• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holly fist nerf poll

Should holly fist be nerfed by adding a cool down timer?

• Total voters

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's a little out of hand. Its damage is comparable to an armor ignore, and can be spammed / cast a little too fast.

Personally I think there should be a 30 second+ cool down timer for it.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
27 damage is not much
27? They must have low karma, unless you're an elf. If you're at max karma, you don't even need to curse someone to hit max (assuming it's a human/gargoyle target)

There are ways to deal with it though. Hint: Necromancy.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
27? They must have low karma, unless you're an elf. If you're at max karma, you don't even need to curse someone to hit max (assuming it's a human/gargoyle target)

There are ways to deal with it though. Hint: Necromancy.

Yeah, there are ways to deal with it. Still no reason a spell should deal 34dmg every two seconds.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes I'm talking about elves. Doesn't come close to 35 against 75 energy resist

And there seems to be even more elves these days

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Holy fist if slow, if you cant avoid it then it's your fault.
It costs a lot of mana and does low dmg.

Also 4/6 chiv healing and support is slow and inefficient. BUFF HOLY FISTERS HEALS AND CASTING SPEEDS.

Literally any 4/6 holy fist template is actually harder to play than any other template ingame and require so much more skill and game knowledge.
You cant even effectively magic arrow + fireball cycle anyone without devoting ATLEAST 30 skill points (not to mention eval for damage) into your template. Which is completely unbalanced... We should get these spells at full damage for free because we are the human master race.

GMs please notice this and fix your game accordingly. Anybody who says my template is over powered vs their pleb tier template is just a peasant who is not creative or skilled enough to play this game period. Ban them.

Last edited:

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope this is a joke of some sort that went over my head.
I hope it's a joke too. It's a cake walk to run around and 4/6 chiv heal, cure, remove curse. Unless a player is extremely lacking, 4/6 chiv templates are super easy to survive on and annoying to chase.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's a flat 35 damage and is now interruptable.

Yeah it's annoying but I see no reason to nerf it further.

It's starting to get old reading that everything should get the nerf stick.

How about we try buffing other templates instead?

Last edited:

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not a cooldown timer, but the casting time should be slowed down to be inline with the damage.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think it's more appropriate to call this a "mastery ability" and not a spell.

Further more, aren't there cool down timers on other mastery abilities?