• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holy Fist range should be reduced

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright so, Holy Fist/Chivalry is strong. I don't think anything about it is overpowered necessarily, but there is just something about it that makes it the most anti-fun character/game mechanic that I have ever seen.

I think what makes Holy Fist so strong is the fact that the damage is instant, and while the nerf to cast time will help, I don't think it's going to stop the fact that in a group of 10 people, 8 are Holy Fisters. The syncing (spamming actually) potential of the spell is just so annoying and boring and ehhh, it's just dumb.

So what I think would be a good fix would be to lower the cast range of the spell, a lot like Close Wounds. Doing that would hopefully get rid of these "mage" Holy Fisters who literally do nothing but spam the spell and stay alive with their ridiculous defense, and move people back to a dexer type character. The damage would be left alone but the players would just have to get closer to use it, makes it a lot less mindless.

@Bleak

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get rid of the tactics requirement for weapon specials and it would balance out, more accessibility to things like mortal strike, bleed, feint, the list goes on and on... (I can't believe it still hasn't been removed... like omfg)

The only reason Parry-mages And Parry-holyfisters are "The" problem is because they are overly defensive and the offensive options against those templates are severely limited, which make Parry-casters the "best" templates to play.

If anything should be done to sway the "sync/spamming" of holyfist, it should work similar to how Painspike works, to where the damage is cut by ~80-90% if it's used on the same target again within x seconds... If that happens, all the additional changes made to holyfist aside from it becoming interruptible wouldn't be needed.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Alright so, Holy Fist/Chivalry is strong. I don't think anything about it is overpowered necessarily, but there is just something about it that makes it the most anti-fun character/game mechanic that I have ever seen.

I think what makes Holy Fist so strong is the fact that the damage is instant, and while the nerf to cast time will help, I don't think it's going to stop the fact that in a group of 10 people, 8 are Holy Fisters. The syncing (spamming actually) potential of the spell is just so annoying and boring and ehhh, it's just dumb.

So what I think would be a good fix would be to lower the cast range of the spell, a lot like Close Wounds. Doing that would hopefully get rid of these "mage" Holy Fisters who literally do nothing but spam the spell and stay alive with their ridiculous defense, and move people back to a dexer type character. The damage would be left alone but the players would just have to get closer to use it, makes it a lot less mindless.

@Bleak
I was getting worried for a moment, been almost a week since we seen a NEW post about Holy Fist :rolleyes:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The need to fix Rejuvenate so it can be cast Evey 30 seconds :bdh:

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Alright so, Holy Fist/Chivalry is strong.

@Bleak
If anything should be done to sway the "sync/spamming" of holyfist, it should work similar to how Painspike works, to where the damage is cut by ~80-90% if it's used on the same target again within x seconds... If that happens, all the additional changes made to holyfist aside from it becoming interruptible wouldn't be needed.
I would actually get behind the combination of both ideas. Also including, @PaithanTheElf 's suggestion on how the dmg should be calculated