• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 96 Comes to TC1

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mind being a bit more specific? We are more than willing to bump the arties (within reason) but need some actionable feedback. Great write-up, thanks!
Can you make Spirit of the Totem stronger? Maybe add some LMC to it.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
for example the ornament of the magician:

fc 2
fcr 3
lmc 10
lrc 20
energy resist 15

it could use an upgrade by adding 15 dci to it. You could even drop the 15 energy resist in exchange for that...
The 15 energy resist is useless these days

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you make Spirit of the Totem stronger? Maybe add some LMC to it.
We can look at the other legacy doom artifacts for a future update, we are focusing on the current batch of updates for this publish though.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mind being a bit more specific? We are more than willing to bump the arties (within reason) but need some actionable feedback. Great write-up, thanks!
One thing I would like to see is a means of buffing all the Doom (drops and stealable equipment) and Treasures of Tokuno majors, and the regular, ToT, and Mondain's Legacy minors. The fishing/T-Hunting specific items as well.And, don't forget the 10th anniversary virtue dungeon drops.

There are even minors out there I would rather have boosted versions of, compared to their major counterparts (the various ToT armor pieces, for example. The minor gloves are more caster oriented, the minor do melee oriented, while their major counterpoints are the opposite - and the arms only come as a minor). There are thousands of minors just sitting out there, and they're even less useful now than ever. Some of them (the deco gold bars, for example) could be used as additional ingredients, along with the currently unused SA ingredient-style drops. You could have the Eclipse and Equinox robes be used to make an alternative to the luck robes from the old Halloween event, the Arctic Death Dealer convert to something more useful than the paperweight/booby prize it's always been since release, the cavorting club be more than part of a RP costume, etc.

Even some of the boss loot items could use some love (Night Eyes, for example), as do the various suits of armor.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As for what changes to make, get two groups of people to make suggestions.

1 that's diehard PvP
1 that's equally diehard PvM

Keep their discussions completely separate, and have them suggest changes for EVERY item down the various minor and major artifact lists.

Once each set of ideas is finalized, go through and choose between the two options. You don't have to make it 50/50, but I wouldn't go more than 60/40 either way.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You think Orni needs to upgraded? It's one of the few artis that kept it's value all this time. It'd be at the bottom of my list.
I love the Orny myself (still use the only one I ever had drop for me, and that was 12 years ago), but I can see why some people would want improvements on it.

What I would suggest

1. Make the resist bonus a permanent choice between the 5, the way the skills were on the Ring of the Kotl, instead of automatically Energy.
  2. Add a choice of either 100 Luck or 15% DCI (which effectively would be a PvM vs. PvP choice) to it. Possibly, make this two different recipes.
Neither would be all that game-breaking alone or together, but would still improve the item, and require effort be put into the improvement.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy Knight's Breastplate:
HPi 10
Stamina 8
Mana 8
LMC 8
Phys Reflect 15%
Phys 35
Fire 8
Cold7
Poison 8
Electricity 7

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
for example the ornament of the magician:

fc 2
fcr 3
lmc 10
lrc 20
energy resist 15

it could use an upgrade by adding 15 dci to it. You could even drop the 15 energy resist in exchange for that...
Rather have SDI... IMO.
But I do like DCI

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off you nee make the new arties just drop and get rid of the entire recipe concept. Second without a decent loot bump on all of the monsters of doom it will not encourage anyone to go in there again on a regular basis.

One of new arties that needs to be changed is that ring. 150 luck is ok and all cept the fact the bleue and rouge set exists that give you 400 luck together. Noone needs resists on their jewelry in todays loot systems. Add either dexxer skills like hci, dci, ssi, di or add spell-play skills like fc, fcr, sdi, lmc, lrc. or a combonations of those.

Also while were talking about loot upgrades, it needs to be done across all useless game content, like ml bosses, champ spawn bosses, and other game content that sits dead now cause the roof drops the best loot.

