• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Retrieving an Old Acct (help)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have an old acct that I want to activate. I know the acct name and the email, but can't remember the password.

What would be my next step in trying to retrieve the password or resetting it?

Thanks!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have access to the email to receive a reset password message? If so, this is what I've been doing as all my inactive UO accounts have had to have their master passwords set anyway.

First, make sure you are logged out of the Origin Store.

Next, go to accounts.eamythic.com and click the Forgot you EA Account Password. It will take you to a new page asking you to login again. Instead of logging in, click the Forgot Your Password link. It will then ask you to enter the email address which you do. You should get a reset email link in your email. You can click that to reset the password, then go back to account.eamythic.com and login using your email address. You should have access to all UO accounts affiliated with that address and can reset those UO passwords from there.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Contact the in-game support

Name of the account:
Secret Word:

First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account (MM/DD/YYYY):
Phone number on the account:
Country and/or State of residency:

Date when account was opened and closed:
Last four digits of credit card on account and type:
Any character names found on the account (name AND server):
Any other information that may help locate the account(s):
If you got OLD pictures (screenshots) that can help as well

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have access to the email to receive a reset password message? If so, this is what I've been doing as all my inactive UO accounts have had to have their master passwords set anyway.

First, make sure you are logged out of the Origin Store.

Next, go to accounts.eamythic.com and click the Forgot you EA Account Password. It will take you to a new page asking you to login again. Instead of logging in, click the Forgot Your Password link. It will then ask you to enter the email address which you do. You should get a reset email link in your email. You can click that to reset the password, then go back to account.eamythic.com and login using your email address. You should have access to all UO accounts affiliated with that address and can reset those UO passwords from tehre.
This didn't work. This wants to change my EA acct password and not my uo game acct password.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This didn't work. This wants to change my EA acct password and not my uo game acct password.
Log into UO account management using your master account email and password. Select the UO account from the drop-down. Then toward the bottom I think there is a change password option.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not gonna jump through hoops just to reactivate an old acct for awhile. I'll keep my $ instead.

Thanks for those that did try to help. :)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not gonna jump through hoops just to reactivate an old acct for awhile. I'll keep my $ instead.

Thanks for those that did try to help. :)
If you can login to your EA master account, it's the easiest thing in the world to change your UO password. Seriously, EA deserves a lot of criticism but this is so easy. It's a matter of type password, retype password. How many hoops is that?