• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2017 a big year for uo but....

Gunsmoke

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do u think paying a subscription is still worth playing?

I say this because after reading over and over these threads it seems that they always just repeat themselves but yet really get no answers for what will make this game become great again. duping, scripting, Ea Mythic(payments) and Enhanced client seem to come up at least once a week and yet nothing is done. Make no mistake that this game paved the way for all mmo games out there and yet there is a community from 18yrs to now that play this historic game. (IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!).

Answer: after looking at shard population ive noticed its going down quick due its "Vanilla" like feel. i would like to see some greater authority put gasoline on the fire and show the paying people there getting what they are paying for.

PS.. Gold for Gametime (websites) should be banned.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do u think paying a subscription is still worth playing?

I say this because after reading over and over these threads it seems that they always just repeat themselves but yet really get no answers for what will make this game become great again. duping, scripting, Ea Mythic(payments) and Enhanced client seem to come up at least once a week and yet nothing is done. Make no mistake that this game paved the way for all mmo games out there and yet there is a community from 18yrs to now that play this historic game. (IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!).

Answer: after looking at shard population ive noticed its going down quick due its "Vanilla" like feel. i would like to see some greater authority put gasoline on the fire and show the paying people there getting what they are paying for.

PS.. Gold for Gametime (websites) should be banned.
Old game, small dev team. To me, the quirks that people complain about are part of the charm. If you want a game with a huge budget and team that pushes out perfect features every month, this is not it, and that's one of the beautiful things about it. I love it for what it is. Can there be improvements? Of course. No one forces us to play this and pay sub fees, but we still do, and that means it is worth it.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Old game, small dev team. To me, the quirks that people complain about are part of the charm. If you want a game with a huge budget and team that pushes out perfect features every month, this is not it, and that's one of the beautiful things about it. I love it for what it is. Can there be improvements? Of course. No one forces us to play this and pay sub fees, but we still do, and that means it is worth it.
The bold part says it for me. Never has been perfect pushes that can recall ... ever. And that's back to Den Dragon days. Just part of being a sandbox. Are there things I dislike about UO? Oh h3ll yeah ... but I can live with them and work around them.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh good this thread again, this is just what we needed.
And?

This is a public forum. Do we really 'need' any of the threads here? He's entitled to post and ask the question without an immediate put down and the fact that your thread was 'liked' just highlights the sycophants yet again.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will pay for my suscription forever. Only thing that varies is the no. of open accounts. At the moment I reduced my ingame time with 2 accts only, in couple of moths I will expand again. But yes, suscription is the model for me!

I am a huge fan of customer loyalty programs, I suggest to improve the aspect in future!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
absolutely not true (except the "old game" part). game ive been playing recently has a "dev team" smaller than UO, has new content very often, with a global event about every 6 weeks (these usually last for about 2 weeks each) and no subscription.

The Secret World

Meltedmantis

Adventurer
absolutely not true (except the "old game" part). game ive been playing recently has a "dev team" smaller than UO, has new content very often, with a global event about every 6 weeks (these usually last for about 2 weeks each) and no subscription.

The Secret World
but is it really a fair 1 to 1 comparison? Secret world was released in 2012. UO in 1997. That's quite a difference in tool sets.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but is it really a fair 1 to 1 comparison? Secret world was released in 2012. UO in 1997. That's quite a difference in tool sets.
i do think its fair. especially since the major complaints of players, and of this thread is the cost. not what the game offers. that has nothing to do with technology, but basic number of employees salaries vrs pricing structure.

if your saying that UO is an old game, so cant have a modern, efficient pricing structure to enable highest profits and highest population possible, i just dont agree with that.

this is classic EA procedure. no risk for money in hand rather than optimal changes for long term.

if a professional had re-vamped UOs pricing structure 5 years ago (when we first saw a surge in simple/classic game popularity hand in hand with buy to play or free to play) that alone would have increased population by at least double, maybe triple, while also yielding higher profits.

