that people were doing it unattended? but when the tentacle was dead...it was spawning in different angles and you could die if you were not at the computer!!!

Anyways I hope you will fix it as it was.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's classed as an exploit if you can hit a mob but it cannot hit you, be thankful they didn't ban you ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many game mechanics that are broken and have been for many years, but yes.
Like the old days of training at Moonglow graveyard, thru the fence.
If it's a popular spot they tend to just "change" it rather than banning everyone. I suppose the most recent that I remember was the Swoop.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There are many game mechanics that are broken and have been for many years, but yes.
Like the old days of training at Moonglow graveyard, thru the fence.
If it's a popular spot they tend to just "change" it rather than banning everyone. I suppose the most recent that I remember was the Swoop.
What happened at swoops? I was considering farming them for items/gold...not sure what I am supposed to kill now outside of the Roof/Exodus for decent items now.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swoops used to be so much easier and had better loot, they were camped 24/7.
So they made them less appealing (still easy now due to new mods but loot dropped way down the tables)

Ofcouse i'm going back a few years with this but it's just an example of how they will "alter" the sweet mobs. ;)

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Swoops used to be so much easier and had better loot, they were camped 24/7.
So they made them less appealing (still easy now due to new mods but loot dropped way down the tables)

Ofcouse i'm going back a few years with this but it's just an example of how they will "alter" the sweet mobs. ;)
Anything I should look to be farming a bit more as a tamer?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swoop still drops a fair bit of gold if that's what your after, the Sphinx is good for pets. As for loot, sorry I've been gone too long to know what's "the good mobs" anymore.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I trained my Bard/Tamer and GDs on Swoop. Honor/Discord, all kill Swoop, heal pet as needed, collect gold. Bring a bag of sending. You know you have a Tank when your GD solos a Swoop non-discorded and no heals needed.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I trained my Bard/Tamer and GDs on Swoop. Honor/Discord, all kill Swoop, heal pet as needed, collect gold. Bring a bag of sending. You know you have a Tank when your GD solos a Swoop non-discorded and no heals needed.

Swoop still drops a fair bit of gold if that's what your after, the Sphinx is good for pets. As for loot, sorry I've been gone too long to know what's "the good mobs" anymore.
Gold seemed great, hoping for "hot lootz" you see in the trade section.