• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE HUGE nerf on Alchemy on TC....(bad)

INTRODUCTION of alchemy MASTERY ?

• Yes !

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • No!!!

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I don't understand is why ALCHEMY ie 100 skill points ...that has at the end TWO ( not 10 ) but only TWO good potions, pvp wise, was totally broken with this update:

- DOUBLE conflags is gone from the game....ie a great tactic of pvp when you 're getting heavily ganked , so now we cannot do it anymore ....

- SUPERNOVAs have a delay, they can still be used but you should trigger it before the enemy is redlined otherwise is useless.

-EXPLO pots were ruined already long time ago, still valid sometimes when you push a choke point.

So...Why all this hate for alchemy??? I suggested to have a PRIMARY for it but nothing (yet), which was honestly a great solution to improve this skill , pvp or pvm wise even, with the introduction of new pots even

A GREAT skill totally nerfed because 3 PLAYERS barely use pots in UO ( and ofc they complained about it) and they NEVER pvp in felucca, even by their own admission they pvped last time 6 MONTHS Ago....

My question is : should we implement a MASTERY for ALCHEMY at this point? since the ONLY two good pots to use for pvp are totally nerfed?

What about introducing 5-6 new POTS which could have various effects for pvp - pvm? My ideas:

- resurrect pot = you throw it and it works like noble sacrifice, 30 minute cooldown.

- wall of water = similar to a wall of stone, it will appear where you throw it, 3 tiles , 10 minute cooldown

- curse pot = similar effect to the curse spell, 5 minutes cooldown

- demonic pot = it makes you able to life leech in pvp vs an opponent for a limited amount of time, 1 hour cooldown

- focus pot = similar to the spell focusing sash, but for dexers, once you drink it if you stay on the target you can increase the dmg overcap to 120 % for few hits . 1 hour cooldown

The mastery of alchemy could give you these 3 options:

- PASSIVE = Extra Mana

- Active - Spell 1 = DOUBLE throw for the conflags.

- Active - Spell 2 = ROCK form ( no reference to AEKYO the rock hehe), it will make you able to have 75 in all resists for 10 seconds , not cursable , 24 hours cooldown ( maybe you're getting ganked, on foot , hopeless, you try to use this too somehow to survive , once every day...a lil chance for extra survival)

Best Friend

Slightly Crazed
The super novas can't have a delay ! It's to hard to kill someone as is. For all those players playing sims house hiding and trying to gank or gank n run? With out combo kills there's a real issue

It may seem easy to kill someone if ur the one getting killed but believe me pvp has an element of chasing n fighting through lag as is. So making super novas slower is soooooo dumb!!!

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Alchemy looks great, maybe now we can get a Scribe mastery that allows mages to cast ebs on the run..
Did you actually read the proposals ( high cooldowns too? )?

I guess not, thanks for your knowledge in pvp, I am impressed.

DOUBLE Conflags will also DRAIN mana...since it will be a SPELL...I Thought it would be logic no?

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
With every group running a necro next patch and everyone having 55 fire or poison, these issues needed to be fixed otherwise you would see necro alchys corpse omen nox strike nox strike omen nova dead.

Or Corpse and 4 people nova you for 38 damage

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I think the masteries need to be expanded upon. An Alchy and Inscription would be pretty sweet. You could make them have 4 materies each, 2 for pvp and 2 for pvm/crafting

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
With every group running a necro next patch and everyone having 55 fire or poison, these issues needed to be fixed otherwise you would see necro alchys corpse omen nox strike nox strike omen nova dead.

Or Corpse and 4 people nova you for 38 damage
mages need a mastery that drains your mana but lets you cast while running

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The whole double conflag was a bug to begin with. Fixing it was the right thing to do.

I personally would have rather seen the nova damage scaled back slightly over the delay, but considered nova as it was before OP (though only slightly so).

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What I don't understand is why ALCHEMY ie 100 skill points ...that has at the end TWO ( not 10 ) but only TWO good potions, pvp wise, was totally broken with this update:

- DOUBLE conflags is gone from the game....ie a great tactic of pvp when you 're getting heavily ganked , so now we cannot do it anymore ....

- SUPERNOVAs have a delay, they can still be used but you should trigger it before the enemy is redlined otherwise is useless.

-EXPLO pots were ruined already long time ago, still valid sometimes when you push a choke point.

