• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help identifying some devs

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've been digging through all the various lists of dev credits, plus all the various times they've had dev names on items - greeting cards, pumpkins, etc. This list is all the nicks I haven't yet been able to ID. Anyone happen to know who any of these nicks are?

Affect
BD
Cachorrao
Dorow
Epic
Evrie
Feidrid
Fuzzy
Jovin
Kaenja
Lakeb
Lothande
Meri
Mickey
Myrmidon
Nadigan
Othan
Peaches
Rikaun
Rub
Saralah
Sebastian Seino
SzzQ
Terya
Vuldare
Worver

Thanks,
Brian

ID'd:
Borson - GM Borson
Eldariian - Talal Saad, Producer of Dark Age of Camelot
Glathin - GM Glathin
Inarea - GM Inarea
Iriso - GM Iriso
Khizer - GM Khizer
Krenyn - GM Krenyn
Labuc - GM Labuc
Lydhek - GM Lydhek
Quona - GM Quona
Soulrais - GM Soulrais

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you trying to find the 'real' name of the person behind the nick or what stuff they had their names on?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eldariian might be Talal Saad who was with Mythic and probably is still with Broadsword. Check your messages for link to a DAoC forum where I got the info.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
you trying to find the 'real' name of the person behind the nick or what stuff they had their names on?
Real names, or what position - dev, GM, etc. For that list of nicks, the nick is all I had. Myrmidon's the true oddball; esp with the Myrmidon armor, I've been trying to figure out who that is for a while, with no luck.

Digging through DAoC for names:
Vuldare also seems to be a DAoC mob Vuldare
Borson has a DAoC mob named Kkor Borson
Evrie has a DAoC NPC Evrie
Feidrid has a DAoC NPC named Chieftain Feidrid
Lakeb has a DAoC NPC Lakeb
Myrmidon has some DAoC armor as well: Myrmidon's Vest and Myrmidon of Tyr Ring
Terya is also a DAoC NPC Terya

So they definitely seem to have used the entire Mythic/Broadsword staff list's names, not just UO, but also DAoC... @Kyronix or @Bleak, any chance you guys might help ID who these non-UO names are?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's an interesting article about Mythic and giving credit to people who worked on their games:
http://kotaku.com/5055109/overlooked-warhammer-devs-get-their-due-credit

Also, the International Game Developers Association has crediting as one of its advocacy issues and maintains a whole list of resources on the subject: Resources - International Game Developers Association (IGDA) (see the "IGDA Developer Credit SIG Resources" heading and links below it). One of the white papers is here: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.igda.o...B-E5A52615F622/IGDA_CreditsSnapshot_Apr06.pdf .

Edited to add: Another interesting read is The secret developers of the video game industry .

And another: All Work and No Credit, A Tale of Two Developers

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks Tina. I've already gone through all the official credits; they're all at Official Credits - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums , both separately and combined. But there's at least some names that fell at times between releases - some EMs, GMs, etc. I've used the EM sashes to add the missing EMs. For GMs, I've not found any lists, but I've added in the few I found so far that were missing.

This list here is those devs who the devs felt were worth naming on a gift item. At this point, I think it's all Halloween 2008 and 2009 pumpkin names that are left, so these are likely forgotten GMs or Mythic folks (Warhammer, DAoC, or BioWare). Otherwise they could be UO devs using nicks that they'd not disclosed/used elsewhere.