• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This morning's patch has messed up the game window

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look more like it just hasn't loaded anything at that distance yet (or isn't displaying it).

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's not like that for me..checked on Baja on a char I had never changed the window size on and I checked Origin...

Default size before re-sizing on Baja
Before.jpg

After Re-sizing
After.jpg

and on Origin Larisa had already re-sized and it's fine...maybe a glitch or setting on your end?

Fine.jpg

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... and on Origin Larisa had already re-sized and it's fine...maybe a glitch or setting on your end?
It was working beautifully until after the last patch. Only setting I've changed was a few days back was going Canopy on, Desolation off to make Siege fel look better.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak

Done a couple of game reinstalls, the problem returns when I put the old user info file from the old legacy folder on the desktop into the new EA folder in Documents. Something post patch is apparently not happy with something in that file folder. I'll do another reinstall and just redo macros, screen setups, and all and see what happens. Should redo things anyway considering how my playstyle has changed over the years. :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak

With a fresh install, both characters having logged in, both character UO.cfg & Client UO.cfg set to Canopy on, Desolation off, the game window is good until I ride to the 1st floor west wall of my sandstone house or outside the house towards the water. Doing either creates the bad NW corner problem in a smaller fashion, riding east it goes away. The house is on Siege at the location below my sig. Other than the UO.cfg changes, the installation is virgin.

If you can access my characters feel free to use them trying the movements if one of yours won't cause the bad corner. I've no problem with it and would really like to see the problem go away.

I'll stay out of the game until 6pm eastern. Do thy thing oh mighty Dev. :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak
Mine is ok till I recall and then I get the Black and White corners as shown in post #3 but It is just an inconvenience. I can still see my entire Castle so it will not effect my game play.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not like that for me..checked on Baja on a char I had never changed the window size on and I checked Origin...

Default size before re-sizing on Baja
View attachment 60890

After Re-sizing
View attachment 60889

and on Origin Larisa had already re-sized and it's fine...maybe a glitch or setting on your end?

View attachment 60891
Look in your upper right corner or your Castle display and set you set your screen to %100 so you can see your entire Castle.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Recalled, switched sizes, switched clients...still fine.

stillfine.jpg

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm seeing a similar problem, specific to houses. Completely wiped all settings files, started from scratch:

note the lower corners:

and the lower left, lower right, and upper right corners here:

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm having the same issue. Large black/grey vignetting in the CC on 1154x862. Happens regardless of where I am in game or if I have been there recently. Also the way houses come into view one "line" at a time is really distracting.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't there used to be some setting for update range or something like that? Is that where this problem lies?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Didn't there used to be some setting for update range or something like that? Is that where this problem lies?
It's still there as a macro option. I tried using the option that's supposed to set it to the maximum, but no effect.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
well now this is interesting...no it's not an IDOC....my house has no walls!

They loaded when I walked into it but the graphics glitches seem to get worse the longer I play...

noidoc.jpg

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem started for me with the patch where it defaulted you back to 800*600 even when picking 1280*720. So the patch on the 24th I believe. I had hoped that the patch I got yesterday had fixed it. I still rubberband like mad on cubic stone tiles wven tho te patch noted said its fixed.

Black corners. The door to grizzle champ is hard to open now.

Recalled to my ship ...

My shack. All screenshots are taked on a game play window size f 1280*720.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI. I put my old macro files back into the Documents/EA legacy folder with no effect on the screen.

Can't seem to work up the enthusiasm to go through typing in a whole new set. :embarrassed:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen this issue in the classic client for a decade or so. Most people may not have payed attention to it because the gray or black areas were just beyond the max resolution. On a day with bad lag (server or client end), you would see these areas in the corners / side of the screen that you were running toward - running not walking. Today, I played with the new game window resolutions for the first time. I experienced all the problems posted above - especially on the ocean.There were some screens that I recalled into in which everything was fully rendered. But most had the gray & black areas. The original issue is probably an issue with the server & client not being in sync due to lag or simply under powered servers. The new issue could be a rendering issue between the client and the server (my best guess).

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen this issue in the classic client for a decade or so.
Sad thing is that the first patch that installed the new screen sizes worked beautifully, the patch a couple days later installed the current flaws in the game screen. They need to return to that working patch and then fix that following patch before re-releasing it.