• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And a Piece of my UO life passed today

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing drastic from the standpoint of RL passing, but a piece of my life in UO is gone, as the CFC guild house on GL went IDOC and dropped. The memorial to the guild will stand strong, with the fight pit still there, but the guild, except for a rare few that log in, is gone. I was never active in vent with them, I simply had a guilded tamer to do the fights every Saturday night. To bring the best of my pets against others. Hell, as tamers, with content moved to favor other templates, it's one activity my tamers still had and I loved it. But slowly, the pet fights dwindled and ended a couple years ago. The guild was still around, but the pit had grown silent. And then, many stopped logging in. My tamer will wear those tags until they shut the server down. But now, it's GL history. I really miss those Saturday nights. Great fun with great folks. Rest in peace, CFC on GL. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It will be sorely missed... and fondly remembered.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing drastic from the standpoint of RL passing, but a piece of my life in UO is gone, as the CFC guild house on GL went IDOC and dropped. The memorial to the guild will stand strong, with the fight pit still there, but the guild, except for a rare few that log in, is gone. I was never active in vent with them, I simply had a guilded tamer to do the fights every Saturday night. To bring the best of my pets against others. Hell, as tamers, with content moved to favor other templates, it's one activity my tamers still had and I loved it. But slowly, the pet fights dwindled and ended a couple years ago. The guild was still around, but the pit had grown silent. And then, many stopped logging in. My tamer will wear those tags until they shut the server down. But now, it's GL history. I really miss those Saturday nights. Great fun with great folks. Rest in peace, CFC on GL. :(
Eloquently put. Its kind of how I feel logging in a few years ago. I visited all the player houses in my rune books and of about 40 only one house still stood with the original owner. I cant bring myself to log in to UO anymore. Its just too sad and I get all nostalgic for a time and a place that is no longer there. UO was a source of such fun and happiness for maybe five good solid years. It gave me LOADS of fun. But sadly no more.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Eloquently put. Its kind of how I feel logging in a few years ago. I visited all the player houses in my rune books and of about 40 only one house still stood with the original owner. I cant bring myself to log in to UO anymore. Its just too sad and I get all nostalgic for a time and a place that is no longer there. UO was a source of such fun and happiness for maybe five good solid years. It gave me LOADS of fun. But sadly no more.
It's getting more and more that way for me... Long gone are the days when we did stuff just for fun... now if you try to hold and event no one shows up unless they think they are going to make 300 or more million in gold off it... No one seems to play for just the entertainment value... it's got to be about stuff and gold and making a buck... No one wants to hunt with a group they want everything for themselves... they don't want to share... and they don't care how they get it... by cheat or by scam or whatever don't matter they just want it so they can sell it to make gold to sell and make money... IRL. Or try to buy the crap they need so they can get more stuff and make more money...

Anyway it's taking the fun from UO. So often I miss those days when my biggest worry was what I was going to wear and if I had plenty of regs and arrows.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
... and that is why I moved shards ...
it got so I couldn't log onto Napa without crying, really
but I am happy and content on Pac now.

Maybe try another shard?

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... and that is why I moved shards ...
it got so I couldn't log onto Napa without crying, really
but I am happy and content on Pac now.

Maybe try another shard?
No it was and is time to move on. I have played WoW, LOTRO, Guild Wars, SWG, SWTOR, Shroud of the Avatar and now currently settled in Neverwinter where the boss monsters need a group of 40 or so players. I organise a more or less nightly trip to do this and its fun. I dont play to win anymore just casually enjoying a multi player game.

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
On the bright side, I was at this Idoc and got a handful of the AoS, Roses and Bone Piles with their names on them. Please ICQ me at 656525583 to pick them up as a remembrance of your great times in UO. They have since been transferred to Atl but I may be able to get someone to shield them over for you. Thanks and I hope these items fulfill some of that void :)