• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In-game shop advice.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I finally got the account reactivated (cannot believe the account management system still hasn't been sorted) and logged in.
Found a place to build a new house again and set too it.
Decided to look on the in-game shop (via the Help menu? really??? you couldn't add another tag?)
Now the shop opened but it shows nothing in it.....so from what I can gather you have to "buy" sovereigns and apply them before you can see what's actually for sale? again...really??
What if I decide there is nothing I want to buy from the shop, is there an option to get my money back?

Anyway...I log in to Origin and buy 2k of sovereigns.
Purchase complete and now just wait for the email with the code.....
.....so I get an email saying the purchase is done and they have taken payment......BUT I now have to wait 24-48 hours to get the code?!?!?!

Really??? :facepalm:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not exactly sure what you are carrying on about? I have zero issues seeing what's for sale in the in-game store and I have zero sovereigns available.

zero.PNG

Nigel Of Minoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just bought some sovereigns and received the code instantly and was able to apply them and use the in game store all within 5 minutes of the start of the purchase process.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to be in your house or in an inn to see whats in the store. 0 sovereigns is not the issue.

Theres a thread about the delays. Unverified cards use a delay.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's basically what I was asking? The items are showing up in the shop now, do they take the shop offline to update it or something?
CC is a Barclaycard and the same "verified" one that Origin has had on file for over 8 months.
Still not received my code ......

Lol, and WTF is "I've recently been in combat so I cannot access the shop" about? I've been in bed asleep for the last 7 hours and UO wasn't even running......

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be sure the e mail is not in your spam folder check the trash folder EA emails have been known to slide in them

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if I decide there is nothing I want to buy from the shop, is there an option to get my money back?
No there's not. In fact Mesanna can, at any time, remove items from the store, like every Heritage Token item !!, leaving you with a running balance you paid CASH FOR, with nothing in the store that interests you.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I finally got the code and applied it but there ain't nothing in the shop that interests me.
The Rock hammer might but its only 500 uses so way not worth it.

Guess we don't earn interest for it just sitting in my game wallet either ;)