• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You all criticized them for the perspectives of the new art...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and now this...

The World Tree was absolutely fine! And now it is just horrible!

NOW the perspective is wrong!

;)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I guess the tree didn't bother me cause I'm not spending 5 bucks or whatever for that :p But normally I'd try and help out with this.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We happened to have a dinner party last night and we were all given formal wear upon arrival. I was wondering what happened to the paperdoll's look of the gown. I, on the other hand, loved the way it looked.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just floored about the world tree... bought 2 of them for my castle build and now.. it's just bad bad bad. In what world, other then Salvador Dali's, do those angles make and sense?!

PLEASE change them back or at least give the option for both angles.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just floored about the world tree... bought 2 of them for my castle build and now.. it's just bad bad bad. In what world, other then Salvador Dali's, do those angles make and sense?!

PLEASE change them back or at least give the option for both angles.
:postpics:You knew it had to be coming, LMAO.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to agree that the "fix" to the world tree is just awful.

The original art aligned perfectly with the floor, as any flat object should.

Pentagrams, abattoirs, spellweaving circles and the codex have been in the wrong perspective the whole time.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Weird thing is...that's NOT wrong..the perspective..it's actually more accurate then it was....you shouldn't be able to see it FLAT if you're looking at if from an angle...

Real world example:

tileright.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay quick paint job lol but here's another example:

I think maybe it's TOO skewed now but way better then it was...

oldvsnew.jpg

no I take that back..it actually looks just about perfect now.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's about the floor tiles. Take a look at the pavers on a castle. In UO the floors are not at an angle, only the walls are. So all horizontal surfaces should be angled as if you were looking directly down on them. any Vertical angles would be offset.

Plants #1 and #2 are the correct angle. The horizontal planter rim matches the paver angle below it.

Plant #3 is has a slightly angled horizontal rim and still looks good.

Plant #4 is totally incorrect and does not match the angle of the paver the planter is sitting on.

However all the actual plants are vertical and they all match correctly.

The original angle of the world tree was correct and they could have even gone so far as to use the angle with plant 3 but they went to far and used the angle from plant 4.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay quick paint job lol but here's another example:

I think maybe it's TOO skewed now but way better then it was...

View attachment 60583

no I take that back..it actually looks just about perfect now.
Based on the initial release of the tile, it was pointed out that they didn't match the other circular objects (pentagrams, bloody pentagrams and abbatoirs to note) that have long existed within the world. There's a side by side comparison floating around someone put together that shows the difference. We took to matching the original art, since that's the most common idea of what perspective should be despite those circular tiles not aligning with the perspective of the squares underneath. Here's a nifty comparison,

Enziet

Journeyman
I actually like the look of the new art work. Seems more fitting. The old one now sitting side by side just looks odd, the angle seems wrong.

I prefer the new one over the old myself.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually like the look of the new art work. Seems more fitting. The old one now sitting side by side just looks odd, the angle seems wrong.

I agree. by itself it looks correct because this is the angle we are used to in a vertical sense. But if you look at the world tree when it placed in the world itself it looks off.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Based on the initial release of the tile, it was pointed out that they didn't match the other circular objects (pentagrams, bloody pentagrams and abbatoirs to note) that have long existed within the world. There's a side by side comparison floating around someone put together that shows the difference. We took to matching the original art, since that's the most common idea of what perspective should be despite those circular tiles not aligning with the perspective of the squares underneath. Here's a nifty comparison,

But now they don't match the perspective of the floor...at all. Flat objects without depth shouldn't look skewed at all.

I'd rather all the old flat floor objects be fixed rather than new ones forced into the wrong perspective.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Have a look at my floor and tell me this works ;-) look at the carpet! I loved my world tree so much!

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn glad I am not so particular to notice such things, still wondering if I am only one who has backpack loading issues with EC and afraid to mention it that I have to close and reopen constantly

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
To my eye, the new version looks better. I'd at least consider buying it now. The old version looked wrong from the first time I saw it on test.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To my eye, the new version looks better. I'd at least consider buying it now. The old version looked wrong from the first time I saw it on test.
exactly,... I have 2 pentagrams on my floor now I didn't want to put one of those on my floor as it would make them look conflicting.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly,... I have 2 pentagrams on my floor now I didn't want to put one of those on my floor as it would make them look conflicting.
Did you look at my picture up there? You want to tell me this looks right? Compare the carpet tiles and the tree and tell me, this is not conflicting ;)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
*pokes his head into the thread and looks around*

*backs out again, whistling innocently*

:devil:

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The evening gown art changed too. Looks awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree , I hated the old style and much prefer the newer . Really hope they do not change it back , or perhaps they could just do both styles

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I disagree , I hated the old style and much prefer the newer . Really hope they do not change it back , or perhaps they could just do both styles
I wouldn't have minded had they made a different dress with that style. But I wanted that freedom to choose.... but I should have know better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

To that end, Cant both version of the world tree also be available? You already have them setup as graphics.
It's one or the other, doing both would break with adhering to the original art of the game which we are often criticized for not keeping consistent. The departure from that perspective was made a while ago, and we've decided its best to preserve the original perspective as intended by the original artists, and that's the approach we'll take moving forward.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's one or the other, doing both would break with adhering to the original art of the game which we are often criticized for not keeping consistent. The departure from that perspective was made a while ago, and we've decided its best to preserve the original perspective as intended by the original artists, and that's the approach we'll take moving forward.
THANK YOU!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you... that means a lot.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you... that means a lot.
Why can't both versions of the evening gown be kept?
Because one isn't an Evening Gown at all ..... it's the graphic for the new Wedding Dress which I assume will be part of the Wedding package... it just strangely got applied to the CC Evening Gown. But it is in the art update in the patch we just got. So you will eventually be able to get it. I'm just hoping that it will be something we can craft not just an item. If I'm going to shell out tons of money for a wedding package I hope it comes with recipes not just items.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Thank you! :smile2:

*mission accomplished*

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, nevermind then. I appreciate the work. But please not that the new world tree does not fit to carpet tiles or other stuff. But, whatever, seems I have a problem with my eyes, not the "experts" *giggles*

World Tree for sale on Siege - I dont want it anymore.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think the problem is that it was wrong before but now they changed it to make it wrong in another way, still wrong, just a different kind of wrong, oddly enough my husband actually said at the time, I bet they change it to be wrong in the opposite way....and they did! It is nice to see that they heard the negative feedback and wanted to improve things though!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Great news! I hope other items like the vases will also be fixed? (and if you felt like adding a toggle to remove the ugly pots from maple trees and such, noone would complain...)

vases.png

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ohhh yes!! So many okay-ish plants would be much nicer without the pots! :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Great news! I hope other items like the vases will also be fixed? (and if you felt like adding a toggle to remove the ugly pots from maple trees and such, noone would complain...)

View attachment 60769
The vase isn't supposed to have a rim around it....not all vases do.

vases.jpg

Just google it! I like those vases the way they are.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The vase isn't supposed to have a rim around it....not all vases do.

View attachment 60770

Just google it! I like those vases the way they are.
Ignore the rim; look at the shadowing inside the top. The current shadow is just wrong. They fixed it on the large vase, but not the smaller one.