• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Harrower Upgrade?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think its time the harrower gets an update to make it more interesting to fight and pvp for.

Here are some ideas I was thinking about:

Have it spawn in a 3-5 different locations of a dungeon and give it bounce-back like champion bosses, so it cant be drawn to a easy grind spot.

Make it spawn with tentacles on the first form (like 10 or so), also have it randomly spawn tentacles throughout the fight.

Lastly idk if this is even possible: At certain points of health like 75%, 50% make the harrower jump from one dungeon to another and have to be found again and defended.

This would make fighting over a harrower really fun and give all parties a chance, not just massive zergs.
I just think its time to make things more interesting in pvp and add more challenging diversity to what is supposed to be the boss of bosses in UO. What does everyone else think?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like way to much effort for a +25 scroll that 95% of people have already.

I do agree that it needs a loot bump and changing up a bit to draw in more people to fight over it. Popping a harrower just isn't a big deal anymore.

As for the jumping from dungeon I would hate this personally.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that the harrower need an upgrade, not by the way it functions but by increasing the legendary drop rate or by introducing some badass random artifact drop.

Killing a harrower nowadays is not rewarding anymore, thats the reason people start to loose interest in popping champ spawns in fel dungeons overall.

Best thing we can start with as a community is by pushing the price of the +25stat scrolls to 40-50mill each.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This! Give them the loot table of Shadowguard and let them drop more cool replicas / arties.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best thing we can start with as a community is by pushing the price of the +25stat scrolls to 40-50mill each.
The problem here is most current players already have used +25 scrolls. I know all my characters have and I would guess the same for yours Gandalf.

This means it would only probably be new players buying them and I think 40-50m would be to expensive for a genuine "new player".

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem here is most current players already have used +25 scrolls. I know all my characters have and I would guess the same for yours Gandalf.

This means it would only probably be new players buying them and I think 40-50m would be to expensive for a genuine "new player".
No trust me i keep making new chars, im addicted to making new templates, i got 19chars now, and more coming. Most new players get a hand from the guild, or at least this is how we roll... so that aint a big problem imop. U remember when the magery 120ps dropped to 8-12m, now theyr selling for 22+ again, just saying

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Generally the price of a thing that 90+% have will go down, even if you make that thing harder to get. Given that I've found +25's as cheap as 4 or 5 million, you're certainly not going to see them ever 10x in price.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Harrow is (IMO) the most time consuming boss to "key" for. Top it off by being in Fel, with the risk of PvP and he doesn't need to be the hardest boss in game to deserve top end loot.

Upgrade his loot to SG level and I think that alone would be enough.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree it definitely needs a loot upgrade, but it also needs a couple new usable drops that can only be got by killing him specifically. At the same time I also think the AI for the harrower needs updating as well. It cant stay as lets put a sampire and a bard there and just defend it. It needs to have things like being able to disarm its attackers or a large area spell like virtuebane or juo'nar, maybe even throw in a temporary state of invulnerability like they did with the flesh renderer in doom. Have it throw tentacles at its attackers during the fight in both forms. I think all ideas like these will increase the pvp fun and make it more enjoyable overall.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I think they should do some sort of epic story line merger as a catalyst for upgrading the whole system. By which I mean a merger between The Harrower and Exodus, they could have a massive introduction story line with a PvM event to introduce the new hybrid Haroxodus, before making it the new way to get stat scrolls up to and including the +5 valiant (in other words the Haroxodus would drop an item that takes you to 260 stats as well as the lower ones.) After the initial 1 event per shard PvM/Tram ruleset version it would serve as the new replacement Harrower (i.e. get the skulls to summon) in Fel. They could also use this time to remove the laborious Exodus keying method and 2 person restriction but make the boss insanely hard. By insanely hard it should have access to every combat method in the game and randomly be able to turn things like anti-LifeLeech on/off, anti-x special move on/off, spell vulnerability on/off, healing from pets on/off etc. Meaning that you would need at least 3-5 different templates to do it.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Harrower needs a loot bump. Most people do not need stat scrolls these days. Maybe it should guaranteed to drop at least a couple of prized legendaries.

The other champ bosses need a loot bump as well.