• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Losing Items In Secure Containers

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I encountered a costly bug or whatever it was. For days I have been sorting out items for my vendors and placing them in the secure container I have set for them by my vendors. Now these containers have been in the same spot for months. While I was organizing the containers, I noticed that some of the items that I just put in there a couple hours ago have disappeared. I chalked it up to maybe i dropped beside the container or something and it decayed.

Later on in the day, I was bringing more items from one house to another using teleporter's and when I went to move a bag from my pack into the container, I noticed the bag was empty. Where did my items go.. They were there before teleported to the other house.

If that wasnt enough, a couple hours ago, I was checking my vendors and now I am missing the whole secured container that I was putting my vendors items in, along with my mailbox. I paged a GM and he came, lowered himself and brought up my Mailbox, but couldnt find any of my other items. Where the hell did they go? They were there prior. How far did he have to go to get the mailbox? Are my other items further down?

This isnt the first time I have had something like this happen. 5 years ago I was moving my Rares Museum over to Atlantic when low and behold my whole character got deleted while transfering. Of course they couldnt find my character or items or replace anything and I was out Billions. Luckly this time is only a few hundred million but still.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To much stuff has been happening in UO this last couple of weeks with this new PUB to the 3 Prodo shards. I log on once a day to make sure my houses are there and then log off.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had a similar issue over the weekend and I attributed it to the teleporter pads (charged version), more specially transferring between facets. I lost a full secure of commodity deeds. I also noted that a few others peep'd up on gen chat about losing items. Maybe this is not a one shot deal.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is this happening with house customization tiles too or just the locked down kinds?

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Have you checked that you have enough available storage in your house?

Have you checked the moving crate?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What type of containers are you moving these things in? I've noticed over the last year or two that some bags of mine just seem to vanish and the circumstances are all different. I usually have one bag on each character that holds their personal items and this bag has vanished on me before, but the items still remained in my pack. At other times, bags have vanished out of my bank leaving a big pile of stuff which had been nicely organized in said bag. I'm always picking up bags off the ground to use to sort my junk but it made me wonder if maybe someone was duping using these bags and the system is eliminating them as part of an anti-duping measure.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What specifically was lost?

Did you put the items on a vendor and set them as "not for sale"?

Have you tried looking at your bag in list mode on the Enhanced Client?

Bummer to hear! Please share other details you have as this might be helpful to prevent it happening to more people.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never trust a game generated container (for important things). The locked barrels in dungeons that you can pick up. The bags that hold monster reagents. The reversed backpack even. Was it a player made container? I often wonder if people, who make and sell containers that are locking, keep the keys! :) I wonder if they could unlock and open it! hmmm!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I remember in old days, if you got one of the barrels/kegs from gupsy/brigand spawn and locked them down without keeping them in your backpack for a while, they would decay, that may still be an issue with other game generated containers.
There could be a new bug. If someone drop below a floor or step, you may be able to reach it with using CTRL Shift as it will show all items.

I had not heard anyone on Siege loosing stuff using house teleporters and we use them alot, however as we have no shard transfering, we do not have duped items so I don't know how the game will handle duped items.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was no customizing involved. The houses were already built. I simply went from one house to another using the veteran teleporters.

The secure containers I lost have been locked down for months. I set them next to each one of my vendors for storage.They were The King's Collection Boxes that I purchased myself from EA so I know those were not used for any type of duping. I always check item then place it into the secured box for that vendor. If the do not go on the vendor, then I place in a different box, which is still at my house with the items.

I tried to check the moving crate from house sign but it didnt show up as I had anything in there. I paged the GM and when the GM brought up the moving crate from under my house, the only thing there was my mailbox. Now if the moving crate had my mailbox, then my containers had to go somewhere or could have been even lower. I have plenty of space in the house (18 x 18 + 60% storage) so that is not the case, but it doesnt explain how I lost items just from going from 1 house to another. Are Teleporters bugged? Am I bugged? I have done nothing different yesterday that I havent done Every Week Before with the same containers.

I also lost a Commodity Deed Box with 80+ commodities in it, which again has been locked down for months.