First off you nee make the new arties just drop and get rid of the entire recipe concept. Second without a decent loot bump on all of the monsters of doom it will not encourage anyone to go in there again on a regular basis.

One of new arties that needs to be changed is that ring. 150 luck is ok and all cept the fact the bleue and rouge set exists that give you 400 luck together. Noone needs resists on their jewelry in todays loot systems. Add either dexxer skills like hci, dci, ssi, di or add spell-play skills like fc, fcr, sdi, lmc, lrc. or a combonations of those.

Also while were talking about loot upgrades, it needs to be done across all useless game content, like ml bosses, champ spawn bosses, and other game content that sits dead now cause the roof drops the best loot.
Ya, ideally we'd have several options of dungeons to clear with bosses at the end who drop sellable loot, not just the Roof. I'm recently returned to the game so SG is still interesting to me as we work out our strats and try to get our clear time down but I dunno how long that'll last. The Doom revamp needs to be awesome to keep us playing, but it can't stop there either.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Uhhhhh... EVERYONE I HAVE EVER KNOWN THAT MAKES SPELLBOOKS, over 14 years of playing?

The DF is the only reliable and easily killable supply of looted Level 8 scrolls (the Mage 8 + Vampiric Embrace), and the mana cost is so crappy scribing the damn things (you can get 3-4 scribed before having to stop and meditate, sometimes 5 if you fail a lot), that most people would rather just do Doom and loot the scrolls. I've gone to the Gauntlet before with people whose ONLY reason for going was to collect a few hundred level 8 scrolls, and if they got a drop, that was an unexpected bonus in their eyes.

I only fill level 8 scribe BODs from DF loot. They are too much of a mana and reg drain to scribe, unless one is desperate.
lol, no.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for your confirmation of your ignorance of how things work outside your tiny little circle.

The rest of us will still fill 8th level spell BODs and the last page of spellbooks from scrolls looted from the DF, like we have since the launch of AoS.

Amazing how most IDOCs I've ever attended had containers of ONLY 8th level spell scrolls (no other scrolls except Recall, and may Gate), usually right next to the chests of stuff they brought back from Doom, like demon bone, stealables and arti drops.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Sure. If an item has no clear purpose for PvM or PvP it has little to no value (other than collectors who have a set of everything and clean up points).

Britches of Warding
No LMC = no PvM.
No Regens = no PvP.
Get rid of the eater property and give it 8 LMC. It's still low end but at least you could work something around it.

Gloves of Feudal Grip
Remove the eater property, luck and DCI.
Add 8 LMC, 3 HPR, 3 MR.
Bump the resists to 17 minimum.

The Deceiver
No leeches = no PvM
No SSI, and Hit Area = no PvP.
HCI/DCI on something that can be Disarmed = no one building around those mods = completely pointless.
It's the show piece for whatever the f 'Sparks' is. So for a start that needs to be 50% or higher.
For it to be used in PvP it pretty much needs to be a Hatchet.
Change HCI/DCI for HLA/HLD.

Scholar's Halo
Remove the 8 Int and 15 Mana.
Increase the SDI to 20.
Increase the resists to all 15's MINIMUM.

Cuffs Of The Arch Mage
Change 15 Resist Spells to 15 Magery.
Remove 5 Mana Increase.
Add 4 MR.
Change the resists to 10/20/20/20/20. (Doesn't make any sense for a 'something of the Arch Mage' to be strong in physical.)

Glenda
Remove Str and Hit Mana Drain.
Add 1 FC.
Add 5 HPR.
This is a PvP weapon for Ninjas Dismount/Shadow Strike.
Stats on weapons are pointless.

Ring Of Primordial Consumption
Serves no purpose whatsoever. Doesn't go in a Luck suit as it's not enough Luck. Eaters are a 'last mod to bother with for PvP suits' and the resists are pretty much covered on armour.
Pretty much back to the drawing board on this one. Which may not be such a bad thing, I think it's high time we got a 2 FC ring, how about just that... 2 FC Imbuable, the name can apply to the consumption of ingredients used to make it useful. It can then be geared for dexxer or caster based templates.

