• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scalis Chances Severely Decreased?

Lady Kittie

Meer Ambassador
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[justify]So this evening, I held my monthly net toss off the docks on Great Lakes. I tossed 26 fabled nets and received only ONE scalis. I am a 120 Fisherman and had 1250 luck. Last month it was just a few as well, but it seems severely decreased this evening. @Kyronix was there any changes made to the system? If not, could you please check into it? Thank you kindly!

For reference, here is the monthly net toss and the Scalis that emerged vs. fabled nets.
(Player Event) - Moonglow & New Magincia Monthly Net Toss! Next One: [01-14-17]

You can see the decrease start in From June on, but more so since October.[/justify]

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what I remember with the net tosses of @Governor Ma Nerva it doesn't seem to be that strange. But maybe she can give some insights on the 100s of nets she tossed :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We do three of them every Wednesday. Last week we got 3 in only using 10 nets. Other weeks we have used 25+ nets to get 3. A few times we did get 3 for 3.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good to know... and is this using a 120 fisherman? And wearing luck or no luck? Does luck effect the chances to get a Scalis? Or does luck effect anything in nets? Does it help to have luck and get a drop from the Leviathans or anything?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[justify]So this evening, I held my monthly net toss off the docks on Great Lakes. I tossed 26 fabled nets and received only ONE scalis. I am a 120 Fisherman and had 1250 luck. Last month it was just a few as well, but it seems severely decreased this evening. @Kyronix was there any changes made to the system? If not, could you please check into it? Thank you kindly!

For reference, here is the monthly net toss and the Scalis that emerged vs. fabled nets.
(Player Event) - Moonglow & New Magincia Monthly Net Toss! Next One: [01-14-17]

You can see the decrease start in From June on, but more so since October.[/justify]
my record was 24 to one scales. Congratulations you win.
It's a "random roll" sometimes you just get very unlucky.
Other times I can throw 3 scalis in a row. three nets three scalis.

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know... and is this using a 120 fisherman? And wearing luck or no luck? Does luck effect the chances to get a Scalis? Or does luck effect anything in nets? Does it help to have luck and get a drop from the Leviathans or anything?
If you put fishing on the character that throws them. you get a better chance at a drop with the leviathan

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Last night on baja we tossed a net and got a scalis...second next just a leviathan

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just do like I do.. try to fish up a Levithan in attempts to get a seahorse. Every time I do that Scalis pops.. dang near fool proof.. maybe the RNG is psychic :tinhat:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My guild runs Scalis at least once a week for our nightly guild hunts... I would estimate the success rate to be approximately 20%-25%.

However, as noted, I've seen people throw up to 16 nets without getting one. I've also seen people pull 5 in a row... so as other people have noted... the RNG can be fickle.