So...Why all this hate for alchemy??? I suggested to have a PRIMARY for it but nothing (yet), which was honestly a great solution to improve this skill , pvp or pvm wise even, with the introduction of new pots even

A GREAT skill totally nerfed because 3 PLAYERS barely use pots in UO ( and ofc they complained about it) and they NEVER pvp in felucca, even by their own admission they pvped last time 6 MONTHS Ago....

My question is : should we implement a MASTERY for ALCHEMY at this point? since the ONLY two good pots to use for pvp are totally nerfed?

What about introducing 5-6 new POTS which could have various effects for pvp - pvm? My ideas:

- resurrect pot = you throw it and it works like noble sacrifice, 30 minute cooldown.

- wall of water = similar to a wall of stone, it will appear where you throw it, 3 tiles , 10 minute cooldown

- curse pot = similar effect to the curse spell, 5 minutes cooldown

- demonic pot = it makes you able to life leech in pvp vs an opponent for a limited amount of time, 1 hour cooldown

- focus pot = similar to the spell focusing sash, but for dexers, once you drink it if you stay on the target you can increase the dmg overcap to 120 % for few hits . 1 hour cooldown

The mastery of alchemy could give you these 3 options:

- PASSIVE = Extra Mana

- Active - Spell 1 = DOUBLE throw for the conflags.

- Active - Spell 2 = ROCK form ( no reference to AEKYO the rock hehe), it will make you able to have 75 in all resists for 10 seconds , not cursable , 24 hours cooldown ( maybe you're getting ganked, on foot , hopeless, you try to use this too somehow to survive , once every day...a lil chance for extra survival)
Wouldn't the curse pot be pretty pointless?

You nail them with it, they Apple, and you wait 5 mins to do it again?

I assume the focus potion would not exceed special caps?

The demonic potion would have to be a small percentage leech.

Mana potion you think would be an obvious addition since its present in other ultimas and games for the matter.

And no to the last idea on mastery,
We don't need to increase resist stats that much. You might as well nerf mages sdi more.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curse pot would be used for certain occasions...maybe a MAGE used his apple already and you throw this at him , so you can make more dmg in that moment.

Do you actually pvp? :D.... it's a weird comment man... honestly

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Skilled players don't need damage potions to kill people or to survive ganks. Conflags should be no different then wildfire, 1-2 damage ticks just for interruption purposes. I mean wildfire needs the skill point to cast and does less damage with a bigger area, why should someone get higher damage fire potions with a smaller area for the same 100 points. Lastly alchemy is a crafting skill not a pvp skill. All the ideas in this post are terrible.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Curse pot would be used for certain occasions...maybe a MAGE used his apple already and you throw this at him , so you can make more dmg in that moment.

Do you actually pvp? :D.... it's a weird comment man... honestly
@pepsi cola uo

Yes.

@Kiss Of Death

A weird comment that a person will just apple? Or wait 30 seconds and apple?

So your bet is on the off chance they have already appled and mine is the weird one?

I mean if we are basing this off specific scenarios then since most of the meta is parry fisters they just removed your curse, now what?

Or if they already appled, why? They already got cursed? Why wouldn't the Mage just curse them again?

Are you hoping your whole guild is chucking curse pots at people?

Are these resistable?

You've put little thought into this, feel free to fill in the gaps.

Best Friend

Slightly Crazed
Blazing for Mayer of UO lol start that vote. He knows the game better then anyone and never sleeps. If it's a bid 2 am in any time zone he is always there on stratics hot forms and in game auctions all at the same time wile pvm and pvp using his feet on a 2nd computer with a keyboard/mouse he gimped to work well for his feet. Anyways back on topic UO should have 1 player that knows the game inside and out helping us vote and talking directly to the developers.

Blazing for Mayer of UO! Lol

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What's the ultimate goal in these changes? To remove gimp temps or make this game "fair"? Old factions brought huge guild fights. When the new VvV stuff came out it revived the group fight again. Removing more options to preserve life or take life don't make the game fair... it just causes people to fight in larger groups...

When you try to fix one problem, you create more problems...

For the 5 people that complained... go play a free shard... leave this s*** alone before more people find other ways to spend their free time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those New potions = substitutes for skill-based spells, No can do.

You want to give all this to Alchemy, what would you do to give Inscription, Poisoning, Lumberjacking, and any other 100.0 hard-capped skill, a buff to be even close to comparable to Alchemy? that's what the problem with alchemy is now... lol skew it more... couldn't possibly be a bad thing!