Bow Of The Infinite Swarm
I think Swarm is a stupid property idea to begin with, but I doubt that's going to change, so as with all the above weapons...
It's for PvP.
Remove the 15 Archery.
Reove the Stamina Leech.
Remove the Stamina Increase.
Remove the Stamina Regen.
Give it 50 Hit Swarm.
But also 10 Hit Magic Arrow.
Give it 35 HLD.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your confirmation of your ignorance of how things work outside your tiny little circle.

The rest of us will still fill 8th level spell BODs and the last page of spellbooks from scrolls looted from the DF, like we have since the launch of AoS.

Amazing how most IDOCs I've ever attended had containers of ONLY 8th level spell scrolls (no other scrolls except Recall, and may Gate), usually right next to the chests of stuff they brought back from Doom, like demon bone, stealables and arti drops.
You clearly haven't been filling any Scribe BODS since the launch of AOS because they didn't exist then.

If you can't fill a book on your Scribe faster than doing Doom then there is something wrong with your Scribe.

If you think the tiny tiny little market of filling spellbooks to sell on vendors, or the one time necessary for a character, is a valid reason for filling boss level content with junk items that affects everyone, then it's pretty much you that is being ignorant and living in a tiny circle.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
In future bear in mind the following.

For PvM, weapon selection is based on highest base damage you can swing at the cap, combined with useful specials - useful being: Armour Ignore, Double Strike. For properties Hit Spell effects are undesirable because they cause counter attacks. They pretty much always need HML, other useful properties are other leeches, HLD, DI, SSI, Slayers, anything else you put on there is going to be fairly trivial as people swap weapons and aren't going to build a character/suit around a weapon they're only going to have equipped x amount of the time.

For PvP, weapon selection is based pretty much entirely on useful special moves - useful being: Disarm, Double Strike, Armour Ignore, Nerve Strike, Mortal, Bleed, Moving Shot, Double Shot, Riding Swipe, Dismount, Infecting Strike. For properties, again stat increases and regens are mostly pointless. DPS is less of a factor. The biggest factors are damage stacking, Hit Spells, Splintering, Fireball, Lightning, Harm, HLD, HLA.

Weapons you can't swing at the cap, or that suit templates like Stealthers, can be more niche and over the top.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Magic Arrow (fire damage) would cancel the Swarm effect. Maybe a different Hit Spell effect would make more sense...
No, that's the intended trade off, otheriwse you have to damage yourself or Disarm yourself, both of which are pretty unfair in a PvP setting. You can put the Swarm on someone but then have to change to a different weapon, gives them a fair chance to do something.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of hit effects... How about fixing Halawa's Hunting Bow so that Velocity doesn't negate Eodon Slayer? Its been over a year...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

After downloading today's patch, I can no longer select the 1152x864 or 1280x720 game size window. It just defaults back to the 1024x768 size.

I have tried restarting the client with no success. Previous characters who changed to 1152x864 have kept that size.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sure. If an item has no clear purpose for PvM or PvP it has little to no value (other than collectors who have a set of everything and clean up points).

Britches of Warding
No LMC = no PvM.
No Regens = no PvP.
Get rid of the eater property and give it 8 LMC. It's still low end but at least you could work something around it.

Gloves of Feudal Grip
Remove the eater property, luck and DCI.
Add 8 LMC, 3 HPR, 3 MR.
Bump the resists to 17 minimum.

The Deceiver
No leeches = no PvM
No SSI, and Hit Area = no PvP.
HCI/DCI on something that can be Disarmed = no one building around those mods = completely pointless.
It's the show piece for whatever the f 'Sparks' is. So for a start that needs to be 50% or higher.
For it to be used in PvP it pretty much needs to be a Hatchet.
Change HCI/DCI for HLA/HLD.

Scholar's Halo
Increase the SDI to 20.

Cuffs Of The Arch Mage
Remove 5 Mana Increase.
Add 4 MR.
Change the resists to 10/20/20/20/20. (Doesn't make any sense for a 'something of the Arch Mage' to be strong in physical.)