Anyways here is a list of items I lost, that I can remember, lost about 150 items:
80+ Various Commodity deeds (crafting materials - Ingots, Granite, Leather, Imbuing, Wood)
2 Commodity Deed Boxes - 1 with the 86 deeds (Secured) and an extra within the Kings Box
2 Kings Collection Boxes - Containers used for my vendors
2 Glacial Hair Dyes - Received these myself from Mel
Kotl Black Rod
4 Raised Garden Beds
Ethy Polar Bear, Hiyru, and Tarantula
12 Rock Hammers
Commemorative Robe
2 Pieces of Blood Rubble - Center Square and South Edge
Set of Harrower Skulls
SOT Book With Various Sots
SOA Book With Various SOAs
20+ Golden Skulls
Bleue Jewel Set
Some City Banners
Guild Signs
Potted Plants

Granted all can be replaced with lots of work and gold, but that is not the case. The problem is items just disappearing for no reason. I could understand if this was due to my error, but I know for a fact it wasnt as I use these boxes weekly and they never move.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did the owner of the House Change and did the New owner has less storage increase?
How many lockdowns are left?
What happen except moving stuff?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The only odd thing I've notice over the last few day was I stripped a house completely down to a bare lot. When I was done the sign said I had 50 storage used. Nothing in the moving crate etc. I went into customizing mode and made everything invisible and looked around and didn't see anything under the house. After reset it went back to normal. But it does make me wonder a little if house might think it's has more stuff than it actually does. What would trigger that and when it might happen? Possibly related.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Do anyone else know your password? I would changes it as it sounds to me like someone else could be using your account and stealing this items.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one has my passwords or information and if they did they would take the whole account and not just a couple containers. Either way, I was logged in on that account the whole time on various characters.

The owners of the houses never changed. Both houses are 18 x 18 with 60% extra storage so houses had the same amount of storage. There was nothing else I did. I took items from one house to another and put them into locked containers. While doing so, items disappeared from my pack and my mailbox and containers which have been locked down for months disappeared. Nothing was changed except me putting items away like I do every week.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Did a house drop or get placed next to it? I had a situation years ago where a house dropped next to my castle and someone placed. When it happened all the vendors on that side wall were gone as well as the chests against the outside wall. Ugh.....

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, there is no room for any other housing next to it. It is a totally secluded area.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just a couple of things that come to mind:

-Friended folks that have or had access (could be stealthing around and as such, invisible)
-Co owners

@Capt. Lucky, there was an issue with Bulletin boards that affected storage...I seem to recall that messages on them were counted as items. Having trouble finding a link to the fix, though am fairly certain I remember reading that it was. Could that have explained your situation?

Maybe we need some UO House insurance specifically with item loss protection. :p

Cheers!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Just a couple of things that come to mind:

-Friended folks that have or had access (could be stealthing around and as such, invisible)
-Co owners

@Capt. Lucky, there was an issue with Bulletin boards that affected storage...I seem to recall that messages on them were counted as items. Having trouble finding a link to the fix, though am fairly certain I remember reading that it was. Could that have explained your situation?

Maybe we need some UO House insurance specifically with item loss protection. :p

Cheers!
At the time, no. There was absolutely nothing but a plot

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Two days ago I lost a bunch of insured itens when I got killed on Atlantic(with plenty of money in the bank to cover insurance of course)
Paged a GM and they said "we understand how frustrating it can be to lose something in the game." They told me to report the bug to a different email if it was a case of game flaw. Very professional, they can't move and try to look for themselves already =)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Paging a GM for lost items is not going to get you anywhere, they cannot replace anything that is lost.
They can check under the house and stuff like that but they cannot generate an item again.
Ive had the bug where at least 4 eppaluates have dissapeared from my corpse and after the 2nd page and being told they cannot replace lost items, i gave up when something is lost.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember a bug after a Publish in the late '90s where someone could come into your house and say "I ban thee" then target one of your secured containers. The container would instantly teleport to the outside of your house and it was no longer secure, of course. People had to lock their doors until the bug was fixed. With the very strange-acting "All Follow" bug out there right now, I wouldn't be surprised if there are others.