• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shock Horror Atlantic fail on 3 Elf Trees ... 3 and 3...bummer!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick report and News Bullitin.....

Ouch....Even with the other 26 shards helping them !!!! Atlantic fail at moonglow elf tree ...OMG ...Lolz....

Down to 3 and 1!!!

Looks like Smaller shards with little or No help form others shards will show them the way to go!!!!

Few shards are till 4 and 0!!

THP- Legendary LandStalker

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u will sometimes its not the point.... ATL fail even with 26 other shards contributing.....LOlz

the smaller shards at 4 and 0 will show there strength in gameplay NOT bling

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i mean i think everyone already did enough to get what they want, and prices have come down where any people are missing can just be bought for cheap. it was fun for the first one or two but the events basically over now. the artisan festival was well done, but cant expect it to go on forever.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah you'll have that when people complain about Atlantic going to fast and the smaller shards being to hard. I guess they showed us lol.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Typical. The 15 minutes of Fame are over. On to waiting for the next greatest thing. Boy I hope I'm not disappointed w the next patch....Hehe JK...Of course I'll be disappointed ... But then there's the next one... Why do we play again?!?!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it was fun to do twice but really there are only 16 gifts and if you run through 28 guys twice thats 56 gifts (that is what i did)
if you didnt get all 16 by running through 56 guys that the RNG hates you (me in this case)big time, but i got them all 3 times over.

interesting though, first time i ran through it i got 90% green stuff because most of my guys had good karma.
so i planned ahead and the 2nd time i did it i put a Cloak of Corruption on my guys for a minute each to get them negative in karma so most all of my gifts the 2nd time through where the red ones.

so ya, i had fun, was done very well i think, i hope they do it again next year with new pixil crack!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was fun to do twice but really there are only 16 gifts and if you run through 28 guys twice thats 56 gifts (that is what i did)
if you didnt get all 16 by running through 56 guys that the RNG hates you (me in this case)big time, but i got them all 3 times over.

interesting though, first time i ran through it i got 90% green stuff because most of my guys had good karma.
so i planned ahead and the 2nd time i did it i put a Cloak of Corruption on my guys for a minute each to get them negative in karma so most all of my gifts the 2nd time through where the red ones.

so ya, i had fun, was done very well i think, i hope they do it again next year with new pixil crack!
What ???16 gifts ?? who gives a monkey about those??
Methinks its the 100 different box colours thats the goal/aim....jeepers....muahhahahaaaaa...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What ???16 gifts ?? who gives a monkey about those??
Methinks its the 100 different box colours thats the goal/aim....jeepers....muahhahahaaaaa...
i had considered doing it than i totally gave up on it, haha!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm .. i will be buying odd box colours i guess..... because the RNG always hates me... i would expect 90-95% out of approx 500 boxes...so hopefully buying 5 -10 ...we will see

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
are there any neat/rare colored "named" boxes or are they just all the hues of the regular cloth dye tub?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The publish notes just say:

• Rewards come in a new collectible holiday box available in a variety of hues.
That doesn't indicate there are rare hues like with the token-generated boxes.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The boxes are only hues 2-101. It's the player name on the elf boxes that was the treat.

Personally, I think the trees are scaled too much, even for Atlantic. There's a group of us who've been tossing BODs at the trees in Moonglow and now Magincia on Atlantic round the clock, and it's still not advancing to the final stage. It hit level 4 around 4 or 5 pm on Mon, and even with 3+ crafters sitting there throwing bods in as fast as they can be filled, nothing. I'm hearing the same from Chessie and a few other shards that have been pushing but not getting to final stage.

If nothing else, it'd be really nice if a) there were an anvil and forge placed near the trees, so smiths can chat with the rest of the crafters while filling BODs, and b) a displayed progress counter, like the statue near the WBB, so we can see if it's hopeless, or how close we are to the next lelel. At the moment, it's a total shot in the dark, and ever more hopeless when you've been crafting 8+ hours without visible effect.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The system as far as getting the tree through the stages of growth is based more on the banking points. So you can do the easy cloth bods worth like .25 or .50 of a point or a LBOD smith one worth 130 bank points. I'm just hoping to have a fully grown tree for xmas day on Europa.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GL's has advanced the New Magincia tree already...
This took 208 large BODs mostly junk smithy iron and Dull Copper averaging 120 points each. Yes it is based on bank point value, Kronix confirmed this a while ago. Magincia is my home, although I live in Felucca, I really appreciated all the work GTO did with the plants decorating that I had to advance the tree right away for all to enjoy.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone on Atlantic tested the amount of points it takes to get the tree through its phases?

On Siege it's as follows:

Charlie Brown - 1000 points = 20% gifts
Small Tree - 2000 points = 40% gifts
Large Tree - 4000 points = 60% gifts
Large Tree /w lights - 8000 points = 80% gifts
Christmas Tree - 16000 points = 100% gifts

(% Gifts is the amount of people who get gifts, based on the phase the tree is in, when Santa's elf returns with his bag of goodies.)