Glenda
Remove Str and Hit Mana Drain.
Add 1 FC.
Add 5 HPR.
This is a PvP weapon for Ninjas Dismount/Shadow Strike.
Stats on weapons are pointless.

Serves no purpose whatsoever. Doesn't go in a Luck suit as it's not enough Luck. Eaters are a 'last mod to bother with for PvP suits' and the resists are pretty much covered on armour.
Pretty much back to the drawing board on this one. Which may not be such a bad thing, I think it's high time we got a 2 FC ring, how about just that... 2 FC Imbuable, the name can apply to the consumption of ingredients used to make it useful. It can then be geared for dexxer or caster based templates.

I think Swarm is a stupid property idea to begin with, but I doubt that's going to change, so as with all the above weapons...
It's for PvP.
Remove the 15 Archery.
Reove the Stamina Leech.
Remove the Stamina Increase.
Remove the Stamina Regen.
Give it 50 Hit Swarm.
But also 10 Hit Magic Arrow.
Give it 35 HLD.
Probably some good thoughts... but for that bow... Without Mana Leech it's still crap.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

After downloading today's patch, I can no longer select the 1152x864 or 1280x720 game size window. It just defaults back to the 1024x768 size.

I have tried restarting the client with no success. Previous characters who changed to 1152x864 have kept that size.
Passed it along to Bleak, who is looking into it.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some of my suggestions to help create excitement into going to doom to acquire the ingredients to make these new artifacts.

1) Make it very difficult to acquire, which makes the game more challenging. Both the quantity available and the spawns, which will create the need to at least pair up with another player.

2) Make it worthwhile to invest the time needed to try and obtain these new items.

3) Let the rewards be a large variety of possibilities so its not same bow every time, to me that's gets pretty boring. Look at the cameo's as a small example.

4) For example the bows could have 5 different types that could exist, of which 5 different intensity levels. Meaning some would be of lower quality then today's
legendary artifacts, some on par with legendary, and a small number would fall under the category of truly godly (thiers the incentive).

5) Now to expand on those artifacts how about new characteristics that can only be found on these said items. Let the players have some opinions along with the devs to help determine the best options. Perhaps something for armour called (armour of wind which reduces the chances of being hit by objects which are thrown at players from other players or mobs. There could be a new variety of items created of which players would have to test for their best uses through trial and error. Create some new content for a game that is in need of new excitement,

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We can look at the other legacy doom artifacts for a future update, we are focusing on the current batch of updates for this publish though.
Know i've mentioned it a couple times, but refer to my other thread; Make Doom Great Again

I really think it gives people what they are looking for when it comes to items now and makes them competitive with other sources of loot. Doom is fun as hell and i'd gladly go again but the loot needs to compete with Roof and Exodus loot. These item properties keeps these items relevant.

Glad to see you added these items as drops instead of crafting. I may give Doom a whirl.

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kronos can you tell me why my poison bow is going to hit for physical damage now? Other then the fact that a bunch of mages are being cry babies? It's cool that a mage combo hits for 60hp but god forbid I moving shot for 31....with this new patch you probably would of saved time if you just deleted the archery skill all together.

Time to log out for another year!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Scholar's Halo
Increase the SDI to 20.
I'm all for higher SDI, but keep one of the two, int or mana (the two together is a little redundant on the same item). Personally, I'd add FC 1 to it, which would make it the only head piece with FC.

Cuffs Of The Arch Mage
Remove 5 Mana Increase.
Add 4 MR.
The resist change makes sense.
MR instead of mana increase is also always good.
Either skill doesn't make much difference, BUT Resist seems better to me. It seems odd that "the arch mage" would need a magery boost. Plus, if I recall correctly, mastery is based on real skill, not skills from your suit. So if it's resist, that's 15 points you'd be saving on a non-mastery skill, while moving that to magery could well lead to templates with either 'real' magery down under 100, or wasted +magery points.