Last edited:

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

The Secret World
How does the developer for this game get paid? They can't be doing this for charity, I believe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does the developer for this game get paid? They can't be doing this for charity, I believe...

they have a good base game, (UO is also a good base game) encourage population with low initial cost and no subscription. bulk of income comes from store items and bonus membership boosts, which is the topic of this thread:

So... if people aren't into the new unicorn, what type of MTX would you buy?

but that has to be done well. again, professional pricing in relation to whats available in the game already. desireability in relation to what you can get in-game (for free). not too much more, but enough more that people will still buy it.

take for instance the gilded unicorn, thats similar to what UO was trying to achieve with the rainbow unicorn. but the art was bad. good art, and desirability doesnt have to mean state of the art graphics, just good art for what fits with the game and that people will pay for.

for instance UO, i know for a fact people would bay hundreds, or even thousands of dollars for simple things like dyes and mounts. possibly new housing styles or better instant skill tokens.

tumblr_ocsxbfkcoG1tyr4tjo2_500.gif

Meltedmantis

Adventurer
"if your saying that UO is an old game, so cant have a modern, efficient pricing structure to enable highest profits and highest population possible, i just dont agree with that."

that's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that because UO is such a old game, things that are easy to do and upkeep now in games built with modern tool kits such as secret world, may not be quite so easy here.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"

that's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that because UO is such a old game, things that are easy to do and upkeep now in games built with modern tool kits such as secret world, may not be quite so easy here.
i dont think its that hard at all. we're getting that new content, those new items. ones that yield revenue for other games. currently, the bulk of items that fill that need is EM items. So the systems are there, and despite the old technology are extremely popular, and easy to do. many options could be implemented with current in game items with just a new number typed in. take "skin tingling tincture" change that to abyssal or glacial hue, right there you have a 100 dollar or more item.

another idea ive had that would give the game revenue, and solve complaints of EM item farming / cross-shard playing (those that only do events to sell the item) would be to have each EM item shard bound, and account bound. 1 dollar to remove shard bound status. 5 dollars to remove account bound status. or have each EM item also for sale on the UO store for 1 week after the event for a cost of say 10 to 20 dollars. or both.

In my opinion, UO is the perfect game in its current state to be able to eliminate all sub fees (yielding a much higher population) while actually increasing revenue. it would just take someone with a good mindset for these types of things to implement a successful system.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a game that's past it's prime, like this one, you have to be very careful when you mess with the revenue. Making it F2P will kill a major portion of the income UO is bringing in. This is just for a chance it will bring new and old players back. Doing something that drastic could easily tank this game to the point the doors will be shut and all of us will be without UO.

I came to the conclusion, a while ago, that this game is going to stay the course until enough people have left where they cant afford to keep it running. Then it will shut it's doors and the UO journey will be over.

Once I came to that realization I started enjoying the game more then I had in years.

It's not going to be around forever. Enjoy it for what it is instead of dwelling on what it isn't.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is turning 20 years old.................. and will continue as long as we who love the game play and pay.
I rest my case.
But there are fewer and fewer players loving the game and paying. That isnt sustainable. Unless UO makes a change in payment model, and starts to give a crap about customer service (including the account management system) then there wont be a game to play. I rest my case.

Stubentiger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am awaiting their changes. If they are good I resubscribe, though chances get lower each passing year with other games filling my time.
UO needs a miracle patch.
Good luck, in the meantime I put my money in the new UO.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been paying for months and finding myself logging in just to sit at my house and question why.

I have no desire to play anymore even if it were F2P. The dungeons are boring. Events are a mess. Spawns have run its course and my PvP population has dwindled to the few remaining predictable scenerios. I have downsized over and over until I believe it's time to bank my soulstones and go.

F2P does not solve the fun factor. It does solve the money factor for maybe hundreds of others that simply are pushed for money.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In my opinion, UO is the perfect game in its current state to be able to eliminate all sub fees (yielding a much higher population) while actually increasing revenue. it would just take someone with a good mindset for these types of things to implement a successful system.
That might work, IF you can find someone to run things and say "That art is awful, we can't sell many of those-go back and make it fit with the game!"
It's gonna be a hard sell for some people to get them to pay for some of the artwork that is being released now...enough of it to make a living off it at least.

Meltedmantis

Adventurer
I'm not so sure it's current state is a favorable as you claim. It seems to me several core mechanics rely on the sub model that would have to first be dealt with. Housing for example. How will that be handled now that a person can create as many accounts as they want ( and thus unlimited houses ). IDOCs will be eliminated (maybe for the best, but that is subjective). Just a few examples.

I'm also not sure that a pure micro transaction based system as you suggest would be as economically viable for UO as in other games. This is mainly because all of us are paying for multiple accounts each for the most part. Newer games don't have this "problem", because most games don't have regulated virtual real estate( or any at all really). So right now they are getting conservatively 25- 50 dollars per month from each of us (maybe more?) now that's going to take a lot of micro transactions to replace that revenue, on top of the micro-transaction money they already are getting.

