• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ourUO

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
During the PVP balancing conversations, I pulled data for all characters on atlantic from myuo and did some analysis on skills being used by players. Since I had this data, for fun, I decided to write a web interface into this data. This was just kind of thrown together so I apologize for any issues. If people think its useful, maybe ill add more and do it for all shards. ourUO

Last edited:

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good work. I would have found it even more interesting/useful (and something I always wanted to do) if you had tried to deduce the data to show percentage of players using common templates (and allow for some variance). Look at something like diablofans class builds if that thing is still around.

parry mage, deathstriker, herder/camper, or whatever other fotm templates are out there. :)

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good work. I would have found it even more interesting/useful (and something I always wanted to do) if you had tried to deduce the data to show percentage of players using common templates (and allow for some variance). Look at something like diablofans class builds if that thing is still around.

parry mage, deathstriker, herder/camper, or whatever other fotm templates are out there. :)
Good idea! That would be pretty trivial for me to add in too. Thanks for the feedback.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is there a way to see entire templates on myuo? All I can see is the top 3 skills when I search for a character. Am I missing something?

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is there a way to see entire templates on myuo? All I can see is the top 3 skills when I search for a character. Am I missing something?
The server sends the information, but it is hidden from the view on myuo. I actually wrote a chrome extension to show full templates on myuo, but it seems chrome took it off the chrome store as they just changed the way their apps work. I grab the information from the same server, I just don't hide it from my view.

EDIT: Actually I think it is still there: myUO Skill Shower

Last edited:

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The server sends the information, but it is hidden from the view on myuo. I actually wrote a chrome extension to show full templates on myuo, but it seems chrome took it off the chrome store as they just changed the way their apps work. I grab the information from the same server, I just don't hide it from my view.

Thanks, it works well!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the guild abbreviations didn't seem to do anything.
can there be a shard filter?
I know siege will mess up stats because many crafters have stealth / hiding.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the guild abbreviations didn't seem to do anything.
can there be a shard filter?
I know siege will mess up stats because many crafters have stealth / hiding.
I was going to add all shards with a shard filter next. Are you getting blank data from guild abbreviation? I had someone earlier say it wasn't working for them, but they were typing in an "O" for H0T guild and not a zero (0). It has to be exact guild abbreviation.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry - it just wasn't clear that I type into the words "guild abbreviations" and then hit the arrow

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

cool stuff! any chance there being a version for firefox? :-D

Enziet

Journeyman
Interesting. Would be even more interesting if the place you were getting your information from wasn't almost a year old information. :) Neat idea though.