• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Resolution size and house rendering problem

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just noticed this problem. I selected 1152 x 864 as the new window size. There seems to be a problem with how houses are displayed near the corners of the window. Parts of the house appears to be missing and are not being rendered.

Look at the bottom right corner of this pic.

house clip.jpg

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Known issue. Houses are also just built out of dynamics. Hence, same problem.

Could you all take a look at the max render size inside the Shadowgaurd rooms. I noticed today that there seemed to be a certain size square that would render and everything outside of that radius would turn back into the base bricks. It followed me around in all the rooms I did like a large circle of trans. I am using the 1152x864 window size. Below is a shot of one of the rooms, notice the corners as red brick.
Reworking how these rooms get built is on our list of things to do but requires some additional under the hood tinkering beyond the scope of this publish. Basically, as you have experienced, the SG rooms are built out of dynamics to accommodate the specific experience for that room. This allows us to instance the encounters without having to worldbuild umpteen areas for each of the specific SG experiences. The downside to this is what is shown in the screenshot.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, no new problem. And no gamebreaking issue. Just remembers me of the old MS-DOS tims when PCs were so slow that they had to load/render the next screen...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to make the whole screen size render. Its not an issue of slow loading. The chopped parts never load.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only thing that would concern me is if a person was in that corner - does it render (show) them? or perhaps monsters

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been like this on EC since the start. You get used to it.
I only use EC. It has never chopped off my neighbors house like it does now. My gardner has not changed the screen size. Something is different.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can file it under one of those uobugs that are never to be fixed, a bit like when you enter a dungeon and you lose half your stats from arming/rearming your suit.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I only use EC. It has never chopped off my neighbors house like it does now. My gardner has not changed the screen size. Something is different.
I don't think I had this problem when I first started using the new window size. I didnt notice it until after playing for several days. Maybe something got changed with the display radius or when they fixed how approaching player names would not show.