• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Five Months, this is the List of Skills I've Finished Training on Siege.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started Siege on September 1st, 2016. This is the list of skills I've taken to GM and above in the past 5 months. I do play a lot, but this is my favorite hobby, so it's cool. Here we go:

115.0 Magery
120.0 Meditation
120.0 Animal Taming
120.0 Animal Lore
120.0 Veterinary
120.0 Musicianship
120.0 Discordance
120.0 Peacemaking
120.0 Provocation
120. Blacksmithing
120.0 Tailoring
120.0 Imbuing
100.0 Mining
100.0 Lumberjacking
100.0 Fishing
100.0 Cooking
100.0 Tinkering
100.0 Carpentry
100.0 Bow Crafting
100.0 Alchemy
100.0 Arms Lore
100.0 Hiding
110.0 Stealth

I have no idea as to how this measures up to production shards, but I think it's a nice start.

Comments, Questions, & Feedback are Welcome!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive had a tamer since Mondain came out. My taming is 100.2. On 12 characters that are usable, I have 2 non trade skills at real 120. Mace and musician. So, since '97 my list would be much smaller than yours.

It would take me 100 years or more to skill that many skills up. You win!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations, Eric! I'm guessing you're a fan of RoT. (I am too.)

Just a couple of questions out of curiosity:

How many characters/accounts did you train those skills on?
Which power scrolls were the most difficult to obtain and which ones are you still having trouble obtaining?
How much did you have to pay (in gold or other trade) for the various power scrolls and/or how many were given to you?
What was your most-frequently used method for obtaining the soulstones to hold all the "extra" skills, e.g., claim as a vet reward, buy legacy token direct from EA/Origin, buy legacy or soulstone token for cash from a third party website/seller, buy soulstone or legacy token from another player with in-game gold?
What's next on your list of skills to train?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations, Eric! I'm guessing you're a fan of RoT. (I am too.)

Just a couple of questions out of curiosity:

How many characters/accounts did you train those skills on?
Which power scrolls were the most difficult to obtain and which ones are you still having trouble obtaining?
How much did you have to pay (in gold or other trade) for the various power scrolls and/or how many were given to you?
What was your most-frequently used method for obtaining the soulstones to hold all the "extra" skills, e.g., claim as a vet reward, buy legacy token direct from EA/Origin, buy legacy or soulstone token for cash from a third party website/seller, buy soulstone or legacy token from another player with in-game gold?
What's next on your list of skills to train?
1. 2 characters on 2 accounts
2. Magery 120 is hard to find for me
3. i was given the scrolls (i have a bunch of great guild mates)
4. i bought the soul stones from the store and had a few vet rewards
5. Gonna train Evaluate Intel, and Resisting Spells next (as soon as i buy more soulstones XD )

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I started Siege on September 1st, 2016. This is the list of skills I've taken to GM and above in the past 5 months. I do play a lot, but this is my favorite hobby, so it's cool. Here we go:

115.0 Magery
120.0 Meditation
120.0 Animal Taming
120.0 Animal Lore
120.0 Veterinary
120.0 Musicianship
120.0 Discordance
120.0 Peacemaking
120.0 Provocation
120. Blacksmithing
120.0 Tailoring
120.0 Imbuing
100.0 Mining
100.0 Lumberjacking
100.0 Fishing
100.0 Cooking
100.0 Tinkering
100.0 Carpentry
100.0 Bow Crafting
100.0 Alchemy
100.0 Arms Lore
100.0 Hiding
110.0 Stealth

I have no idea as to how this measures up to production shards, but I think it's a nice start.

Comments, Questions, & Feedback are Welcome!
Wow that`s impressive especially consider that it`s on Siege, playing a lot is an understatement with what you accomplished there my friend lol. Congrats! :)

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
After playing Atlantic and Siege I prefer RoT all the way... unfortunately I don't know the nice tricks ppl claim they do on Prodo to get their 7x characters with 100.0/120.0 in a week or less(not trolling).
Maybe Im just too lazy to satyr trick all my skills...

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After playing Atlantic and Siege I prefer RoT all the way... unfortunately I don't know the nice tricks ppl claim they do on Prodo to get their 7x characters with 100.0/120.0 in a week or less(not trolling).
Maybe Im just too lazy to satyr trick all my skills...
One of the tricks is to use satyrs in despise. At low levels - you find a saytr at lvl 3-5, target so it anchor to a barrel or chest. Step away - and attack it till it discord you. At higher levels, you take the satyr down and train it to lvl 10, then do the same thing. By doing this, u can legend magery casting greater heal....takes no time (if u also got a wand of -29 mage).

Resist spells are done in new haven with spell casters...get as many u can on u, and hide inside the house west of the town.

