• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2017 a big year for uo but....

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All these are eroding the UO population, some will not like them, but definitely some might just move over... should stick with one.

I am still playing official UO shards, vanilla EC, no scripts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And to add, I am able to solo Osiredon and Shadowguard myself with 2 accounts. Can do almost anything now in the game, so fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When uo released UOSA, i had 5 accounts active at same time, when release tol i was with 2, actually i`m with 0 after due a billing problem, i lost the 90day time to renew my house and it decayed so i stopped play. If the game fo f2p, or if open an regional server on my country i would love come back, I would love to work with the broadsword, but we see an official announcement every what, 6 months?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've played it. Its...got a long, long ways to go...
It does, but what can you expect from a game that isn't in Alpha testing yet.. though that's coming soon they've set a date for it.
Max 128 players per shard? Not really my idea of MMO
True, but again I think that cap is to be lifted as they move closer to the "Gold Launch".

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL there is only a couple of UO shards that would go over that 128 cap...so we should be used to that population :p

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does, but what can you expect from a game that isn't in Alpha testing yet.. though that's coming soon they've set a date for it.

True, but again I think that cap is to be lifted as they move closer to the "Gold Launch".
Thing that also worries me about shards is the low backing it got. A little over 4500 backers bringing $275k investment for development just isnt enough.

Both Crowfall and Albion Online are far far more popular. 12 months ago Albion is over 35k subscribers (probably more now), all who have invested into the alpha/beta and it has millions to invest. Shards is struggling and that means no development funds ... $275k doesnt go far.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In a game that's past it's prime, like this one, you have to be very careful when you mess with the revenue. Making it F2P will kill a major portion of the income UO is bringing in. This is just for a chance it will bring new and old players back. Doing something that drastic could easily tank this game to the point the doors will be shut and all of us will be without UO.

I came to the conclusion, a while ago, that this game is going to stay the course until enough people have left where they cant afford to keep it running. Then it will shut it's doors and the UO journey will be over.

Once I came to that realization I started enjoying the game more then I had in years.

It's not going to be around forever. Enjoy it for what it is instead of dwelling on what it isn't.
My enjoyment of this game will never be based on whether EA/Mythic/BS is or isn't making a profit from my playing it.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My enjoyment of this game will never be based on whether EA/Mythic/BS is or isn't making a profit from my playing it.
I'm not sure if you're inferring that's what I was saying. It was not.

1. Free to play is a bad idea.
2. As imperfect as it is, enjoy what the game has to offer while it's still around.

Jabberwocky

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
absolutely not true (except the "old game" part). game ive been playing recently has a "dev team" smaller than UO, has new content very often, with a global event about every 6 weeks (these usually last for about 2 weeks each) and no subscription.

The Secret World
Sorry but, do you have any source for this?

The thing is that TSW is Funcom's main game, and they are making Conan Exiles too.

No way Funcom has a smaller team than UO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Free too play and add it to steam might help the game. They could easily add a game store full of dyes, deco, mounts, and even artifacts if they so desire to make up revenue. I know casual gamers like myself would rather drop a few $$$ over spending hours of wasted time for a single item.

The games current state is hardly worth playing. I turned an account on, and can't help but feel it was a huge waste of money. Mind you, I don't waste my time on silly things such as pvm. The pvp currently is nothing but a bunch of randoms spamming holly fist. That's real fun...

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Free too play and add it to steam might help the game. They could easily add a game store full of dyes, deco, mounts, and even artifacts if they so desire to make up revenue. I know casual gamers like myself would rather drop a few $$$ over spending hours of wasted time for a single item.

The games current state is hardly worth playing. I turned an account on, and can't help but feel it was a huge waste of money. Mind you, I don't waste my time on silly things such as pvm. The pvp currently is nothing but a bunch of randoms spamming holly fist. That's real fun...
We all have great ideas for micro transactions that would probably make 'them' a lot of money. I'm starting to get the feeling BS isn't trying to implement any of them because the money doesn't funnel back into BS or UO, it just sinks into the EA void...

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And?

This is a public forum. Do we really 'need' any of the threads here? He's entitled to post and ask the question without an immediate put down and the fact that your thread was 'liked' just highlights the sycophants yet again.

Oh the irony.