This *could* be a nice piece in a luck PvM suit. Bump luck to 200 so it's slightly over the cap, and make it a "Bracelet Of Primordial Consumption", and all of a sudden it's REALLY tempting. As it is, though, it's 100 luck lower than Compassion's Eye, and won't really fit anywhere on most suits.
Much as I'd like to see a 2FC ring, this name doesn't scream "mage ring!" to me; that seems something better left for a different item.

I kind of like the swarm and sparks concepts, but swarm feels like a SW thing, and sparks like a Mage thing. I'd rather see those on some mage-friendly armor pieces - the Halo and the Cuffs for example - and give the % chance to trigger them when you have a spell cast on you. Evil archmage casts on me, the halo's sparks % kicks in, and now that archmage is getting hit by the energy sparks. Both just feel way more like MageVMage protective properties than anything that belongs on a dexer/archer's weapon.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You think Orni needs to upgraded? It's one of the few artis that kept it's value all this time. It'd be at the bottom of my list.
yes I do because I play on Siege where you can only bless one item and that item absolutely needs dci on it or else you can't get to 45 dci for pvp.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This *could* be a nice piece in a luck PvM suit. Bump luck to 200 so it's slightly over the cap, and make it a "Bracelet Of Primordial Consumption", and all of a sudden it's REALLY tempting. As it is, though, it's 100 luck lower than Compassion's Eye, and won't really fit anywhere on most suits.
Much as I'd like to see a 2FC ring, this name doesn't scream "mage ring!" to me; that seems something better left for a different item.

I kind of like the swarm and sparks concepts, but swarm feels like a SW thing, and sparks like a Mage thing. I'd rather see those on some mage-friendly armor pieces - the Halo and the Cuffs for example - and give the % chance to trigger them when you have a spell cast on you. Evil archmage casts on me, the halo's sparks % kicks in, and now that archmage is getting hit by the energy sparks. Both just feel way more like MageVMage protective properties than anything that belongs on a dexer/archer's weapon.[/QUOTE]

The swarm is fine... it needs ML...

As for the luck item... No it wouldn't work for Pv anything.... First off it it's for a Dexer then it needs HCI, DCI, DI and some MR or something... But certainly needs at LEAST 15HCI... SSI would make it good too... but for a mage without having at least 1/2 it's crap... besides most "mage" types if they are looking for luck wear the the Blue Jewels... what would they wear this for??? Unless it had stuff to boost magery like 1/3 with SDI and MR and such... otherwise it's just garbage... I don't need resists on my Jewels... I need stuff that I can't get on my armor... Having a bunch of resists on a piece of Jewelry is just a waste of properties IMO.

And while you all are redoing things @Kyronix could you please look into this for me..... WTF good is it to have "Mage Weapon" property on items when they aren't Spell Channeling???? IMO Spell Channeling ought to be Mandatory for anything that gets the Mage Weapon property. What's the point of carrying some weapon in your hand if the min you go to do what you do... Cast a Spell the thing is in your pack???

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
As for the luck item... No it wouldn't work for Pv anything.... First off it it's for a Dexer then it needs HCI, DCI, DI and some MR or something... But certainly needs at LEAST 15HCI... SSI would make it good too... but for a mage without having at least 1/2 it's crap... besides most "mage" types if they are looking for luck wear the the Blue Jewels... what would they wear this for??? Unless it had stuff to boost magery like 1/3 with SDI and MR and such... otherwise it's just garbage... I don't need resists on my Jewels... I need stuff that I can't get on my armor... Having a bunch of resists on a piece of Jewelry is just a waste of properties IMO.

And while you all are redoing things @Kyronix could you please look into this for me..... WTF good is it to have "Mage Weapon" property on items when they aren't Spell Channeling???? IMO Spell Channeling ought to be Mandatory for anything that gets the Mage Weapon property. What's the point of carrying some weapon in your hand if the min you go to do what you do... Cast a Spell the thing is in your pack???
On the latter point, I'd say the same thing about shields with FC and no SC; those don't make a lot of sense for the same reasons.

