• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Personal Bless deed for <name> ... use ?

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a couple of these deeds on chars that are not on the same shard as me due to t/fers long ago.
My question is can I use them on my current chars ?

When I d/click the deed I get a msg saying The bless effect will not work for any other char ... Im guessing that is the char named on the deed and NOT the char that did the d/clicking - right ?

Is server-time still a small window of non-save time where I could test this ?

Capture.PNG

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They actually changed these some time ago to work on any char on the acct that got it. I have 5 personal bless deeds being used on just one char. Three of the deeds I got on that same acct but on a different shard and transferred them over and they worked fine.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They actually changed these some time ago to work on any char on the acct that got it. I have 5 personal bless deeds being used on just one char. Three of the deeds I got on that same acct but on a different shard and transferred them over and they worked fine.
Wow that's great to know cuz I've collected other players "Bless Deeds" for 15 yrs and have tons. Would it be worth listing them on a forum and which 1 ?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats an interesting change, surprised this hasn't come up yet.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
best part of it is you can remove the bless if the item you used it on is out of usefulness... and reuse it on something else.

So I can take the 20 personal bless deeds off other shards and transfer them to my main on Atlantic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as they belong to that acct, then yes.

Going to test this real quick to make sure I am correct.

Ok I had a personal deed for char A, gave it to char B who is on the same acct. It worked fine but changed the name on the deed to char B's name. Gave the deed back to char A and after replacing it on the original item it again changed the name on the deed back to char A's name. :)

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They also changed the "Owned by No One" tag on Talismans when PBD's were changed... now "Owned by <Insert character name here>" items are blessed for Anyone & Everyone, but it retains the name of the first character to equip the item.

Awesome as soon as I leave work I gotta go make sure I didn't delete those old bod runners on other shards lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want everyone to please keep in mind that not any personal bless deed works for just any char. The bless deed will only work on chars from the same acct who's char originally got the deed.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mine were from the same account, just a diff shard - had them for about 12 years and deleted them last night ... then read the post where it can be used by other chars on the same account ... see I knew cleaning up was a bad idea !!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Mine were from the same account, just a diff shard - had them for about 12 years and deleted them last night ... then read the post where it can be used by other chars on the same account ... see I knew cleaning up was a bad idea !!
i dont understand why you would delete a PBD in the first place!?!?!?!?!?!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i dont understand why you would delete a PBD in the first place!?!?!?!?!?!
I don't either and people wonder why I keep crying about needing more storage... it's because stuff like this is always coming up where something you had ages ago has a seriously good purpose... This is why I keep all this stuff!

Now give me more storage!!!!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No kidding @MalagAste!

I have only picked 3 veteran rewards total out of 14 accounts because I didn't want to find room/space for more items! I have thought about getting a bunch of the garden sheds but i'm still holding out for a castle!

But good to know about these personal bless deeds that they can be used by characters on the same account.

Now give us more storage! Hehe

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No kidding @MalagAste!

I have only picked 3 veteran rewards total out of 14 accounts because I didn't want to find room/space for more items! I have thought about getting a bunch of the garden sheds but i'm still holding out for a castle!

But good to know about these personal bless deeds that they can be used by characters on the same account.

Now give us more storage! Hehe
Sadly I have 2 castles, 1 keep, and 10 18x18's... all accounts maxed up to full bonus storage capacity and I still have no room... still faced with my houses telling me "That would exceed the secure storage limit of this house."... time and time again... I have I don't know how many millions of points in the spring clean and I still have NO ROOM. But with 90+ characters on my homeshard and I don't even want to know how many 100's on other shards... I just overwhelmed with stuff everytime there is a gift... every time we get rewards... every time we get a clicky I've actually started to learn to stop going to get a clicky anymore if it doesn't have anything "rare" or special colors or whatever.

I used to spend hours on end designing and decorating homes for folk... it was a passion of mine... had 100's upon hundreds of things for decorating for any season and any style... but since honestly there aren't that many people about and my "love" of the art has reached an all time low.... especially of late with the newer art... I just don't really feel like it much anymore. I keep thinking I ought to just get rid of all the stuff... but I can't bring myself to do that either...

Love the game still... just don't like it's current direction and am missing old friends more and more. Many old friends are gone... sure there are a few left but the game seems to go more and more toward soloism and less and less to community and RP... and that breaks my heart. I don't care to play UO solo. If I wanted to play something solo I'd play Diablo or my new crush Skyrim... I've recently been corrupted into playing Shards... and honestly once I got over the silly cartoonish look (Still expect to see Foghorn Leghorn or Garfield or something)... I am rather enjoying it. Even with the "open PvP"... which of course I haven't yet been PK'd so maybe that has something to do with it... Not to say folk haven't tried to kill me yet. But eh... GM'd running ages ago in UO. Anyway rather enjoying it and it's nice to see some old friends there. But it's still young yet and fresh so we'll see.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha Everything you said above sounds like me also with my 14 accounts and 25+ houses scattered all over. The largest house I have is a couple towers and then a crap load of the small houses that are all at max capacity.

I will keep my accounts running until the day they pull the plug. Most all of my accounts were from people that have quit or passed on. I have made museums to honor them and their characters and all items have stayed on their servers and will until the end.