• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

for Pancakes sake! Inscription BOD - Runic Atlas???

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
for Pancakes sake! (inside joke between me and Cpt Norty!)

so ive been collecting inscription BODs since they came out with the new ones and ive been plugging away to fill my large BOD and on it it has 'Runic Atlas 20'

now, while its well known the RNG hates me ive collected over 400 BODs with GM inscription and i have yet to see a Runic Atlas of any size show up.

is there something im missing here?
did they not toggle the runic atlas on the BODs or something???

has anyone gotten one!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
0 for 171 here.
Don't have the large that requires it either.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I got one. It ate 3 filled runic atlas of mine when I filled it with the option to auto fill from a container.
Fun times.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

sorry, i just found that insanely funny!
that so sounds like something i would probably have done!!!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well on the plus side at least we know that they are dropping, haha!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have been trashing them since.
A 20 runic atlas bod takes just too much material to fill. It takes 360 blanks scrolls alone, plus all the other scrolls and blank runes. You can't fit it in a bag to make it safely to then use the auto fill.
They are ticking bombs.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd think twice before throwing those rune atlas sbods away. As far as I'm aware there is only ONE lbod that gives that spellbook improvement talisman, and that lbod calls for 20 rune atlas sbod. :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a whole load of sbods not worth doing because teh points given is so low in relation to the goods and time it takes to make them.

They need to either be taken out or the points adjusted severely

Starry Icye

Adventurer
You use spell level 1-3 bods to get the better ones.

I have gotten 2 of the large bods and 3 runic atlas small bods. My unicorn is Spellbooks.

Also any word on when they are going to fix the Tailsman and dyes for Scrapper's?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for Pancakes sake! (inside joke between me and Cpt Norty!)

so ive been collecting inscription BODs since they came out with the new ones and ive been plugging away to fill my large BOD and on it it has 'Runic Atlas 20'

now, while its well known the RNG hates me ive collected over 400 BODs with GM inscription and i have yet to see a Runic Atlas of any size show up.

is there something im missing here?
did they not toggle the runic atlas on the BODs or something???

has anyone gotten one!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I think I got a small runic atlas BOD either on Origin, Sonoma, or Atlantic last week. Will look for you tomorrow if you want it. Can't remember what the quantity was but I'm guessing you can bribe it up to 20 if necessary.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have got atleast 3 smalls but collected a few hundreds. Didnt use them yet but gave one to a friend that used the talisman and was pleased with the result.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd think twice before throwing those rune atlas sbods away. As far as I'm aware there is only ONE lbod that gives that spellbook improvement talisman, and that lbod calls for 20 rune atlas sbod. :p
It doesn't work with scrappers, nor warrants that you will get 3 mods on a single spellbook, so no point to actually get it for now. :p

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone received the small BOD for Runic Atlas on a character that does not have the recipe?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
good question

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can also answer that.
Yes. I got it on my second GM scribe, who never ate the recipe to make them.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would say that it is possible to receive it without a recipe, since I got three tiered cake bods without having the recipe for them

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should add the runic atlas recipe as a low-end inscription reward, say at 200 points.

Gingerbread cookie and chocolate nutcracker recipe as a cooking reward, also at 200 points.

Both 18th Anniversary vases to carpentry, also at 200 points.

Should add the weathered bronze statues to tinkering at the same time, still 200 points.

@Kyronix

Edited to add other recipes.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Along with Blackrock stew if it's not in there already
You get that recipe from the ophidians in the desert of the Lost lands when you earn enough loyalty.

The rotworm stew comes from Jaacar the Gray Goblin in the Underworld.

Fezzik the Ogre Chef on level two of Wrong has the three tier cake recipe (nasty fight, bring friends).

No need to invalidate guaranteed drop/questy-type content. Homes just need to be found for the recipes that have no current way to be obtained.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You get that recipe from the ophidians in the desert of the Lost lands when you earn enough loyalty.

The rotworm stew comes from Jaacar the Gray Goblin in the Underworld.

Fezzik the Ogre Chef on level two of Wrong has the three tier cake recipe (nasty fight, bring friends).

No need to invalidate guaranteed drop/questy-type content. Homes just need to be found for the recipes that have no current way to be obtained.
Wasn't sure you could still earn loyalty to the Ophidians to get the Blackrock Stew Recipe...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't sure you could still earn loyalty to the Ophidians to get the Blackrock Stew Recipe...
Kill Terathans at/in their keep to gain loyalty to the Ophidians. It's a long slog, but it works.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually you can do it super quick if you go do a Arachnid Champion Spawn solo.
get it up to level 2 than just gorge yourself on them till your loyalty full.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trashing them since.
A 20 runic atlas bod takes just too much material to fill. It takes 360 blanks scrolls alone, plus all the other scrolls and blank runes. You can't fit it in a bag to make it safely to then use the auto fill.
They are ticking bombs.
you don't have to make them all at once, make as many as you can hold materials for, autofill those, then start over. It's what I do with some of the carpentry bods that are too heavy to hold.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure I can find a couple of the smalls going spare on Europa if anyone wants one. Gimme a shout here - game time will be patchy until such times as I'm sure the power is actually staying on and not going to go off in the middle of a dungeon somewhere!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is there a way to tell what recipes you've eaten? I've completely forgot what char I put it on.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to tell what recipes you've eaten? I've completely forgot what char I put it on.
Yea, go through your crafting tools and open the info tab for each craft-able item... it says at the bottom of the gump in red "you have not learned this recipe" if you don't know it, now, go through each craft-able item that needs a recipe which each crafting tool/skill (it's a lot)

It's really not user-friendly at all...

...carpal tunnel awaits.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yea, go through your crafting tools and open the info tab for each craft-able item... it says at the bottom of the gump in red "you have not learned this recipe" if you don't know it, now, go through each craft-able item that needs a recipe which each crafting tool/skill (it's a lot)

It's really not user-friendly at all...

...carpal tunnel awaits.

Ah, that's horrendous.

Wonder why we dont have a tab or list somewhere that tells you recipes learned for that character?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, that's horrendous.

Wonder why we dont have a tab or list somewhere that tells you recipes learned for that character?
Or maybe a reminder list telling us which recipes we need still...that way its getting shorter instead of longer :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you use the EC with Pinco's, there is a button that looks like a recipe scroll near the bottom left corner of the advanced crafting gump. Clicking that will tell you all the recipes that character is missing for the selected skill.