For the ring (or bracelet), I agree that the resists aren't really needed, but look at what the item is supposed to be. The resists seem to me a secondary. It's supposed to be the upgrade for a Ring of the Elements, right? It's a little strange in that regard, as the Elements ring has 100 luck but 16 in each resist. The Primal Consumption ring bumps that to 150 luck, 20 eater... but the resists all drop to 10. I'm viewing the Primal Consumption ring as trying to be kind of a less mage-specific version of a Lavaliere, for a luck suit, but it's really not compelling as it is now.

For mage luck suits, the only reason to use the blue jewels is because you can't get that extra 50 luck with any other combo. As a ring, this would have to be made so crazy overpowered to get beyond the crystalline ring, compassion's eye, etc. Change to a bracelet, though, and there's potential. As a 200 luck bracelet, you could have a combo with compassions eye that's a really good challenge for the blue jewels.

As you say, the resists are kind of worthless on the bracelet. They're being lowered from their "lesser" version in the Elements ring anyhow... Eater seems fit for the "consuming" theme, but for the "primal energy" theme, we could dump the resists and add SDI, FC, FCR, LRC. Now you'd have some really nice alternatives to the blue set:

Blue jewels total props:
Luck: 400​
Faster Casting: 3​
Faster Cast Recovery: 6​
Hit Point Regeneration: 2​
Mana Regeneration: 2​

My proposed: Bracelet of Primal Consumption
Random Eater 20%​
Luck 200​
Faster Casting: 1​
Faster Cast Recovery: 3​
Lower Mana Cost 5%​
Lower Reagent Cost 20%​
Mana Regeneration 1​
Spell Damage Increase 15%​

Paired with Compassion's Eye, that'd give you:
Random Eater 20%​
Intelligence Bonus 10​
Lower Mana Cost 5%​
Lower Reagent Cost 40%​
Luck 450​
Mana Increase 10​
Mana Regeneration 3​
Spell Damage Increase 35%​

Paired with the Crystalline Ring, that'd give you:
Random Eater 20%​
Focus +20​
Hit Point Regeneration 5​
Lower Mana Cost 5%​
Lower Reagent Cost 20%​
Luck 200​
Magery +20​
Mana Regeneration 4​
Spell Damage Increase 35%​

Paired with a Ring of the Soulbinder, you'd get:
Random Eater 20%​
Defense Chance Increase 15%​
Faster Casting 2​
Faster Cast Recovery: 6​
Lower Mana Cost 5%​
Lower Reagent Cost 30%​
Luck 200​
Mana Regeneration 3​
Spell Damage Increase 25%​
Paired with Demon Bridle Ring:
Random Eater 20%
Defense Chance Increase 10%
Faster Casting 2
Faster Cast Recovery 5
Fire Resist 5%
Hit Point Regeneration 1
Lower Mana Cost 9%
Lower Reagent Cost 20%
Luck 200
Mana Regeneration 2

Paired with Petrified Matriarch's Tongue:
Random Eater 20%
Faster Casting 2
Faster Cast Recovery 5
Hit Chance Increase 10%
Lower Mana Cost 9%
Lower Reagent Cost 20%
Luck 200
Mana Regeneration 3
Poison Resist 5%

Paired with Burning Amber:
Random Eater 20%
Dexterity Bonus 5
Faster Casting: 1
Faster Cast Recovery 6
Fire Resist 20%
Lower Mana Cost 5%
Lower Reagent Cost 20%
Luck 200
Mana Regeneration 3

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree @BrianFreud about the shield thing... IMO the Mage Weapon property and such on things is honestly a waste of a property if it doesn't at least mean it's spell channeling... otherwise no mage in their right minds would bother picking it up.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree @BrianFreud about the shield thing... IMO the Mage Weapon property and such on things is honestly a waste of a property if it doesn't at least mean it's spell channeling... otherwise no mage in their right minds would bother picking it up.
shields with only fc and no spellchanneling are not meant for mages, they're good for necro and chiv dexxers.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Necro still needs SC, no?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think hail storm mana cost of 50 is pretty harsh, why would anyone use it over meteor swarm or chain lightning? yes there's no delay, but it's too high a cost for that. I mean the delay can even be beneficial as you can get an evil omen in at 60 necro.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I can say that I am very satisfied with the current publish. I didn't get everything I want, which I didn't expect. But @Kyronix did listen to myself and others and put together a fairly decent compromise. Honestly the thing I am most excited about is the HF nerf.

