• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SSI Changes..Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just giving SSI ideas, don't say they are fine the way the are. Come up with ideas wether people hate them or love them. Here's my attempt

Cap: 60% Swing Speed

Swing Speed Caps are designated by Weapon Skill + Tactics

5% per 10 points (Real Skill)
120 Swords-120 Tactics : 60% Cap
110 Swords-120 Tactics: 55% Cap
110 Swords- 110 Tactics: 50% Cap
100 Swords- 110 Tactics: 45% Cap
100 Swords - 100 Tactics:40% Cap

..so for maximum efficiency which is still Attainable you would have to have 120/120 real skill. Swing ticks still work on dex. So yes there will still be a need to be a pure Warrior for the max benefit, hybrid templates are still effective just have small consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about we leave swing speed alone and deal with balancing DPS through base weapon damage...??

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
SSI = Swing Speed Increase. Therefore I think swap in Dex value for Tactics. Make your Dex an effective part of using a melee weapon. Also, adjust the Dex requirement to 100 max as not everyone may have the space for a 120. <shrug>

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about we leave swing speed alone and deal with balancing DPS through base weapon damage...??
And apparently you can't read! jk. I think he's looking specifically this is the route he wants to go. I'm suggesting with coming up with a better way or solution that the masses could be happy about. DPS has a lot to do with how fast you hit. If the hammer this out hammering out future weapons and base damage would be less daunting.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SSI = Swing Speed Increase. Therefore I think swap in Dex value for Tactics. Make your Dex an effective part of using a melee weapon. Also, adjust the Dex requirement to 100 max as not everyone may have the space for a 120. <shrug>
The reason I'm against this is not because it isn't the logical way. It's just it's very easy in today's UO to be 150hp/210 Stam/150 int with very little effort. Adjusting swing would make suits easier to put together, and make it less Item intensive. Especially if you only need 5 ssi to be at max swing you could effectively drop weapon skill or tactics, then it's just compromising for the damage you'd lose.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There is a new update today. The SSI changes are being removed and replaced by a new range weapon damage calculation update

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a new update today. The SSI changes are being removed and replaced by a new range weapon damage calculation update
Oh see I'm behind, where's the updated patch notes

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.