• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Lor me, please...

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Dear @Mesanna , @Kyronix ,

I'm busy decorating a house these days and it just hit me (again), how annoying it is to place light sources, when we only have darkness for 4 hours (20 minutes) per UO night.

The character I use is an elf so the periods of darkness are even shorter, although they shouldn't occur at all. :tongue:

Could we get longer nights or, even better, the ability to turn the daylight off, please.

A toggle in Options would be great, but a Potion of Darkness would work too. :smile2:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear @Mesanna , @Kyronix ,

I'm busy decorating a house these days and it just hit me (again), how annoying it is to place light sources, when we only have darkness for 4 hours (20 minutes) per UO night.

The character I use is an elf so the periods of darkness are even shorter, although they shouldn't occur at all. :tongue:

Could we get longer nights or, even better, the ability to turn the daylight off, please.

A toggle in Options would be great, but a Potion of Darkness would work too. :smile2:
Are "darker nights" still an option? I know you used to be able to make night darker. I know this isn't really related to what you are saying, just a tangent.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
OT, but it fits the title. There's a blue running around in Luna on Atlantic asking people to nightsight him. If you do, he calls guards, you get guardwacked, then tries to loot you. No idea what bug he's exploiting, but be careful.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OT, but it fits the title. There's a blue running around in Luna on Atlantic asking people to nightsight him. If you do, he calls guards, you get guardwacked, then tries to loot you. No idea what bug he's exploiting, but be careful.
Isn't that what some people were warning others about helping VvV players and getting guard whacked for it.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No idea; my char wasn't a VvV char, and the other guy was blue to me. We were both at Luna 2nd floor on Atlantic.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VvV does not exist in any facet but Fel.
:facepalm:Then tell me how we see people with VvV gear on in Luna just like the old Faction Gear. VvV exists everywhere you just can't fight anywhere but FEL or you couldn't leave FEL with VvV gear equipped.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:Then tell me how we see people with VvV gear on in Luna just like the old Faction Gear. VvV exists everywhere you just can't fight anywhere but FEL or you couldn't leave FEL with VvV gear equipped.
By that logic Stygian Abyss is everywhere, cause you can use those arties. Fel champ spawns are everywhere cause you can use the powerscrolls. Dragon turtle is everywhere cause you can hunt with a turtle. Shadowguard is everwhere cause you can use those items. Get real.

VvV is a Fel based pvp system. It exists ONLY in Fel, regardless of where you can take the items.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By that logic Stygian Abyss is everywhere, cause you can use those arties. Fel champ spawns are everywhere cause you can use the powerscrolls. Dragon turtle is everywhere cause you can hunt with a turtle. Shadowguard is everwhere cause you can use those items. Get real.

VvV is a Fel based pvp system. It exists ONLY in Fel, regardless of where you can take the items.
Can you say with 100% certainty that there are no bugs related to the VvV system that affect other facets? I mean desolation is only supposed to be confined to Felucca, just like VvV but when my characters leave Fel, they get that bug where suddenly the land goes desolate.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you say with 100% certainty that there are no bugs related to the VvV system that affect other facets? I mean desolation is only supposed to be confined to Felucca, just like VvV but when my characters leave Fel, they get that bug where suddenly the land goes desolate.
None that I have ever seen or heard of. This is not related to VvV.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

No please! I have been asking for years to get rid of darkness or have a option for night site always on! Heck I'd even pay for that as an option from the store x 14 accounts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always thought it would make a nice spell to cast on someone.