Now if I can just get them to look at remove curse at 4/6 :D

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm all for higher SDI, but keep one of the two, int or mana (the two together is a little redundant on the same item). Personally, I'd add FC 1 to it, which would make it the only head piece with FC.
It already has FC, I only posted the changes I'd make to the existing items (which is what Kyronx asked for).

Either skill doesn't make much difference, BUT Resist seems better to me. It seems odd that "the arch mage" would need a magery boost. Plus, if I recall correctly, mastery is based on real skill, not skills from your suit. So if it's resist, that's 15 points you'd be saving on a non-mastery skill, while moving that to magery could well lead to templates with either 'real' magery down under 100, or wasted +magery points.
The Mage Masteries are pretty weak and I haven't heard of anyone using them. The purpose of changing it from Resist to Magery is because it allows you to not need it on jewellery for use with Mage Weapons. Freeing up a slot on jewels makes more options available for suit building. A lot of people aren't running Resist.

If it's less than the Bleue (or dexxer equivalent set) it won't be used for Luck, and the other mods are worthless.

I kind of like the swarm and sparks concepts, but swarm feels like a SW thing, and sparks like a Mage thing. I'd rather see those on some mage-friendly armor pieces - the Halo and the Cuffs for example - and give the % chance to trigger them when you have a spell cast on you. Evil archmage casts on me, the halo's sparks % kicks in, and now that archmage is getting hit by the energy sparks. Both just feel way more like MageVMage protective properties than anything that belongs on a dexer/archer's weapon.
I haven't really looked in to how either works in practice but I expect Swarm is the same as the Juka Mage thing of old. I don't think either property is interesting enough to build around or use at this point but they'll probably go in any way.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The Mage Masteries are pretty weak and I haven't heard of anyone using them. The purpose of changing it from Resist to Magery is because it allows you to not need it on jewellery for use with Mage Weapons. Freeing up a slot on jewels makes more options available for suit building. A lot of people aren't running Resist.
Any true "arch mage" should definitely have resist in his or her template.

If it's less than the Bleue (or dexxer equivalent set) it won't be used for Luck, and the other mods are worthless.
Agreed; hence my suggestion to change the stats and make it a bracelet. The TC ring is kind of worthless, while the bracelet I proposed I can see huge potential for, while it's still within the realm of what could drop as a legendary (other than the luck being slightly over-cap).

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Any true "arch mage" should definitely have resist in his or her template.
I disagree, but they would definitely have Magery. Resist is not really related to any class.

Also, a few people mentioned not understanding the point of FC on shields that aren't Spell Channel... There are plenty of templates that would want 1 FC and not need SC on a shield. Including Chivalry, Ninjas, Spellweavers.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can say that I am very satisfied with the current publish. I didn't get everything I want, which I didn't expect. But @Kyronix did listen to myself and others and put together a fairly decent compromise. Honestly the thing I am most excited about is the HF nerf.

Now if I can just get them to look at remove curse at 4/6 :D
Don't touch 4/6 remove curse. It's the only great way dexers have of protecting themselves and their team from nonstop curses from mages that use it as a crutch. I can only imagine the look on noob vet back again's face when he tries to curse over and over and a person removes his curse with a 4/6 chiv dexer over and over. That makes me smile. Leave it alone. It's perfect. Please make real suggestions. Not, "Please make me a pvp god by nerfing all the checks that keep me average at best." suggestions. You'd still be average if they removed it anyways. ;)