• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Wanna Tame a Skeletal Dragon!

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to tame that! And a serpentine dragon, and a Shadow Wyrm, and a Fairy dragon XD

Reactions: Lug

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would LOVE to tame a Shadow Wyrm...

Ancient Wyrm,

Fairy Dragon,

Dread Spider,

list goes on...

Reactions: Lug

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The necro mastery allowing skeletal dragon control was awesomely fun when 1st implemented. :danceb:
Then for some unknown reason they nerfed them. I rarely EVER saw anyone using them but still.... nerfed.

Instead of fixing the STILL existing problem of poison strike & wither causing them to attack each other,
skeletal dragon strength in combat as well as ability to take damage was reduced.o_O

When & why this change occurred is a mystery since it was never addressed in any patch notes.
I can say for certain it occurred at some point because I used them to do solo Ilshenar spawns
but now they die to spawn easily.:(

I haven't used them in a long time as the debuff made them useless. I NEVER see anyone use them anymore.
Sad they made one of the best newly implemented necro spells that was a lot of fun totally worthless.:sad3:

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
While they have been nerfed and can't take the ammount of damage they used to be able to take skeletal dragons are still useful when running rat spawns...

I believe the wither problem has been resolved, but what definately remains is the exact same problem with poison strike. The splash damage from poison strike will cause other pets, summons etc. to auto attack the skel dragon.
Please fix this so it will only attack monsters and flagged players.

Also it is extremely annoying that the skeletal dragons go poof as soon as you loose connection. Also every once in a while they will not follow you while crossing server lines, dungeon entrances or going through moongates although the all follow me command had been given before, which again leads to them going poof.
A possible fix could be that they should be treated like a tamed pet as long as the necro mastery is active, so they will log out and back in with you. Once you switch masteries they should immediately go poof again. This would allow for much easier handling of these beasts and less frustration. I still believe that we shouldn't be able to stable them but at least let them log out and back in with us so we don't loose them everytime the AI, the computer, the ISP or the servers are acting up.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The necromancy mastery was in the verge of awesomeness. It hinted at the possibility of someday bonding a skeletal dragon... At lest I had hopes. Unfortunately the dev team took it the other way toward, suckiness....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, Skeletal Dragons were pretty awesome. If you got a Skeletal Dragon with around 200 DEX, they would shred stuff apart, and since they leeched life with their melee hits, it also made them pretty survivable. Basically a Sampire in pet form. A 200 DEX Skeletal Dragon, was capable of taking on a fully trained, 4.2 GD. That triple damage proc against pets was awesome. Plus it's pretty cool having your own Dracolich.

The bug with pets AoE spells causing aggro and flagging issues, has been around since at least 1998, when WWs were able to cast Mass Curse.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i personally do not think dragon-kin should be tamed... ever.
slain, yes (particularly evil red dragons with massive hoards)
They are sentient creatures... is more akin to slavery than taming...

feel that way about unicorns as well - particularly rainbow maned unicorns farting glitter... </sarcasm>