• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh boy, can't wait to see the comments about this one...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I'd still hate it. The horn is fairly obscene. Not just large, but rather phallic.

Vanity mounts, clothes, etc are fine by me...but they need to fit the game. A horny Starlite doesn't.
And this does??

ew.jpg

Seriously the unicorn is WAY better then these eye-sores :/

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's official. Either this is the best troll ever, or they finally stopped caring..this is STUPID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is a whole lot of ugly in this game... this is just another thing... though I probably know at least a dozen folk who will get this ASAP... some just because... others because they love it.

And believe it or not I happen to know several under 16 girls who play UO... so ... meh...

What I read was... This month, we've added two styles of world tree tiles to decorate your houses with. We'll also be adjusting the perspective of this and other circular tiles to better mesh with existing circular objects within the game world.

And that made me happy.

@Kyronix I just want to know how you found the one bit of coastline in the EC without square holes punched in it??

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And this does??

View attachment 58561

Seriously the unicorn is WAY better then these eye-sores :/
Lol. No. But then I gave up complaining about dyes when we got the clashing dual toned ones.

Though I kind of like Wind Azul on spellbooks... :oops:

But no, a herd of chunky maned/tailed, horny rainbow dreadhorn unicorn is just going to add to the fuggly eyesore players.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just gonna wait for the outrage and strife when one gets eaten by a bug and goes Poof and the player is told they don't replace lost items or pets.
That bug already exists! Remember the Birds of Prey vanity mounts for Edon. I had a Bird of Prey it got killed and went Poof! No ghost was left to res.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omgosh that so makes me remember the old unicorns when I started in late 2002, a snowy white horse with a dainty white horn, then they redid the art and it was this horrible gawky cartoonish looking thing we have today in both the wild and the ethereal version. I have a couple of these in ethereal form in a box but they're too hideous to use.

As much as I love dyed unusual pets and I think vanity pets for cash is a fabulous idea, this is too my little pony even for me.

I'd perfer it if it was an ethy and if it came in a choice of less rainbow-ish colors, say, a white body with one color swipe through tail and mane and possibly spiraling around a super slender dainty horn and using the classic long maned horse body, the one with the round butt (not the brown version they're too flat). You can convert to, wow i forgot what the other version of UO is called, ha. Use the new uni body style for that if you like.

Could also offer a black body version with a single color swipe of color. Solid white and solid black should also be options.

There's no sense making an item only 3 people will want to buy.

Another option is single color with paints and let us dye the single swipe mane/tail/horn area at will.

This way we may want to buy more uni paints in the future when we run out.

I'll probably get a rainbow one if that's all there is.

Keep this sort of idea coming, thanks!

:)

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A Rainbow unicorn. Really?

Well this confirms me somehow that they obviousely hired some 10 year Old for Graphics, no wonders when I see he latest "artwork"

@devs we are not in a ****ing anime here.

Beside that it has a Rainbow **** on it. Whats wrong with his mouth? It looks like it has a beard ?!

Hobestly no idea what Kind of **** you are smoking. But I'll take a Pound of it.

If this is the "all new shiny Art" you want go keep people playing and getting new people you should do your math again.

Holy ****. We are not in ****ing Disney Land

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think what Broadsword is trying to do, is to get our children and grandchildren interested in UO. They are trying to keep the game going to have a 30th anniversary.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wears Spocks beard! Omg.

I am against unicorns. They only can be used by virgins and , uh oh none of my toons had Sex since the last 19 years. Damned i am against unicorns because they remind me about that my toons not having Sex since 19 years.

I want new underwear!!!!! *Sniff*

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok no really! Can this mount have special effects. Like when you ride it your completely blue, and random messages pop above your head with cool little care bear phrases. When you say trick can a rainbow start to
Form. If these are ressable with bandages at any skill level. I WILL ride these around to pvp on.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If I was still 12 I might like it, unfortunately I'm not 12. I honestly thought this was a joke, but I guess not... I wish they had kept unicorns looking pretty and not changed them to those ugly muscley-looking things. :(

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can't believe you dressed up a unicorn with rainbows....where is my ride able hippo?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make that horn smaller, change that awful rainbow hair and purple hues to silver and I may like it better!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For sure, no PVP'er will mess with you on that lol. They'll be like "leave that noob Care Bear Trammie alone" hehe :p

Maybe that would be the bestest armor ever in the game? I can see the Britannian Post headlines now:

dateline Yew Gate!! Trammie singlehandedly wiped out a squad of fighters by riding Lasher into the area! While they were rolling around on the ground in laughter the unnamed Tram resident simply slaughtered and dry-looted every one of them.
= = = ** sigh **

Agreed ... even as a Tram player this is absolutely hateful. Someone swore to kill every one they see. I'm with them and will certainly go out of my way to demolish this blight on the landscape.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Rainbow unicorn. Really?

