• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vesper Artisan Festival?

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, or if the answer seems obvious.

The 8th Artisan Festival (Vesper, on my shard) is scheduled to start on Thur 12-29-2016. It would complete at server up on Jan 1st 2017. Will that Tree be allowed to complete? The patch notes say 12:01am Jan 1st (2016 hehe) so I am thinking not... but it sure seems a shame. Imagine those folks working on that last tree, just to suddenly do the math and realize it comes up short, and no gifts!

Can we please beseech the powers that be for that one extra day to bring in the new year?

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this time I would encourage everyone to not place any bods on the elf when he shows in Vesper. Unless we get an answer, which is unlikely till after the new year.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, or if the answer seems obvious.

The 8th Artisan Festival (Vesper, on my shard) is scheduled to start on Thur 12-29-2016. It would complete at server up on Jan 1st 2017. Will that Tree be allowed to complete? The patch notes say 12:01am Jan 1st (2016 hehe) so I am thinking not... but it sure seems a shame. Imagine those folks working on that last tree, just to suddenly do the math and realize it comes up short, and no gifts!

Can we please beseech the powers that be for that one extra day to bring in the new year?
Yew is still after Vesper as well!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
We barely got Trinsic completed on Atlantic. Only got through to the final stage by asking for a lot of guild help to do a lot of BoDs. Good luck to the other cities!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as a resident of Yew, I am sad that we will not get to have the holiday tree.... *sigh*
so looked forward to sharing my BOD pile with people to get something from yew.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as a resident of Yew, I am sad that we will not get to have the holiday tree.... *sigh*
so looked forward to sharing my BOD pile with people to get something from yew.
I'm not sure that is the case. It would be really crappy of the Devs to exclude a city simply because they screwed up the time frame! I think when they put this together they simply forgot about the 4th day (for getting the gifts) in each city, and just miscalculated the time needed. A pretty stupid mistake, yes. But, with the Devs we have now, a distinct possibility!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless there is an immediate dev intervention, the festival will end before Vesper is due to get its bag of presents. Yew will simply never get a tree on 95% of shards unless the festival is extended by at least 5 entire days (if not more for present collection).

@Mesanna @Kyronix please don't leave us in suspense, or believe this won't make an unfortunate dent in general goodwill toward the devs.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If they do end the festival before Vesper and Yew get their trees, maybe they can add a "Christmas in July" festival for those cities that didn't get a chance to host or finish their trees.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Finish your tree early! It looks like the Lake Superior Vesper tree is almost complete.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finish your tree early! It looks like the Lake Superior Vesper tree is almost complete.
Unless they extend the Festival by at least 1 more day, any BODs used to advance the Vesper started today tree are a complete and utter waste of resources/time.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have faith the UO-Gods will extend the deadline so that ppl can collect on the Vesper tree. However, I think Yew will be SOL for this event. *sigh*

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Unless they extend the Festival by at least 1 more day, any BODs used to advance the Vesper started today tree are a complete and utter waste of resources/time.
On the other hand, the Lake Superior tree is already at the 4th stage, so just a little longer to get the final stage, and there's still over 1.5 days to do it.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm standing at the LS Vesper tree now (8:45AM CST). It's at stage three. Large tree, no lights. Pretty sure it only has the rest of today before this cycle ends.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry, I thought large tree was stage 4.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not "sure" of anything regarding this festival. Every time I think I have it figured out, it seems to me that something changes. I'm pretty sure that different shards not only have different schedules, but different completion levels. No proof of this, just a gut feeling based the level of activity I experienced while I was at the given festival areas. I, for one, am very glad it's ending. Was fun, but I think it has run its course.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not "sure" of anything regarding this festival. Every time I think I have it figured out, it seems to me that something changes. I'm pretty sure that different shards not only have different schedules, but different completion levels. No proof of this, just a gut feeling based the level of activity I experienced while I was at the given festival areas. I, for one, am very glad it's ending. Was fun, but I think it has run its course.
It's pretty simple.

Each shard has the same goal: Complete all 5 stages of the tree within 3 days. On the 4th day, the large reward bag appears for players to click and receive a gift if they earned it. You CANNOT turn in a bod(s) once the reward bag has appeared for that city.

5 stages of the tree: Charlie Brown tree, small green tree, large bare green tree, large green tree with ornaments, large green tree with ornaments, lights and a star on top. If you reach the "star on top" stage, then your shard completed the final stage of the tree and everyone who donated a bod will receive a reward if they click the reward bag.

The issue on this last tree/city is that the reward bag would appear on a day after the DEV team stated the event has already ended.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah. It's an either/or. Either they can't read a calendar, or the can't explain how something is gonna work.

Either way, kinda sux

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For the record, the Vesper Artisan Festival did complete on Jan 1st, though it popped a lil late on Siege. Yay!

Happy New Year, Sosaria!