• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fix the new Unicorn mount please!

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new Unicorn's tail falls under every tile when facing southwest.
Please fix this. :(
What a showstopper. Youre absolutely right to bring this to the attention of the producer and two devs. Something must be done.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm still waiting for my sovereigns to be delivered so I can buy mine!

:Begging:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First one on LS. Says 1 of 2500 on its belly.

It is like the 16th anniv horse. It is not like the charger of the fallen. It bonds with you instantly. But it did not appear next to me. I had to chase it down.

I suppose it could die. It does stable.

I had hoped to use it like the charger of the fallen. It should have a warning on the buy section. It is listed on the same page.

Warning: Does not work like charger of the fallen or ethereal mount!

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I must confess... I kinda like it, too. :)
It is funny!!
a lot of people "hated" but so many people asked me all day, WTH was that, where they can buy or tame, so I guess, it was the 1st impression of everybody "HATE THAT" but now seems like everybody want one!!

I wish they had some sort of "Effect" like the Dreadmare's "Trick" and Fart some Gold or Rainbow Mist :eyes:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is funny!!
a lot of people "hated" but so many people asked me all day, WTH was that, where they can buy or tame, so I guess, it was the 1st impression of everybody "HATE THAT" but now seems like everybody want one!!

I wish they had some sort of "Effect" like the Dreadmare's "Trick" and Fart some Gold or Rainbow Mist :eyes:
I still don't want one... Think it's fugly and in the wrong game. But I will say that it definitely has a place in PVP, cause I'd be so insulted being killed by someone riding that hahaha :p

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Say Hello to the RED LASHER my friends!
Your sig >>> "I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." <<< definitely rates a like. Love it.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 within 40 min. Let me repeat it: my wife sold 10 (!) within 40 min. Nobody wants them?

:moo:

Folks, come out of your dark-daemon-bone-dungeon-blood-gore-killyou-corner and acknowledge UO as what it is: A large Hobbiton full of saturated hobbits tending their plants and gardens, decorating their homes, sitting at banks and chatting, waiting anxiously for the next Valentines and Easter and preparing for the WEDDING!!!

:hula:

Not saying I do it the same way. But UO nowadays is a 95 % hardcore trammified medieval version of THE SIMS. And it is right cool this way!

THIS "COMMUNITIY" CALLED STRATICS (you know, I like it) IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE MAJORITY OF UO-PLAYERS AND PAID ACCOUNTS! And as soon as you get that fact, you will be soooo much more relaxed and happy about the fact, that your neighbor is riding a Lasher - HE PAYS FOR YOUR GAME!

:pint:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and one cannot discuss individual taste. If there were only two mounts ingame, the tarantula and the lasher, I would defo go for the lasher... The tarantula is simply terrible. I keep my llamas!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, that took long :D Another example that no one is doing QA at all.
Well supposedly that's Mesanna's husband Misk's job... but I oft times wonder if he does his job... and then if he does actually DO something over there I then wonder... How horribly was it all coded BEFORE he did QA testing on it and said it was "ok"??? And I am fairly certain that he only checks things in the CC and NEVER looks at stuff in the EC because if he did then... well he either needs glasses or .....

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well supposedly that's Mesanna's husband Misk's job... but I oft times wonder if he does his job... and then if he does actually DO something over there I then wonder... How horribly was it all coded BEFORE he did QA testing on it and said it was "ok"??? And I am fairly certain that he only checks things in the CC and NEVER looks at stuff in the EC because if he did then... well he either needs glasses or .....
Well normally I'm the first one to lovingly bash the devs, but they do have a very small team. Take this into consideration. Each client has its issues, the CC in my opinion isn't as cluttered and clunky feeling as the EC, the EC has a nicer UI albeit I prefer simplicity, but regardless. Not only do they have to maintain two clients, but that means double the art, double the code, double the bugs. Imagine how ridiculous 2D shadowed flat sprites would look in the EC, just as ridiculous as the new plants look in the CC since they are built for the EC. So Messana is like the "fair" mom. When her kids ask who's picture is better she has to say they're equal so she doesn't hurt feelings. The reality is, if we had one client, and less servers we would have more content and much less bugs imo. So to conclude my rare defend the Devs post..the Lasher is pretty ugly for my tastes, but I'm curious did no one actually ride it before it went live? Are you only allowed to run one direction in green acres?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait...lol..her husband is the designer of this stuff that gets rolled out ? No effing wonder....