Unless you just want the star on top of your tree, it's actually better to get it to the large tree with lights as the next level costs as much as all the other levels combined. In other words, 1 Christmas tree equals 2 large trees with lights. We have gotten most of ours to the large tree or large tree /w lights but this next one we are going for the Star so we can have one up for Christmas.

We also have Stewards setup in various places, with junk BoDs, for anyone who wants to come to siege and add a BoD for a chance at a present on siege.

P.S. The above stats are from a shard wide effort. I believe there is a post on the Siege page about it also.

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice Razz I am assuming that is not banking points that you are listing or is it? I will try and place some bods on siege for xmas and hope to get a box for there. I'm pretty amazed that Siege has done so well, you have some pretty dedicated players on that shard!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice Razz I am assuming that is not banking points that you are listing or is it? I will try and place some bods on siege for xmas and hope to get a box for there. I'm pretty amazed that Siege has done so well, you have some pretty dedicated players on that shard!
I think you will find out that those are Banking Points. It takes a lot of LBODs to advance the TREE.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I keep forgetting to do this when I log on because I focus on my castle decorating. I need to do this while i have days of this week and next....

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IC so if you have 31,000 banking points needed for star and you took an average Smith LBOD at lets say 130 banking points you would need about 240 of them needed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
IC so if you have 31,000 banking points needed for star and you took an average Smith LBOD at lets say 130 banking points you would need about 240 of them needed.
Yes that's correct

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the tree for xmas day be at next the city after Magicana, or the one after that city?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Failed again. I got 6 of 14. I didn't get the odds.

Next is Skara at the docks. Right in front of the inn.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another atl fail at Magincia... atlantic go 3 and 2...oh my

off hand ....100% shards include GL Asuka and Hokuto are all 5 and 0...theres prob others

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
another atl fail at Magincia... atlantic go 3 and 2...oh my

off hand ....100% shards incluse GL Asuka and Hokuto are all 5 and 0...theres prob others
LOL
well some of us would rather do stuff than fill bods for 3 days in a row...besides, how many pillows and paintings does a person need?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
depends if u want all 100 box colours for a nice xmas set...well worth it ....dont you think??

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried to dye these boxes, my guess is they can not be dyed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Becca just placed the star on top of the Skara tree on Siege :danceb::banana::cheerleader:Christmas gift to all :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet i will have to get some boxes on siege, have not played there in oh 17 years err maybe I will get the itch to play there again. Just need more playing time, these bods are keeping me busy in the game, and I have not even tried 3 or four of the news ones yet. Gratz on Siege!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
think ATL gona go 3 And 3...looks like another fail in Skara.....small unloved shard it is...lolz

Congrats on GL They deffo 6 and 6

and Hokuto and Asuka may just do the same in last 1/2 day of Skara

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND thanks Siege bodder.. 2 outta 6 is about the going rate for most reasonably active shards!!!!....aka europa [my home] is 1 outta 6....so well done all

ill go do 2 x 200 gold bods for 2 siege players ....for 2 nice xmas boxes for my new white xmas tree display in my siege Keep...

merry xmas Siege!!!! xxxxxxxxx

tips below for all ......tips his hat......enjoy!!

again...[last chance saloon] ....GL are already star in Skara!!! 6 outta 6 trees!!! AND Hokuto and Asuka are nearly there should too they should make it!!! ..Meaning all 3 shards for 6 from 6 trees!!!!...thats awesome bodding!!! by all on those 3 shards ....The only 3 shards out the 27 to do this feat...can they do them all????

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Smiles, trust me, it was hard work, think it was a very expensive Christmas for us all and we almost forgot all on our RL to do before Christmas but it was great to make it both times.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure it was all on a timer whenit was put up, and you know, with calendar reading skills and all... well, nm

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
think ATL gona go 3 And 3...looks like another fail in Skara.....small unloved shard it is...lolz

Congrats on GL They deffo 6 and 6

and Hokuto and Asuka may just do the same in last 1/2 day of Skara
Well, the three or so of us who've been camped at the Atl tree doing BODs non-stop tried. I personally tossed around 1700 BODs in to Skara. I've also given out at least 1800 spined and horned kit bods to the other guys, who were filling as many of those LBODs as they could, also entirely for Skara. With so little effect from all these, I almost think Atlantic's required point totals must be higher than elsewhere.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The packages in Magencia and skara are still on LS. The others just have tree and bag. At least the trees have stayed so far.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the three or so of us who've been camped at the Atl tree doing BODs non-stop tried. I personally tossed around 1700 BODs in to Skara. I've also given out at least 1800 spined and horned kit bods to the other guys, who were filling as many of those LBODs as they could, also entirely for Skara. With so little effect from all these, I almost think Atlantic's required point totals must be higher than elsewhere.
very strange metunkinl 1700/1800 bods would have popped the star on quite shards alone,,,bear in mond most quite shards today are 100 players top...oh well...

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Large bods or small bods? If they were small they will hardly put a dent in the tree

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to my wonderful guildmates, Skara Brae Sonoma presented Governor Clym of Clough with a full-blown star topped tree shortly after the start time so we had a lovely tree for Christmas Day. Thank you all so very much and may everyone in UO (and the whole world) have a Very Merry Christmas!!