In my view when the game gets to the state that changing it to free to play is viable, will be the time when sub counts have dropped so low, the game will be all but dead anyways. Which is saying something considering it's current state

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not so sure it's current state is a favorable as you claim. It seems to me several core mechanics rely on the sub model that would have to first be dealt with. Housing for example. How will that be handled now that a person can create as many accounts as they want ( and thus unlimited houses ). IDOCs will be eliminated (maybe for the best, but that is subjective).
Well, that part is solvable. Freeshards developed a number of ways to deal with this. BS just need to pick one and adapt it.
I agree with others that subscription model isn't the reason for low population. It's a history of making a wrong strategic decision after a wrong strategic decision over the years. Transition to Broadsword revived the momentum somewhat, but I don't think it's enough. Dev team is tiny and the design decisions continue to be a mixed bag.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not so sure it's current state is a favorable as you claim. It seems to me several core mechanics rely on the sub model that would have to first be dealt with. Housing for example. How will that be handled now that a person can create as many accounts as they want ( and thus unlimited houses ). IDOCs will be eliminated (maybe for the best, but that is subjective). Just a few examples.
housing would be an option for payment. id suggest a low amount, or free for a small house (8by8 or so) and 10 dollars a month (current rate) for 18by18 or larger. but include some other perks as well like increased skill gain etc.

the "endless journey" announced by mesanna is a good start, free to play if your fine with having no house and other restrictions, but doesnt address the high cost of getting an account up to date with expansions.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
free to play means free to cheat. oh wait, thinking lol. i can say that people i knew that have left the game, have left because of cheating/unfair practices, store/account billing headaches, changes that have been made.
to be fair the devs done a lot of great improvements. just need to stop doing things that will cause people to leave.
just my opinions

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it both annoying and hilarious that we're still waiting on that "big announcement in December" that Mesanna mentioned last September. December has a little more than one day left, but I'm not the least bit shocked that she flaked. Not. One. Tiny. Bit.

Yeah, I know the announcement was probably the Endless Journey that was blabbed in that obscure, virtually unknown podcast...that wasn't even advertised on UO.com. The devs may have well been giving an interview to stuffed animals...or Lasher. *cringes*

Seriously, while we all love UO, we have to face facts and acknowledge that UO has been circling the drain for years. This rudderless ship has been lurching from one half-baked idea/system to the next, never quite managing to finish any of the projects in a satisfactory fashion...

A brief list of half-done things from recent years:
  • EC
  • Ter Mur
  • High Seas
  • Virtues
  • BOD Revamp
  • Governor/Loyalty system
  • VvV
  • Dungeon revamp
  • Eodon
  • Website revamp
  • Account Management
Personally, I don't think F2P is the answer. I think it could be part of the answer though. I'd suggest a lowering of the subscription rate back to $9.99 monthly (the reason for the rate hike was complete bull). There is no reason that a floundering 20yo game should have the 3rd highest subscription rate. It's simply unjustifiable. Then they do a tiered F2P option that encourages people to subscribe with added perks.
Perks such as:
  • Monthly Sovereign stipend (nearly ALL games with premium currencies do this for subscribers)
  • Additional houses for a small fee
  • Additional character slots
  • Additional stable slots
Once this is all in place and functioning, they must crush cheating MERCILESSLY. No more of the delusionally destructive "Any way you want to win" crap. The ToS/RoC must be enforced. Then they spend a few grand on borrowing an EA lawyer and send cease and desist letters to the RMT sites, or simply send their ISPs copyright takedown notices (since those sites stole their graphics/IP).

Then they hire a community manager that can get questions and such answered in a timely fashion and ensure that player feelings are made known.

Of course, little of this will actually happen. Broadsword has neither the vision, nor the testicular fortitude.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just throwing in ideas... I was playing this mobile game dragon mania, and basically it's a much simpler game. But a lot of young people are playing, I think because they like the graphics of the 200+ dragon species... people pay money just to collect these dragons. And due to the way the game is configured, most of them don't fight well.

I remember way back in 1999 when people started to sell virtual goods online and UO could or was the pioneer. Gold, larger tower, etc was sold at eBay. Today, everyone is following the same model... as UO proved that people are willing to pay for virtual goods... while at that time I think this was banned.

