• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Justice Virtue

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can we do something about this?

Easiest solution is to make not run out when protecting people like before. There are no reds to kill these days. People will just make a garbage red character to kill for the justice and what is the spirit in that?

Short and sweet. This virtue needs to be looked at.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could just make killing orange players count for gaining justice. Thats all I can think of for a quick fix.

They might technically be blue but its a good half way fix and I guess might encourage more people to participate in VvV.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could just make killing orange players count for gaining justice. Thats all I can think of for a quick fix.

They might technically be blue but its a good half way fix and I guess might encourage more people to participate in VvV.
this is probably the best solution as the game has been trying to kill off the classic pvp scenario for years. #redlivesmatter :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
First off IMHO, I think they need to take another look at Honesty before they make any adjustment to Justice. The Honesty virtue might be the single biggest grind in the game.

They could also just uncouple Justice from PvP by allowing gains through killing the red raider NPCs (found at the brigand camp west of Britain). Continuing to keep it bound to a dying segment of the game is a loosing proposition.
I like this concept.

Just like killing various monsters to raise fame or karma... killing red brigands or red mages for higher levels of Justice might give some life to that type of content.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off IMHO, I think they need to take another look at Honesty before they make any adjustment to Justice. The Honesty virtue might be the single biggest grind in the game.
I've maintained 3 Knights of Honesty since the virtue came out and have to agree that it can be a major grind, especially if you don't have forensics. I can Knight a character in ~3 days of moderate play. However, finding lost items, especially if more than one person tries to work the virtue at the same time, quickly becomes grueling.

I posted a list of suggested changes to the Virtues in May of '15 before they added Spirituality and Humility (which is grindier than Honesty)...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no reds to kill these days??
Why is that?
Because of the FC1 town bonus that doesn't dissapear on death that is only available to blues, how about you protest the town bonus rather than asking for a revamp of the Justice system???

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should you get the benefit (bonus scrolls) for protecting if there are no reds to protect from?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's no problem with honesty, if you know what to do. It took me 2 hours a day over 3 days spread out in a week to get knight.

The secret is to have a character with forensics (you should be able to identify all the items once you get into the 60s, though it might take a lot of checks on some of them - all the more chances for skill gains).

1. Pick a starting point on the coast (the point where the mountains come to the sea, south of the Blighted Grove and Shame, is probably the best)
  2. Run along the entire coast of Britannia clockwise, stopping to pick up any honesty items you find (usually, about 20), until you come up the coast from Skara to finish the circuit.
  3. Then, recall to all the islands (all the island cities, both the original and volcano sides of Fire Island, the prison island off Yew, Skull off Buc's Den, Iver's Rounding off Skara, Dragon Island north of Jhelom, all the islands between Trinsic & Serpent's Hold, the islands between Trinsic & Britain, and Dagger/Ice Island), and do the same on each island. You'll get about another 5-15 items doing that.
  4. Have the forensics character Evaluate all the items, sorting them by city, and taking notes as to the character name associated with each.
  5. Have the character wanting the virtue take the bag for each specific city, and look for the owners. They are always Yellow named peasants or nobles. This maximizes the gains.
  6. Skip a day between runs, to allow items to reset. If you work consecutive days, it's likely that only about half the items will have respawned (there appears to be a cap as to the number of them available at any given time). Some items will also spawn along mountainsides or cross-country, so keep an eye out while traveling cross-country in Trammel (and I think Fel, but VvV makes it difficult for a couple towns, before you take Yew moongate into the equation), or even go out while waiting for the coastal stuff and circle each mountain chain.
  7. The first round of delivering all items will put you well into the virtue (as much as half-way to level 2). The second round will put you half-way to knight from level 2. The last round should put you at Knight, or within a dot or so.
  8. If you drop a point, generally just 3-5 items will put you back to knight (been buying stuff like crazy for Trade orders, and worked up to 4-item trade orders, and haven't dropped below knight yet, despite buying lots of gems and armor pieces).

Dot: Humility is even quicker on any character not a weapon user.
Go outside Umbra or Luna to one of the Elven bandit camps, start humility, and just cast summons over and over. It's especially easy for mystics with RCs - the elves die in 1 swing (rarely 2), respawn quickly, and can't d enough damage even with the summons having penalties to kill the RC before it times out. Took me about 5 hours farming those brigands to get knight.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dot: Humility is even quicker on any character not a weapon user.
Go outside Umbra or Luna to one of the Elven bandit camps, start humility, and just cast summons over and over. It's especially easy for mystics with RCs - the elves die in 1 swing (rarely 2), respawn quickly, and can't d enough damage even with the summons having penalties to kill the RC before it times out. Took me about 5 hours farming those brigands to get knight.
That sounds far less annoying then how I worked it. The first time I besieged the orc mines for a few days, then the next three times I fielded the acid slugs until Knight.