• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE LOOK of the HAWKWIND robe - can we modify it with tailoring please?

HAWKWIND robe - possibility to turn it into a classic robe with tailoring ?

• yes, please

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • No thank you

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the 99.9% of the pvp community doesn't want to use the HAWKWIND robe even if it has AMAZING stats to close a suit...but at the end many of us use it because we need to fix the pvp suit with it!!!

It looks not so sexy for many of us, could we be able to make it look like a classic robe with tailoring?

Please?

@Bleak

EVERYONE Will be so happy!!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it interesting that the players asked and asked for variants on robes until we finally got a few alternatives with the blackthorn arties... then they go and add a very desirable robe in ONLY one style that completely hides your suit and head, on top of which doesn't dye the correct shade of most colors (they all come out whiter than they should). Furthermore, they left one race COMPLETELY out of being able to wear it at all!

It's like they don't even learn from things they have had to change in the past.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it interesting that the players asked and asked for variants on robes until we finally got a few alternatives with the blackthorn arties... then they go and add a very desirable robe in ONLY one style that completely hides your suit and head, on top of which doesn't dye the correct shade of most colors (they all come out whiter than they should). Furthermore, they left one race COMPLETELY out of being able to wear it at all!

It's like they don't even learn from things they have had to change in the past.
Yes the idea to have it as NORMAL robe is also for gargoyles to wear it ;)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont PVP but I agree - I would alter them to epaulettes

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it makes people look fat. But that's me. I'd MUCH rather have epaulets.

Personally I think everything in game ought to be able to be "altered" to be whatever you want it to look like so long as it takes the same slot. Does it really matter what something looks like? Long time ago when the idea of altering first came out I suggested that we be able to alter anything from one thing to another so long as it retains all properties and it stays in the same slot. So you couldn't take leggings and make them a belt and gain more armor and such but you could take leggings and make them look like pants or short pants or whatever you like but plate leggings would still retain the unable to med property... whether they looked like plate leggings or not.

Or you could take a mask or helm and make it a feathered hat or circlet or even a flower garland if you wanted...

But instead of going with that the DEVs gave us that silly Blackthorns turn in crap.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the 99.9% of the pvp community doesn't want to use the HAWKWIND robe even if it has AMAZING stats to close a suit...but at the end many of us use it because we need to fix the pvp suit with it!!!
It looks not so sexy for many of us
So in order to accordingly PvP, you need to look sexy?
Umm, ooooo-kay.....

On a second thought, that's most probably also the reason for all the pvp smack talk in gen chat, because there's always that one guy which shows up at yew gate but isn't sexy enough....

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So in order to accordingly PvP, you need to look sexy?
Umm, ooooo-kay.....

On a second thought, that's most probably also the reason for all the pvp smack talk in gen chat, because there's always that one guy which shows up at yew gate but isn't sexy enough....
Hey, when you make your character look incredibly stupid, people underestimate you and everyone's ridiculously easy to kill when that happens =D -IoMega.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I Support the idea that you can alter it to other Styles.

I would allow this with all Robe cloak sash apron slot pieces so that each Person is not Limited in Terms of How to Style him/Herself

The Same I would apply to more stuff.

Necklace to ankh Pendant Style

Also I would allow to alter some garg pieces to human.

I would also suggest to allow US to Swap the blackthorn pieces for one which habe the Same Cost. Maybe with bribing the trade guy with 3 extra minors.

And please fix that u only can alter pieces facing in a certain Direction

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it does a wonderful job of covering up sub par gear, and provides a distraction from said gear to boot! I give the Hawkwind robe 9/10 stars.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I'd like to see is the bottom of Hawkwinds Robe used as a model for a fancy wedding dress.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I see an altering tool in the UO Store.. coming soon

Doubt it but I'd prefer if they lost something like item id or taste ID and added a skill called Alteration or something.

dennissung2004

Sage
Stratics Veteran
at start, it look really not good, but later i have tried some dye
you will like it, i feel its look better than robe now, below is one of my look

upload_2017-1-28_21-56-41.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still makes your character look fat... just saying.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a couple of years ago, i made a suggestion that we could get a "Wearables Ring"

So you have a Ring that acts like a container and when you click the ring it opens up a copy of your paperdoll, you can either equip items in the ring paperdoll slot or on your real paperdoll, so you can still only equip 1 item per slot, but the items that are in the ring paperdoll do not show on your actual character. Or if you equip the ring, you fill the slots in the ring but then anything you put on your real paperdoll gives no + properties

That would bring so much style back to UO. We could go back to wearing clothes and making characters look pretty much how you want.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

So you have a Ring that acts like a container and when you click the ring it opens up a copy of your paperdoll, you can either equip items in the ring paperdoll slot or on your real paperdoll, so you can still only equip 1 item per slot, but the items that are in the ring paperdoll do not show on your actual character. Or if you equip the ring, you fill the slots in the ring but then anything you put on your real paperdoll gives no + properties

That would bring so much style back to UO. We could go back to wearing clothes and making characters look pretty much how you want.

Many games offer what they call "Vanity" slots... where you can put things like clothes and such to wear for looks but they don't offer any properties. I personally would LOVE this as well as a "costume" slot... to put the costumes so I can RP an Orc or whatever and look like an orc but actually have a weapon in my hand.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I'm not so sure about the Ring idea. Maybe too extreme and breaks immersion. I do support being able to change a piece of armor to a similar type. Example would be changing a studded leather cap to a bone helmet. You should not be able to change plate armor to look like leather armor.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it does a wonderful job of covering up sub par gear, and provides a distraction from said gear to boot! I give the Hawkwind robe 9/10 stars.
It's still ridiculously ugly and stupid looking. I use it on ONE suit (on a shard I barely play now) because the mods on it complement/finish the suit. If I had a choice to use, say, a regular robe with the same exact mods as Hawkwind's, I would, in 10/10 cases, use the regular robe.

There's also the whole "Gargoyles can't use it" thing going on. Which is still the case with other Shadowguard artifacts, like the Ozymandias Obi and Balakai's Shaman Staff. I made this thread in November asking for alterable Shadowguard drops: Altering Shadowguard artifacts, and I even asked the devs about it at a M&G. Their response was essentially the infamous soon™

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What? Nobody wants to look like they're wearing a unisex ball gown made from their crazy, rich aunt Petunia's blinged-out draperies?

Who'da thunk it?

It's little wonder the Time Lord is giving them away, they're F'n UGLY.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
+1 to a costumes slot, though of course there's now some "costumes" that are rings, fishing poles, etc. I'd also love to see them add back in the alternate polymorph models you used to be able to change into when casting while drunk... I'm not sure when that was lost. :(