• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Spell focusing sash favors cheaters

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now people who use illegal programs can toggle it via macro and other people can not.

Can we please change it so that the spell focusing sash can be toggled on and off by double clicking it?

That way people who use UOA would be able to toggle it with a macro rather than taking off robe, left clicking and selecting it from the menu.

It's a huge advantage to the people who use Illegal programs toggle it during fights without having to take 10 seconds doing it by hand.

Removing it from the game would be even better but, I'll take the double clicking. @Bleak @Kyronix

Last edited:

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious as to what benefit they get by doing that.
Spell focusing sash has it's uses, but they are situational.

If you are running with a group of mages with big spells loaded ready to sync, you wouldn't want the sash active.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It only allows them to switch from group pvp to single target pvp faster... not a big deal.

Although, would be much better if all clients would be treated equal as far as functionality.
UOA would likely be updated if you send suggestions to Tugsoft via email.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even single target pvp the sash isn't always called for. My mage for instance (yes, I know I suck) doesn't even wear it, since I tend to go big from the get-go.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
charging it single target, turn off instantly after 120% goes back down to 70%. It's a big advantage being able to have it as a macro.

Pretty confident getting devs to make it double click to activate is easier than getting tugsoft to change the way it records macros.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Right now people who use illegal programs can toggle it via macro and other people can not.

Can we please change it so that the spell focusing sash can be toggled on and off by double clicking it?

That way people who use UOA would be able to toggle it with a macro rather than taking off robe, left clicking and selecting it from the menu.
Speaking as a Linux user who owns a license to UOA, but can't use it with wine, I don't really see much difference between the 'cheater' macro and the UOA macro. Either way, someone using the vanilla client is at the same disadvantage.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what you are talking about but, what I'm talking about is super easy fix to a one blatant advantage provided by an illegal client.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the OP, i have to make sure i'm wearing an epaulette to assist with switching off and on, but i can't do it on the fly, however this option is not available for Hawkwind's robe.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are no drawbacks to allowing the sash to be toggled on or off by double clicking, as opposed to the sashes context menu.

There should be no one to oppose the OP's suggestion.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although another solution would be to ban the illegal programs, that would even things out a little, or perhaps removing the ability to toggle it during the heat of battle? that would also make things even.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They are all legal now I think as the list of approved programs no longer exists.

A list of all approved 3rd party programs can be found here in the EA knowledgebase.
I highly doubt that, more likely EA expects Broadsword to maintain all of the FAQ type info and it's not happened yet due to limitations with staffing. Honestly if what you said is the case, and "Any way you want to cheat" is the rule of the day they should just pull the plug and wash their hands of the title and maintain a shred of dignity or at the least show a bit of respect for the honest players that pumped money into the game for nearly 20 years.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly if what you said is the case, and "Any way you want to cheat" is the rule of the day
Sadly from all the recent posts and threads (this one included) it seems it is going that way. The link I posted above I found on UO.com and it just forwards to a dead page. Its a real shame. It takes all of 1 minute to update something like this but they seem to be more focused on making rainbow unicorns and such rather than addressing the other (imo more important) issues with the game.

Back on topic. Yes there is no reason not to add a way to double click the sash to activate it.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I agree allowing toggling by double clicking is the most simple and logical solution.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I wouldn't mind double click, though even better, imho, would be adding a macro option "activate item ____" with a dropdown to select the slot - sash, earrings, ring, bracelet, talisman, etc. The ability to have a floating "icon", like a spell, that you could double click would also be nice.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of focus, does anyone use Rage Focus on their weapons?
Nah, melee dexers could benefit from it, but no one plays melee without a casting skill or Archery as a back-up.
if you switch weapons, it would cancel the effect, but since the "focusing" starts off with a negative damage modifier it wouldn't be worth it to use for most of the templates people play anymore.

Although, I could see it being very effective, especially if you use the focus sash and focusing on your weapon.
applied to something like this:

Imbued Sword of the Stampede.jpg

Focusing Sash builds up with hit-spells on weapons as well as spells you "cast".
Focusing gems applied to weapons build up when the weapon hits, since there's 100% hitspell they should both build up in tandem.
Now I need to make a non-tamer to use this weapon =D

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Does the sash affect Holy Fist? I know it's capped at 35, but it could help vs elves