• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

need help with stone pavers

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So recently i got a stone keep, it has a 4th floor, i tried placing grass tiles on top of the stone pavers, well they glitch out badly when ya do that, so i decided to remove the stone pavers and replace them with grass tiles, well when i double click the pavers to unlock them it says i cant reach em even though im standing on them or right next to them

Blackweb

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I was having the same problem with them sitting there. I was able to get to them by using the house decorating tool, lowering them, then going down a level and unlocking them. I tried to just leave the grass there, but it dropped it down a lot, basically sitting on the level below. If I figure out how to make them work, I will let you know.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you'll be able to replace the stone tiles with grass tiles. They don't work the same way. Upper floors have only ever been built with goza mats before we had stone tiles. You might get away with placing grass tiles on the stone tiles and then raising them one click with the decorator tool.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If grass tiles work the same as snow tiles, you have to raise the grass tiles once, after they are locked down on top of the paver, to keep them from dropping a level.

Gozas will go above the z-cap that pavers, snow/grass tiles, or stonework have (my assumption is that it is anything with 'house only' sub-tag).

From my experience, it seems that there is always a "floor" that your character is standing on. Any item that has its base resting below your character's "floor" may come back with 'target not seen'. Just double-click it to raise it again, raise it until it clears the tile you are standing on, and you should be able to then unlock and remove it.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well after messing it with for a full day i finaly admited defeat, i could get part of the floor switched to grass tiles from raising them up form the lvl below, but then i kept falling threw random tiles, other issue i could not reslove is that it would not let me raise the grass tiles along the edge, i would raise as high as i could from one lvl down, then run up to the next lvl raise em the rest of the way up, but the ones on the edge kept saying you cant raise this object any higher.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when i made my floating treasure room above my castle i had the same problem when i transitioned from the stone tiles to the grass.
if memory serves me correctly i had to lower the stone tiles 1 than put the grass on top so they where the same level as the other stone tiles.

i just went and checked and ya, my stone tiles are at 70 and so is my grass so the tiles below the grass are at 69.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well after messing it with for a full day i finaly admited defeat, i could get part of the floor switched to grass tiles from raising them up form the lvl below, but then i kept falling threw random tiles, other issue i could not reslove is that it would not let me raise the grass tiles along the edge, i would raise as high as i could from one lvl down, then run up to the next lvl raise em the rest of the way up, but the ones on the edge kept saying you cant raise this object any higher.
did you try to ride the tiles up?
i found sometimes it was easier to place down 2 tiles and move between them as i raised them.
so raise one 3 times than move over to it, turn and raise the one i just left 6 times and move over to it, turn and raise the one i just left 6 and keep doing that to ride them up to the height i needed.
pain in the bumpkin.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when i made my floating treasure room above my castle i had the same problem when i transitioned from the stone tiles to the grass.
if memory serves me correctly i had to lower the stone tiles 1 than put the grass on top so they where the same level as the other stone tiles.

i just went and checked and ya, my stone tiles are at 70 and so is my grass so the tiles below the grass are at 69.

how do you tell what number they are at?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sextant.
it gives you the X, Y and now the Z axis.
it will be the last number it gives you.

overhead it will say something like 97' 45N, 23' 12W
and down in the corner of your screen in the journal part it will say
w3, 993, 512, -5

the -5 is your Z axis or height.

Last edited: