• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

receiving BOD question

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, riddle me this.....

how do we get different levels of BODs?

i know its dependent upon skill level but is it dependent upon min of the item to make vs skill?

example.... if im trying to fill a low end Large Alchemy BOD and it needs Lesser cure/heal/poison and explosion smalls to fill it.

so i went and picked up 0.1 skill on a bunch of guys to get a bunch of BODs in an attempt to fill this Large BOD.
but i noticed after 100 BODs that i was getting all the lesser's except the Lesser Explosion one.
so i went and checked and the other 3 have a min skill of 0 but the explosion one has a min skill of 5.

so if i where to buy up to 5.1 alchemy skill would i then have a chance at getting a Lesser Explosion BOD?

anyone know?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since bods can be used to train a skill, up to 70, I'd say that's a 'yes'.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I would agree with Petra. I actually just got a lesser explo BOD, char has 29.3 Alchy. Out of the 75 Alchy BODs that I have I now have 4 lesser explo BODs

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am still not sure skill weighs in, no matter what is said. My legendary smith and tailor routinely pull in loads of low level weapon bods and hats bods, 10 ct non except.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still not sure skill weighs in, no matter what is said. My legendary smith and tailor routinely pull in loads of low level weapon bods and hats bods, 10 ct non except.
Skill is only a factor up to 70, up to that level you will be given bods that will help you advance your skill. After 70 you can get anything in the range, lowest to highest, so yes, your legendary crafter will still get lowest level bods.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill is only a factor up to 70, up to that level you will be given bods that will help you advance your skill. After 70 you can get anything in the range, lowest to highest, so yes, your legendary crafter will still get lowest level bods.
Andy by "still" you mean mostly. I get weapon bods 60% of the time on my Legendary Smith, one of the reasons I quit doing bods years ago.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was getting my bods in Zento since everything is close. Im on Siege, I then went to Moonglow and a few other towns and found Im getting different and better bods in those places. Im gm or a bit better in all crafts but scribe.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i guess for giggles i could put 5.1 alchy on my guys and go pull another 100 and see if i get one, eh?
that would let us know for sure.
or with the RNG for-sure-ish

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My 65 inscription does not get the highest spells or books. Also have not received any large BOD.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've still not gotten a lesser explosion BOD, and I'm GM - in fact, of all the potion BODs, the only one I've gotten all parts to (and would have to bribe them up) is the Toxins LBOD, and I don't have the resources to make the parasitic or darkglow to fill those smalls, because I stopped keeping more than 100 of those after they proved to be something I wouldn't use in combat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My 100 alchemist gets a fewer amount of lesser. I did get 1 today.

Here is the question. Will any explosion fill that BOD?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it specifically says lesser or nothing (regular) or greater on them.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i had been collecting alchy BODs on my alchemists on a bunch of different shards and found that i had a lesser explosion 10 on cats..... sooooooooooooooo off to cats i went to get it.

im still going to collect all those BODs with the guys i skilled up to 5.1 tomorrow when they can get their next infusion of 3 BODs to see if in fact work and ill report back with my findings.
*crisp salute*

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm finding after the "bod revamp", I no longer get bods that are close to my chars skill level, a bod that can be used to skill up with. Most , if not all, are way lower than what I can skill up on. I have chars at different skill levels just to get bods that are close to their skill level, but that doesn't seem to work now.

Also, my fletcher, with 30 skill level, gets bods that are too high for that char to even use.

And, why did they take away receiving gold and getting city loyalty when you turn a bod in to the a npc that gives bods? I'm not talking about when you turn them in to the elf to make the tree grow.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've still not gotten a lesser explosion BOD, and I'm GM - in fact, of all the potion BODs, the only one I've gotten all parts to (and would have to bribe them up) is the Toxins LBOD, and I don't have the resources to make the parasitic or darkglow to fill those smalls, because I stopped keeping more than 100 of those after they proved to be something I wouldn't use in combat.
Remember that parasitic and darkglow poison are two of the potions that can be gotten from King's Collection Barrel sponge, also parasitic can sometimes be found in the hidden boxes in Exodus. I spent an hour hunting the boxes yesterday and came back with 24 bottles. Rather longer than it would take to make them, but considerably less time than to farm the resources and make them.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i guess for giggles i could put 5.1 alchy on my guys and go pull another 100 and see if i get one, eh?
that would let us know for sure.
or with the RNG for-sure-ish
Yes, that would be a way to test the theory. Unlike Frodo who just 'claims' 60%' weapon is inaccurate. Go turn in 100 bods with a 120 smith and get 120 new ones. I'll bet you have 6
WOW the RNG must really love you that you only get %60 wep bods, wish I had your real luck.
Just did a pull of 40 bods on a 120 smith.

17 were weapon bods, 2 larges, rest colorable bods

Thats 42.5% weapon smalls and 5% larges. Rest were colorable bods (armor/shield smalls).

And how did I pull 40? I turned in 40 POF smalls. Every time I get another Powder Keg from Tinkering I fill it with powder. Working on my 5th one now. Over 1,000 charges of POF stored up.

By far the most useful item added to the bod rewards - the Keg for Pof.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I drop the weapons and shields except daggers right now because they are inexpensive elf turn ins. 42.5% is too high imo.

By far the most useful item added to the bod rewards - the Keg for Pof.
Agree :thumbup1: Only because I don't look good in pink or the color tones.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The actual breakdown for smith small BOD pulls (after the 8% chance for a large) is (from a pool of 100% - multiply numbers below by 0.92 if you want numbers with the larges included)

70.0-109.9 Weapons 50%/Iron non-combinables 11.458%/Iron Armor 13.542%/Color non-combinables 11.458%/Color Armor 13.542%
110.0-119.9 Weapons 50%/Iron non-combinables 6.875%/Iron Armor 8.125%/Color non-combinables 16.042%/Color Armor 19.958%
120.0 Weapons 50%/Iron non-combinables 2.292%/Iron Armor 2.708%/Color non-combinables 20.625%/Color Armor 24.375%

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The actual breakdown for smith small BOD pulls (after the 8% chance for a large) is (from a pool of 100% - multiply numbers below by 0.92 if you want numbers with the larges included)

70.0-109.9 Weapons 50%/Iron non-combinables 11.458%/Iron Armor 13.542%/Color non-combinables 11.458%/Color Armor 13.542%
110.0-119.9 Weapons 50%/Iron non-combinables 6.875%/Iron Armor 8.125%/Color non-combinables 16.042%/Color Armor 19.958%
120.0 Weapons 50%/Iron non-combinables 2.292%/Iron Armor 2.708%/Color non-combinables 20.625%/Color Armor 24.375%
Your numbers hurt my eyes. Ill just believe the 60% crap poster.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

And that is if, I mean big IF, the RNG loves you.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I went, once again, and got my three bods for the day. 2 weapon and one iron shield. Only one except. Either I am the unluckiest man ever, or yall are just super lucky.