I will prob hit siege more days than prod shard... and do my best with RoT...havent played there for 10 yrs.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One of the tricks is to use satyrs in despise. At low levels - you find a saytr at lvl 3-5, target so it anchor to a barrel or chest. Step away - and attack it till it discord you. At higher levels, you take the satyr down and train it to lvl 10, then do the same thing. By doing this, u can legend magery casting greater heal....takes no time (if u also got a wand of -29 mage).

Resist spells are done in new haven with spell casters...get as many u can on u, and hide inside the house west of the town.

I will prob hit siege more days than prod shard... and do my best with RoT...havent played there for 10 yrs.
Thanks for the explanations !

And yeah man, you should try Siege, some new ppl arrived on the previous months and there's pvp and pvm action going on, Im very happy with the shard right now, a lot better than when I started on 2016............ of course, as you already know since ure an old player, u won't see ppl hanging around in towns like in prodo but don't let it get to you.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an additional note:

I used, not 100% accurate, but very close - no more than about ~3 alacrity scrolls, and about ~5.0 pinks for the entirety of ALL the skills combined, that i trained.

:D

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time believing that... You said this was on Siege and in 5 months you got all those skills + 120 Taming with just those scrolls!? :confused:
Well I don't know if ure a Siege player trolling but I feel the need to explain!

On Siege you have RoT gain(rate over time), wich means:
  • Skills between 70.0 to 79.9 can gain 0.1 every 5 minutes (each).
  • Skills between 80.0 to 89.9 can gain 0.1 every 8 minutes (each).
  • Skills between 90.0 to 99.9 can gain 0.1 every 12 minutes (each).
  • Skills between 100.0 to 109.9 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes (each).
  • Skills between 110.0 to 120.0 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes (each).
the good thing about this is when you hit 70.0 EVERY TIME you attempt to use the skills it will gain 0.1 so it's guaranteed gain.
For example, when you hit 70.0 on Alchemy you don't need to make potions like crazy, u do one potion and it goes to 70.1, then u wait five minutes and make a second potion and you gain another 0.1 and go to 70.2!! Goes on and on =]

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I will vouch for Eric. He is a training fool. RoT rules.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't know if ure a Siege player trolling but I feel the need to explain!

the good thing about this is when you hit 70.0 EVERY TIME you attempt to use the skills it will gain 0.1 so it's guaranteed gain.
For example, when you hit 70.0 on Alchemy you don't need to make potions like crazy, u do one potion and it goes to 70.1, then u wait five minutes and make a second potion and you gain another 0.1 and go to 70.2!! Goes on and on =]
Yup and an Alac scroll goes a long long way on Siege.

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wont Play siege till VVV items come in.
Why would you want these items? One gank and they are gone and locked on someone's front porch. What are you going to do then? Farm up 2k silver naked? On Siege a GM imbued suit is fine, and all you really need until you can farm up some legendaries. VVV items would be wasted on Siege.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Why would you want these items? One gank and they are gone and locked on someone's front porch. What are you going to do then? Farm up 2k silver naked? On Siege a GM imbued suit is fine, and all you really need until you can farm up some legendaries. VVV items would be wasted on Siege.
you dont do silver anymore you towns, VVV is perfect for siege, might be the best system in UO for VVV

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The items aren't blessed or insured. Sure it would be NICE to have some of those items for easy suit making purposes, but if you carried more than one on you it would get looted and then you would have to bother with sitting on altars for items again. I guess some people would do it... To me, you just need to get used to the flow of things on Siege; once you do, you will never even miss those VVV items anyway.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, now u mentioed VvV gear, the only thing I can think of ppl farming points for that on Siege is that it would bring lots of fights to towns since u would constantly see ppl there sitting on altars and some others trying to kill this ppl and maybe it could eventually start a big fight. But I don't know, it was just a thought.

I really don't know how they would work on Siege, VvV gear is character only, right? If it's a yes, the problem is that it wouldnt worth to the looter, wich maybe is bad considering on Siege u can loot the other persons gear to use one day (like, imagine, u constantly looting gear that you won't use, this would decrease the loot experiment since without the VvV u can loot gear that u can use)

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I played siege, no one was pvping.. I felt bad pking people farming who were in crapy luck suits or camping Shadowguard. If you die lose your VVV items then you go farm towns again till you get enough points for more, nornally one vvv can buy you a item if you capture all the alters.

But that is just why I do not want to play on the server, there is no pvp and just pking, I played siege long ago with the KGB Days and even when AOS came out it was great before faction arties... However you were able to get Runic armor back then fation blessed for three weeks. Siege had great AOS pvp at one time but once they made it nearly impossible to gather gear it seemed the server died out.

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a pretty healthy population there these days. You should come check it out! We have great team PvP all the time, more so than on any server I play on other than Atlantic, of course.

PaulCH

Journeyman

I didn't realize that it's a guaranteed gain so does that mean there is only a skill check and not a difficulty check? IE magery is 99.9. 15 minutes after you hit 99.9, you can cast recall for a gain to 100 or...?

(There's your proof that I'm true newbie to Siege :))

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yes. I would not use recall though...