Well this confirms me somehow that they obviousely hired some 10 year Old for Graphics, no wonders when I see he latest "artwork"

@devs we are not in a ****ing anime here.

Beside that it has a Rainbow **** on it. Whats wrong with his mouth? It looks like it has a beard ?!

Hobestly no idea what Kind of **** you are smoking. But I'll take a Pound of it.

If this is the "all new shiny Art" you want go keep people playing and getting new people you should do your math again.

Holy ****. We are not in ****ing Disney Land
I wondered about the beard as well and ended up trying to find more information about why it had one. Came across a few articles that said, "In heraldry, a unicorn is often depicted as a horse with a goat's cloven hooves and beard, a lion's tail, and a slender, spiral horn on its forehead." Unicorn - Wikipedia

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wondered about the beard as well and ended up trying to find more information about why it had one. Came across a few articles that said, "In heraldry, a unicorn is often depicted as a horse with a goat's cloven hooves and beard, a lion's tail, and a slender, spiral horn on its forehead." Unicorn - Wikipedia
Thanks for the clarification.

Well we are still not 10 any more and efinately in Disneyland

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just for giggles I think I'll take a different approach. Try this on for size as a Lasher critter:

Shorten the horn (it's not a spear!), drop the beard, get the tail looking more natural (look at the horse for ideas). Can be hued like a kite shield can be. If dyes applied (natural ones?) these are the dyeable areas: body as one area; mane/horn/tail as another area.

Result ... whatever hateful color combos appear are those of the rider/owner and not EA/BS artistry. Whatcha think?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys, you all dont get it. You are misunderstanding the essential point behind your rage:

The Dev-Team has such a fine sense of irony, that you dont even understand the best of their jokes in recent years. There are so many collectors of teddybears, roses, valentines boxes, cupids and other kitsch - this is just an ironic reference to this lovely group of people.

Why so serious? Just enjoy it! Its fun! I neeeeed to get one for my Necromancer. Hilarious!

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, true micro-transactions for vanity items begins. Free-to-play around the corner?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So, true micro-transactions for vanity items begins. Free-to-play around the corner?
I certainly hope not, every rumor ties it to an "Unlimited Trial Account" type system, where the limitations match those currently on trials. I can't see this as being anything but a disaster as A) It wouldn't increase revenue unless they try to Nickle and Dime everyone for everything possible. B) Could lead to a number of people canceling subs willing to live out of their bank boxes. C) Will lead to a true pay to win situation. D) Likely won't help unless they do something about all the Freeshards that don't charge anything, and don't have the restrictions in place, leading to anyone new that tries the game eventually heading to them for these reasons.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
.... Do we at least get skittles with them?

Seriously though, yikes.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't be foolish. Where would you put the play-do and coloring books? I can figure out the crayon storage area....
This just in!! Next publish will be renaming all guard zone territory to a liberal University near you! Luna Bank...no more!! Exciting times indeed!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Don't be foolish. Where would you put the play-do and coloring books? I can figure out the crayon storage area....
That is what the oversized horn is for.. a single can of Play Doh, a coloring book and a 12 pack of crayons fits snugly in it.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As I passed by a campfire earlier this evening, I overheard two gypsies engaged in a quiet conversation. One spoke too softly and I could not be sure what she was saying. Her older companion, however, distinctly said, "I'm not sure why so many people are so upset. Personally, I'd prefer a Lasher over a lamp any day of the week."

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
here we go...
D3 (my first experience in Whimsydale) about 6min in...

Next will have Rainbow Bright... meh

(suddenly inspired to go play D3)

Last edited:

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg listening to you kill carebears, pink unicorns and slice purple unicorns in half is absolutely the funniest thing I have seen and heard in a while. Well worth the watch and listen !!! Good job!!
here we go...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's next? Adding in the village people as bosses in a new YMCA dungeon? This thing looks a whole lot more like a pride addition than game lore.

:ymca:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Give them their Rainbow Unicorn... I care not I got my Spider though I would have liked a shinier sleeker model I'm still happy. Now I just want my battle cat and a flying carpet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
here we go...

Change your avatar name to Giddy. And how did you play D3 for more than 20 minutes and not be level 70 paragon 10 at least. Very lame. Pretty lucky you got a gate to Whimsydale while recording.