• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Kryonix & Devs - Runic Charge Tool Limit

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You allowed us to combine runic charges up to 100 but have no idea why there is a limit.

In our BBQ Smoker we can put 5,000 uses.
POF Kegs go to 250 charges
You can craft tinker, fletching, pens etc all well over 100 and some over 200

Can you please for the love of all that is holy let us combine runic tools up to at least 500?
DC Hammers are 50 charges. 100 caps us at combining 2.
At 500 at least I can combine 10 of them.

I haven't the slightest idea why this artificially low number was chosen. With reforging you run through these things like crazy. Nice to have a tool stored up with a bunch of charges.

Thanks

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. Reforging eats them like crazy. And to be honest, I rarely use runics for anything but reforging - especially the lower end ones.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Now we are at it, could we increase the charges on high level runic, 15 charges are only 2 try when it comes to reforging.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now we are at it, could we increase the charges on high level runic, 15 charges are only 2 try when it comes to reforging.
Yeah this ^^ 15 charges were fine when used for making 15 parts of armor but for the newer systems like reforging two shots and they are gone

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd be fine if all runics came with 35 charges. DC would get nerfed down but they are so easy to get now especially with bod changes and no one really uses them much anyways. The bronze and up's need more charges to actually make stuff with them. At one point Val hammers were really rare with less charges and difficult bods becuase they were overpowered compared to other weapons. Now you can grab a cursed weapon from any hunting run that out mod's a val crafted item. Val crafted isn't what it used to be for sure.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You allowed us to combine runic charges up to 100 but have no idea why there is a limit.

In our BBQ Smoker we can put 5,000 uses.
POF Kegs go to 250 charges
You can craft tinker, fletching, pens etc all well over 100 and some over 200

Can you please for the love of all that is holy let us combine runic tools up to at least 500?
DC Hammers are 50 charges. 100 caps us at combining 2.
At 500 at least I can combine 10 of them.

I haven't the slightest idea why this artificially low number was chosen. With reforging you run through these things like crazy. Nice to have a tool stored up with a bunch of charges.

Thanks
I'm sure it was limited due to duping.

Could you imagine duping 500 charge runic hammer or barbed kit?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Here we go with the most idiotic argument. There are event items that are worth hundreds of millions that would be a target first. No one should limit a game because duping 'might' happen. I can have a bod book with 500 completed bods for a val hammer which is way more than 500 charges in one hammer.

Edit : Val hammer with 15 charges is currently worth about 5m if you are lucky in selling it. 500 charges would be 33 hammers or about 150m. Compare to a transfer token thats worth 80 mil. Or most event items worth 100 to 200m. The duping idea is nonsense. Better get rid of 500 slot bod books because I could have 500 completed valorite hammer larges in there and dupe that. Better reduce books to 6 bods to stay in line with 100 charge hammers.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's my two cents...

Back when first introduced 15 charges made sense... harder to get... uses were you just used one charge per item... random garbage produced might get 2 nice ok useables...

Fast forward awhile the market was flooded with ruinics... and runic crafted armor was everywhere...

Fast forward more... Imbuing and Reforging introduced... the supply was vast and the charges still made sense...

Fast forward more... demand is still high but the glut of runics is now swallowed up by reforging experiments and now 15 seems like a very small amount since demand is still high but supply is now low.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here we go with the most idiotic argument. There are event items that are worth hundreds of millions that would be a target first. No one should limit a game because duping 'might' happen. I can have a bod book with 500 completed bods for a val hammer which is way more than 500 charges in one hammer.
I think it'd be narrow sighted to assume they're not duping those.

Not everyone wants a random event item.

Could be wrong though, since reforging took a back seat to legendaries.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here's my two cents...

Back when first introduced 15 charges made sense... harder to get... uses were you just used one charge per item... random garbage produced might get 2 nice ok useables...

Fast forward awhile the market was flooded with ruinics... and runic crafted armor was everywhere...

Fast forward more... Imbuing and Reforging introduced... the supply was vast and the charges still made sense...

Fast forward more... demand is still high but the glut of runics is now swallowed up by reforging experiments and now 15 seems like a very small amount since demand is still high but supply is now low.

Are you referring to the same argument?

It seems you are asking for the rewards to have more charges vs a higher combo amount.