I do agree with there being a Mastery bonus to Alchemy... but every skill should have something for a Mastery. I just don't like the potions part of the OP.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Blazing for Mayer of UO lol start that vote. He knows the game better then anyone and never sleeps. If it's a bid 2 am in any time zone he is always there on stratics hot forms and in game auctions all at the same time wile pvm and pvp using his feet on a 2nd computer with a keyboard/mouse he gimped to work well for his feet. Anyways back on topic UO should have 1 player that knows the game inside and out helping us vote and talking directly to the developers.

Blazing for Mayer of UO! Lol
Judging from this thread, I'd have to argue otherwise.

Sorry to burst your bubble champ.

Best Friend

Slightly Crazed
Judging from this thread, I'd have to argue otherwise.

Sorry to burst your bubble champ.
But think about it. He is putting it to a vote. Good bad or in the middle he has original ideas and knows every aspect of this game better then anyone ! I think having a player help optimize uo makes sence. He plays on all the shards knows all the players well and has built and tested every pvn / pvp toon. Knows all the glitches n deep dark secrets of the game. Blaze for Mayer of uo

The current potions are not OP! If they were people would only use them to kill in groups or solo. If anything it's a chance to Finnish someone like I said before if one person is lagging and the other is running that one can't kill the other. So with out combo kills all this will cause is people running away healing then coming back to try n gank. I look at it like if you enter into a pvp fight it should be more like a dual where you ant leaving until you dead or alive. The issue if anything is holy first and chiv/weaving heals not pots because someone who builds a purely defensive toon can't die to a mage or archer or any other toon. So even a weak dread can't kill a fully defensive fister. To me that's cheezy

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
But think about it. He is putting it to a vote. Good bad or in the middle he has original ideas and knows every aspect of this game better then anyone ! I think having a player help optimize uo makes sence. He plays on all the shards knows all the players well and has built and tested every pvn / pvp toon. Knows all the glitches n deep dark secrets of the game. Blaze for Mayer of uo

The current potions are not OP! If they were people would only use them to kill in groups or solo. If anything it's a chance to Finnish someone like I said before if one person is lagging and the other is running that one can't kill the other. So with out combo kills all this will cause is people running away healing then coming back to try n gank. I look at it like if you enter into a pvp fight it should be more like a dual where you ant leaving until you dead or alive. The issue if anything is holy first and chiv/weaving heals not pots because someone who builds a purely defensive toon can't die to a mage or archer or any other toon. So even a weak dread can't kill a fully defensive fister. To me that's cheezy
Sure it's good to offer ideas if he vetted them a bit more.

I didn't say they were overpowered, especially with as little detail around them it would be hard to draw that conclusion.

And yeah, the parry fister template is just dumb but looks like that's getting another tweak so we will see how that goes.

Either way, they're not all bad, just needs explain and thought out a bit more.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah.. and then you look at his history of posts here and see how he has only posted to buff his templates and nerf others.

Never forget this is the man that thought 48 damage uninterruptible holy fists were not overpowered. He will never have credibility after trying to defend that. lol.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's pretty telling that you are so adamant about a BUG being kept in the game. Please stop talking about pvp.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Conflags were introduced 7 yrs ago? Well pvpers did double conflag for that long, you cannot call it a bug since it was never fixed honestly. It became part of the playstyle , I know u never pvp so u do not know

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Conflags were introduced 7 yrs ago? Well pvpers did double conflag for that long, you cannot call it a bug since it was never fixed honestly. It became part of the playstyle , I know u never pvp so u do not know
Except I can. Because it is. But I'm not surprised you don't think bypassing a 30 second timer isn't a bug. PSA: "It became part of the playstyle" is not a valid reason for wanting to keep it in, and in fact, it hurts your argument...not that you ever have one to begin with.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I would rather see cooking get a boost, perhaps with a recipe to craft a legendary wearable colander.

On a more serious note, Alchemy is fine, it has more than enough potions to augment usage. Other skills might be more appropriate to boost IMO.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've always been a big fan of using alchemy in PvP. Every mage and thief I've had for the past decade has carried it. With that said.... its a crafting skill. A fricken 100-point crafting skill that I've been able to kill hundreds with, using no other form of damage. That's stupid. Every nerf to alchemy, over the years, has seemed fair; including these current ones. People actually complained when they capped EP, too. 105% EP with purple laser-guided smart bombs you could prime 3 at a time of. Hah. :D