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait...lol..her husband is the designer of this stuff that gets rolled out ? No effing wonder....
No, Misk is her husband and supposedly the QA person. However I'm totally with Malag on how they interpret QA - and that is no EC testing at all. It's pointless to lay out all the examples though.

As for the topic at hand: All it takes is a single check list for new mounts. Add two additional bullet points "Faces all 8 directions in CC correctly" and "Faces all 8 directions in EC corretly". No mount goes through QA without passing the checklist. Is that so hard?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It is funny!!

Nobody asked you that. ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well normally I'm the first one to lovingly bash the devs, but they do have a very small team. Take this into consideration. Each client has its issues, the CC in my opinion isn't as cluttered and clunky feeling as the EC, the EC has a nicer UI albeit I prefer simplicity, but regardless. Not only do they have to maintain two clients, but that means double the art, double the code, double the bugs. Imagine how ridiculous 2D shadowed flat sprites would look in the EC, just as ridiculous as the new plants look in the CC since they are built for the EC. So Messana is like the "fair" mom. When her kids ask who's picture is better she has to say they're equal so she doesn't hurt feelings. The reality is, if we had one client, and less servers we would have more content and much less bugs imo. So to conclude my rare defend the Devs post..the Lasher is pretty ugly for my tastes, but I'm curious did no one actually ride it before it went live? Are you only allowed to run one direction in green acres?

Small team/large team doesn't matter... you have two clients you need to test in both clients. And it didn't take long for folk to see that issue... honestly he should have. But my guess is he just checked to see if you could get on and off it and if it worked like any other mount/pet... doubt he cares if it looks ok doing it. Since obviously no one on the DEV team cares about how things look as they don't care about maintaining the look of the game or keeping it's perspective.

And if I'm going to be totally honest about that... how it looks is the ART guys job and how it performs in the environment is the part of the programmer... so really... But you know half the stuff in game sticks through stuff if you have ever used the swamp dragon you just have to get over his head going through 90% of the things around you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Folks, come out of your dark-daemon-bone-dungeon-blood-gore-killyou-corner and acknowledge UO as what it is: A large Hobbiton full of saturated hobbits tending their plants and gardens, decorating their homes, sitting at banks and chatting, waiting anxiously for the next Valentines and Easter and preparing for the WEDDING!!!
You have been watching me. STOP NOW.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so we are gonna hack on the Dev's for trying to make some money for the game so it can live longer and keep its clientele interested?
while i personally do not like the Lasher i think it was a great idea and i hope they continue to crank out a new item every month for $10 because ill buy it!
toilet... sure ill by 3.
pet dye, why not, make it a 10 pack and ill buy 4.
special fart dust for Lasher so rainbow lasers shoot out his butt?
ok but dont tell anyone i bought that one....

more products, more sales, longer running game, more in-gauged player base..... winning!

i think the whole Lasher debate is just closeted homophob's not comfy enough to come join the Bromy's at Luna.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1-12-170001.jpg 1-12-170002.jpg

found three on another shard to lore, just a strong war horse for VvV, nothing special, if it dies you need to get a vet or tamer to res.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It might be just a horse NOW.....but wait for the pet revamp...... ;)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It might be just a horse NOW.....but wait for the pet revamp...... ;)
Ya I am waiting for revamping on the nightmares since they NOT bring back the dread war horse. Most of my tamers across other shards have some well trained mares.