We need as a community... help to rebuild UO. We need something to attract new players, that is the key I think. F2P or whatever model maybe matters, but the end result must be increase in player population.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think we would see a decent surplus in new accounts if they consolidated all of the past expansions and booster packs into the most recent expansion purchase.
As it stand now, you have to pay $80+ bucks just to get a new account playable with all available content with all of the increased storage and character spots. Thats just painful. No one wants to drop that kinda money to try much less play a 20 year old game. Some of the newer games charge you 40 bucks or so for the latest expansion... but it includes everything you need to play competitively and on par with the rest of the game population. That is a much more reasonable entertainment investment than half a car payment....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think we would see a decent surplus in new accounts if they consolidated all of the past expansions and booster packs into the most recent expansion purchase.
As it stand now, you have to pay $80+ bucks just to get a new account playable with all available content with all of the increased storage and character spots. Thats just painful. No one wants to drop that kinda money to try much less play a 20 year old game. Some of the newer games charge you 40 bucks or so for the latest expansion... but it includes everything you need to play competitively and on par with the rest of the game population. That is a much more reasonable entertainment investment than half a car payment....
I've said that for a long time now... we should only be buying ToL ...... and that ought to include SA and HS... As for the artsy stuff like the Rustic and such that can stay as it is...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've said that for a long time now... we should only be buying ToL ...... and that ought to include SA and HS... As for the artsy stuff like the Rustic and such that can stay as it is...
Not exactly, we with existing accounts should be paying one fee for an expansion upgrade, and there be another for a full purchase of the game with all expansions etc. like what is on Origin for SA, where a new account is $29.99 and just an upgrade for existing accounts is $19.99.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not exactly, we with existing accounts should be paying one fee for an expansion upgrade, and there be another for a full purchase of the game with all expansions etc. like what is on Origin for SA, where a new account is $29.99 and just an upgrade for existing accounts is $19.99.
Doesn't matter if we want people to even consider getting into UO or getting back into UO we seriously can't expect them to shell out more than $50 for an ancient game with 90's graphics...

Seriously... Can NOT...

Also they have GOT to make it less complicated to get into UO... Buying crap from Origin and then having to register on BS and make an account with the Account Management site and then put in the code there download the game there and then get in put in the code again to get the item and with basically NO direction, No new player experience and whatnot.... we are kidding ourselves about getting new players. I've tried really hard to get folk to come play but most of them can't get past buying the game on Origin... either it refuses to accept their CC or whatever... they give me 100 different reasons why Origin won't let them get the game.... then if they manage that getting set up with the Account Management and all is another HUGE hurdle... etc... and the lame excuse of a NPE in the EC is confusing at best... and there is NOTHING for players who chose the CC...

Even if UO went F2P which I think would be a massive fail.... without some sort of NPE it's all moot.

If you also add in the lack of a proper official forum for folk to get help .... yeah... trying to contact customer service is like pulling teeth or having bamboo shoots driven under your fingernails. Either one might be less painful and frustrating.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I think it should be as simple as download the game, install and then do everything inside the game, including registration, buying and upgrading of any package. All in one interface.

Meltedmantis

Adventurer
yeah... i just came back myself... 3 or 4 months ago. it wasn't fun spending 85ish just on one account and more on another one. Im sure spending a hundred dollars to play a 20 year old game is quite the barrier of (re)entry

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately there is no magic bullet. There is no one thing that will turn it around. A series of things have to happen if this game is to be saved (and saved it needs to be ... do not conflate 20 years of longevity with immortality. They are not the same thing).

1. Create a new player experience that actually works and is intuitive and helpful
2. Get the game on steam. This is the number one market place for PC games and essential if you want new players in significant numbers.
3. Drop the price dramatically. $19.99 max for the full patched game including all expansions.
4. Ditch the current account management system and allow new players to quickly and easily register, pay, drop into the game and make store purchases through a new in game interface.
5. Introduce a F2P model with micro transactions for a whole host of things. Increased bank storage, increased house storage, extra character slots, skills allowable above 100, vanity items, character name change, character transfers, character gender change, etc etc etc ... the list could be huge, almost endless.
6. Open new F2P shards whilst keeping the existing sub model for those who prefer their quiet dead empty shard and dont want a host of new players running around. This also works in that most new players will not want to be dropped into an economy where 'billions' is common currency. Its ridiculously inflated.
7. Allow only 8x8 max on new shards for free and have decay. Housing larger than that should be a one off purchase (subject to decay) or part of an optional monthly premium ($4.99??) subscription (subject to decay if sub lapses) which also includes sovereigns.
8. Do something about the exploitable nature of the game and police it accordingly with perma bans on accounts.
9. Advertise the bloody game!
10. Use revenue to moderate the game properly, provide some half decent customer service, and employ enough people to maintain and develop the game .