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I heard AoS was a very good time on Siege
I didn't realize that it's a guaranteed gain so does that mean there is only a skill check and not a difficulty check? IE magery is 99.9. 15 minutes after you hit 99.9, you can cast recall for a gain to 100 or...?

Yeah, the only thing I would point is that I use a guide to know wich spell I would cast according to the ammount of skill I have, for example, if I had 99.9 magery I would cast an earthquake and not a a fourth circle spell, but, in te other hand, I would cast a fourth circle spell if I was between 45-55. What Im trying to say is that it's a 0.1 guaranteed if you use the correct training method!

Seriously guys, I hate to raise skill on prodo, yesterday I tried Satyr trick and didnt like it... to me it's even funny when ppl complain that they won't play on Siege because of the RoT system hehe

PaulCH

Journeyman
Ok, got it so there is a difficulty check as well but you will automatically gain for the first appropriate spell cast after 15 minutes from getting 99.9

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You don't even have to successfully use the skill to get a gain while in RoT, as long as you use the skill after the appropriate amount of waiting. The only real skill gain problem you might run into on Siege is starting to train bushido if you didn't set it to 25 or higher as a starting skill or have jewelry to wear to push it to 25 or higher, since there's nothing you can do with the bushido skill when it's lower than 25.

PaulCH

Journeyman
Is the timer based on real skill or modified skill? If modified then it would make sense to train magery with a mage weapon to cast easier spells / use less mana but also to reduce the timer (same applies for other skills with Satyr trick)

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you don't even have to worry about mana because of the time you will need to wait to cast another spell :) (if u have 70.0 u would need to wait 5 minutes before casting another to gain)
About the real/modified I don't know the correct answer

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's from real skill. Also, after 70, the mage weapon trick doesn't work. Nor the satyr trick. But, you don't need to use them because the gains in ROT are consistent.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i did pretty much the same training as you Eric so i know how much work it is.
but unlike you im not a big fan of ROT.
i prefer to train unhindered by a timer.

but i also did it on 3 different characters.
i used 1 for all the trade skills - so my super mule (smith, tailor, imbue, tink, carp, bow, inscribe, cooking, fishing and such)
2nd ss my tamer who i can swap out music/disco/magery for archery/actics/chiv depending on what im doing (pvm or pvp)
3rd guy is my PvP guy for champs and mucking about - nox fencer.

i dont play on siege as much as i should, i really do enjoy my time there but i do make a point to spend time there when no one else from my guild on normal production are around.... siege is my dirty little fetish that i do when im alone, haha!

what i did with my training was i did multi skills all at once.
so instead of working magic all the way up then working EI than med i would do them ALL at the same time.
so magic, eval, resist, med, focus all at once.
taming, lore, vet, music, disco all at once and the such.
that way i was getting the most bang for my buck.
same when i was working mule skills.
i wouldnt just work tinkering - id work like 5 skills at once so id get my gain in tink, carp, bow, arms lore, and smithing and tailoring then wait 5 minutes and do it again.

i found i used a online countdown clock a LOT when working skills on siege.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i also really like my tower on siege.
reminds me of the old days in UO.
i have nothing new in my place.
its all deco circa 1999 deco.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i did pretty much the same training as you Eric so i know how much work it is.
but unlike you im not a big fan of ROT.
i prefer to train unhindered by a timer.

but i also did it on 3 different characters.
i used 1 for all the trade skills - so my super mule (smith, tailor, imbue, tink, carp, bow, inscribe, cooking, fishing and such)
2nd ss my tamer who i can swap out music/disco/magery for archery/actics/chiv depending on what im doing (pvm or pvp)
3rd guy is my PvP guy for champs and mucking about - nox fencer.

i dont play on siege as much as i should, i really do enjoy my time there but i do make a point to spend time there when no one else from my guild on normal production are around.... siege is my dirty little fetish that i do when im alone, haha!

what i did with my training was i did multi skills all at once.
so instead of working magic all the way up then working EI than med i would do them ALL at the same time.
so magic, eval, resist, med, focus all at once.
taming, lore, vet, music, disco all at once and the such.
that way i was getting the most bang for my buck.
same when i was working mule skills.
i wouldnt just work tinkering - id work like 5 skills at once so id get my gain in tink, carp, bow, arms lore, and smithing and tailoring then wait 5 minutes and do it again.

i found i used a online countdown clock a LOT when working skills on siege.
Yeah, I trained multiple skills at once too. Mining + Tinkering, Lumberjacking + Carpentry, Taming + Lore + Music + Disco, etc. And, i got a digital egg timer that i use for counting gains. :D

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I tried it I never died however playing uo without eaters HPI HPR DCI EP is lame,

I dont even mind the non insurance stuff, But I feel VVV where people cant farm silver and actively need to participate in towns would be very appealing to pvpers, since you need to stock pille 10k points. Its beating a dead horse. I will never go play siege so Meh