I get the space saving bit by combining runics but not giving more charges for the reward.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Edit : Val hammer with 15 charges is currently worth about 5m if you are lucky in selling it. 500 charges would be 33 hammers or about 150m. Compare to a transfer token thats worth 80 mil. Or most event items worth 100 to 200m. The duping idea is nonsense. Better get rid of 500 slot bod books because I could have 500 completed valorite hammer larges in there and dupe that. Better reduce books to 6 bods to stay in line with 100 charge hammers.
I hate to tell you this @Theo_GL but @OREOGL is %100 right. We did not have all this uber loot and event items when Runic Hammers came out, just incase you didn't know that and the most sought after items were in fact made with Val Runic Hammers and later Barbed Runic Sewing Kits. Even when we were able to combine them Runic made Weps and Suits were still in very high demand so yes the Devs back then put a way lower limit on the MAX charges because DUPING Runics was a MAJOR problem.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Didn't see the edit since you did it after I replied.

It'd be worth about 167m for a 500 charge hammer. You dupe even two of those it's 334m. Granted when that started happening I'm pretty sure the price would drop.

No one would dupe the means when they can dupe the end product. So your BOD logic doesn't hold much weight there.

Regardless, duping is probably one of the reasons why they limited it. When they first came out you'd only burn a charge for some decent armor and event items weren't really as abundant.

Could they revisit it now? Probably.
I wouldn't expect it to change though.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
waste of time. they just need to make crafting semi-comparable to new loot. 5 to 6 mods vs 10, 12 or more. theres a huge gap. then again I do think we are powerful enough. just my opinions

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It'd be worth about 167m for a 500 charge hammer. You dupe even two of those it's 334m. Granted when that started happening I'm pretty sure the price would drop.

No one would dupe the means when they can dupe the end product. So your BOD logic doesn't hold much weight there.

Regardless, duping is probably one of the reasons why they limited it. When they first came out you'd only burn a charge for some decent armor and event items weren't really as abundant.

You guys are so delusional its funny.

When duping with shard crashing was possible the BEST thing to dupe was a completed bod because when you turned it in - you got a UNIQUE ID's val hammer that would never look duped. A duped one would . It was the equivalent of money laundering UO style.

Bod book - 500 bods. I have one with a dozen completed val larges. Thats worth more than a 100 charge hammer. The artificial limit is nonsense. Hammer and Sewing Kits should go to 500 at least.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have a bunch of val and barbed runics collecting dust. Bought a forged metal tool. Haven't seen any crafted item worth using it on. They cant make anything close to what monsters drop now. You and Frodo need to get out of the past, or ill use my silver sword of vanquishing on you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are you referring to the same argument?

It seems you are asking for the rewards to have more charges vs a higher combo amount.

I get the space saving bit by combining runics but not giving more charges for the reward.
I'm all for space saving... anything that can be done in that regard gets my vote.

As for more charges... I can see the argument but my thoughts are I honestly don't see them adding more. Since from what I gather things are easier to work towards now.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG You people are so funny. We did not say anything about today but some people on here have little to no clue at all when things happened and can only think in the now. We said why they were done in the past and sorry if you can not deal with FACTS. And it was the HAMMERS themselves that were duped not the BODs because if that were the case then Bod Books with 500 filled BODs would have been duped and they were not.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You guys are so delusional its funny.

When duping with shard crashing was possible the BEST thing to dupe was a completed bod because when you turned it in - you got a UNIQUE ID's val hammer that would never look duped. A duped one would . It was the equivalent of money laundering UO style.

Bod book - 500 bods. I have one with a dozen completed val larges. Thats worth more than a 100 charge hammer. The artificial limit is nonsense. Hammer and Sewing Kits should go to 500 at least.

Sure buddy, they duped nothing but bods...

:coco:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a bunch of val and barbed runics collecting dust. Bought a forged metal tool. Haven't seen any crafted item worth using it on. They cant make anything close to what monsters drop now. You and Frodo need to get out of the past, or ill use my silver sword of vanquishing on you.
The reforging or imbuing system doesn't really compete against legendaries.

Regardless, they were limited for that reason.

Though, would you see people still dupe 500 runic kits? Probably

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG You people are so funny. We did not say anything about today but some people on here have little to no clue at all when things happened and can only think in the now. We said why they were done in the past and sorry if you can not deal with FACTS. And it was the HAMMERS themselves that were duped not the BODs because if that were the case then Bod Books with 500 filled BODs would have been duped and they were not.
Then why the hell are you bringing it up now. Who cares what was duped 10 years ago. Move on and let runics have more charges. And look right above this post. Your buddy thinks they still will be duped. Or was that we, you and the mouse in your pocket. :lol:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then why the hell are you bringing it up now. Who cares what was duped 10 years ago. Move on and let runics have more charges. And look right above this post. Your buddy thinks they still will be duped. Or was that we, you and the mouse in your pocket. :lol:
I don't know, maybe you should ask @Theo_GL and yourself that question and he is talking about if they were 500 uses and not in their current state. Just trying to educate the clueless.:lol:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It started out as reasoning why they did not have larger caps.

But yes, they'd probably still be duped just like everything else.