• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Developers Do Care About Duped Items!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Come on, really? If Mesanna cared even slightly about duped items or scripting, she's take a few minutes to buy a handful of items from the 3rd party sellers, and tag their accounts for later examination when she meets with them to trade. She could identify the sources of scripting and gold/item sellers by posing as a player.
In no way should it be assumed that this has not been done friend.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ignoring the details of what happened with this particular individual, I have to comment on this statement:

"The Developers Do Care About Duped Items!"

Come on, really? If Mesanna cared even slightly about duped items or scripting, she's take a few minutes to buy a handful of items from the 3rd party sellers, and tag their accounts for later examination when she meets with them to trade. She could identify the sources of scripting and gold/item sellers by posing as a player.

But they've been selling scripted resources, scripted skill training, duped items and gold for many years now with no interruption.
In no way should it be assumed that this has not been done friend.
Mesanna IS NOT STUPID just like @Lord Nabin said she probley knows who is doing what but she also understands that to shut down all those sites and accounts would be the downfall of UO, sad to say. IMHO that is why she said win at any cost, she can't say they are legal to use but as long as you are not AFK then they will not do anything. Sadly we have to accept the bad with the good so we can play the game we love.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna IS NOT STUPID just like @Lord Nabin said she probley knows who is doing what but she also understands that to shut down all those sites and accounts would be the downfall of UO, sad to say. IMHO that is why she said win at any cost, she can't say they are legal to use but as long as you are not AFK then they will not do anything. Sadly we have to accept the bad with the good so we can play the game we love.
So, sadly, it seems that the devs have decided to say to heck with integrity, fair play, and the RULES, and are blatantly turning a "blind eye" to cheaters and scripters. Tough call, I guess. I wonder though how many people have LEFT because of those same cheaters and scripters? Just a thought. :)

It's a classic "caught between a rock and a hard spot" scenario I guess. :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, sadly, it seems that the devs have decided to say to heck with integrity, fair play, and the RULES, and are blatantly turning a "blind eye" to cheaters and scripters. Tough call, I guess. I wonder though how many people have LEFT because of those same cheaters and scripters? Just a thought. :)

It's a classic "caught between a rock and a hard spot" scenario I guess. :(

Kingshore Dad

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well since she is looking into Idocs could someone mention to her the Harbinger spawning at idocs? We got here on DF such greedy idocers they spawn at every idoc thats not on Felucca those Harbingers...... + some of them are using scripst as well.
I really dont know where they got the crystalls from its seems like they never going out of stock. Or they should just turn that off.