• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two Questions: Catskills and BOD rewards

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I resubbed the other day after seeing what I apparently missed with Publish 95.

BOD's with a point value? Excellent! ...

But does anyone else think the point value when you store them is criminally low? 2% and 20%? I'm just trying to get a general opinion on if the points are ever even worth it.

I tried doing some of my first carpentry deeds, and I can either get 450 points for an exceptional 20 count of chairs (That's a lot of boards!), or 350 points for an Oak based woodland armor (That requires the bark as well as the oak!), or 5 points or 4 points to accumulate. Anyone else see this as ludicrous, or am I just impatient?

Second question/opinion:

Does anyone ever play on Catskills anymore? How are populations fairing these days? I only occasionally see a spam from a gold seller, but other than that, no response in chat from 8PM EST on...

Is Atlantic the only option now? And how active is THAT?

Thanks for the feedback!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried doing some of my first carpentry deeds, and I can either get 450 points for an exceptional 20 count of chairs (That's a lot of boards!), or 350 points for an Oak based woodland armor (That requires the bark as well as the oak!), or 5 points or 4 points to accumulate. Anyone else see this as ludicrous, or am I just impatient?
Agree 100%. But we had this argument already, and the fanboys and pets won...so dont look for the bank points to get any boost, and probably gonna use the small dev team excuse as a reason not to make the overall points logical, for the goods required.
And it isn't just carp bods with that issue, It's fletcher tinker and an alchy with the same problem.
Good news is, you can bribe up the lower armor bods and get PoF easier...Other than that, the whole thing was a wash

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good news is, you can bribe up the lower armor bods and get PoF easier...Other than that, the whole thing was a wash
Unfortunate. UO comes close to doing some things so right, then fumbles just before the goal line.

Wish I could say I need PoF's, but I got a ton of them from Blacksmithing BODs for years passed. I have GM+ Blacksmithing/Tailoring/Alchemy/Carpentry/Tinkering, and a PoF Keg would be nice.. but with this system.. Yikes.

Ah well. Again, thanks for commenting!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You people complain too much. Within a few weeks I've managed EVERY reward (several dyes of each color and upper rewards worth getting). I don't bank points at all. What's the problem?

@Coldren, PoF Keg can be gotten with the correct single small bod that's been bribed up. Not that hard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You people complain too much. Within a few weeks I've managed EVERY reward (several dyes of each color and upper rewards worth getting). I don't bank points at all. What's the problem?

@Coldren, PoF Keg can be gotten with the correct single small bod that's been bribed up. Not that hard.
Half the BODS for tinkering, cooking, carpentry DONT WORK AS INTENDED. THATS THE PROBLEM!

Need a list?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, I've had no issues getting the rewards I was after with any of the new bods. Yes some of them need fixing, but patience and knowing how to swap those "mule" skills out between chars will build anyone a nice bod collection fairly quickly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, I've had no issues getting the rewards I was after with any of the new bods. Yes some of them need fixing, but patience and knowing how to swap those "mule" skills out between chars will build anyone a nice bod collection fairly quickly.
I have all the rewards I want. But, what am I supposed to do with 600 random BODs that don't bribe up? Wait patiently while they have moved on to other things?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Toss them? As you said yourself, you have the rewards you want, so why keep them?

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Eight years ago we left Cats for Siege and we love it here. The population seems to be getting better, The reasons for leaving Cats, no one in the alliance or anywhere else would answer any questions in gen chat or the alliance. We were doing the same things over and over. I go back once in a while and ask a question, no answers. At least someone can say they dont know, its better than silence.