These 10 steps will bring in both new players and revenue without impacting the existing players or shards. It will of course never happen as EA are running the game down towards closure and have neither the will nor vision to invest the resources required to make it happen. BroadSwords contract to run UO reaches the 3 year mark in February ... I wonder how long the contract was signed for.

Last edited:

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately there is no magic bullet. There is no one thing that will turn it around. A series of things have to happen if this game is to be saved (and saved it needs to be ... do not conflate 20 years of longevity with immortality. They are not the same thing).

1. Create a new player experience that actually works and is intuitive and helpful
2. Get the game on steam. This is the number one market place for PC games and essential if you want new players in significant numbers.
3. Drop the price dramatically. $19.99 max for the full patched game including all expansions.
4. Ditch the current account management system and allow new players to quickly and easily register, pay, drop into the game and make store purchases through a new in game interface.
5. Introduce a F2P model with micro transactions for a whole host of things. Increased bank storage, increased house storage, extra character slots, skills allowable above 100, vanity items, character renames, character name change, character transfers, character gender change, etc etc etc ... the list could be huge, almost endless.
6. Open new F2P shards whilst keeping the existing sub model for those who prefer their quiet dead empty shard and dont want a host of new players running around. This also works in that most new players will not want to be dropped into an economy where 'billions' is common currency. Its ridiculously inflated.
7. Allow only 8x8 max on new shards for free and have decay. Housing larger than that should be a one off purchase (subject to decay) or part of an optional monthly premium ($4.99??) subscription (subject to decay if sub lapses) which also includes sovereigns.
8. Do something about the exploitable nature of the game and police it accordingly with perma bans on accounts.
9. Advertise the bloody game!
10. Use revenue to moderate the game properly, provide some half decent customer service, and employ enough people to maintain and develop the game .

These 10 steps will bring in both new players and revenue without impacting the existing players or shards. It will of course never happen as EA are running the game down towards closure and have neither the will nor vision to invest the resources required to make it happen. BroadSwords contract to run UO reaches the 3 year mark in February ... I wonder how long the contract was signed for.
Make UO great again!!!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe I heard somewhere, (sorry no link etc.) that it runs out with in a few months after the 20th anny

Also your list of "Things UO Needs" won't ever obtain #2 on the list, EA has Origin, they aren't allowing any of their IPs to be published on Steam.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I believe I heard somewhere, (sorry no link etc.) that it runs out with in a few months after the 20th anny

Also your list of "Things UO Needs" won't ever obtain #2 on the list, EA has Origin, they aren't allowing any of their IPs to be published on Steam.
Oh no, what happens after the contract ends...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would figure...they keep us limping along to make the 20th mark. Just to say they did, and then shut it down.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will stay as long as this game is live. I have too much invested over the years to walk away and I still enjoy it. I may downgrade from 4 accounts to 3, but probably not due to houses I wish to hold.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To their, and our detriment. They dont care for us or UO.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well said.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OT: I got an email from Sqare Enix saying Final Fantasy was 30 years old and Final Fantasy XI (their first MMO) is 15. Wow. EA should capitalize on the fact that they own the Ultima Franchise (having bought it from creator Richard Garriot) and remind us how old it is rather than treating UO like some kind of recalcitrant teenaged orphan. Maybe new versions of the old games? A remake of “Ascension”? Or get back in the saddle of UXO or some other tenth game.

IF you're really fed up with UO and want to play a modern version, Lord British will welcome you with open arms to “Shroud of the Avatar.” hehe

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OT: I got an email from Sqare Enix saying Final Fantasy was 30 years old and Final Fantasy XI (their first MMO) is 15. Wow. EA should capitalize on the fact that they own the Ultima Franchise (having bought it from creator Richard Garriot) and remind us how old it is rather than treating UO like some kind of recalcitrant teenaged orphan. Maybe new versions of the old games? A remake of “Ascension”? Or get back in the saddle of UXO or some other tenth game.

IF you're really fed up with UO and want to play a modern version, Lord British will welcome you with open arms to “Shroud of the Avatar.” hehe
Shroud... wouldn't play that if he paid me.