• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

30% off Origin Store using GiftofPlay code, not sure it works for the few UO items left there

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could have saved us the trouble by just saying it doesn't work for UO items.

but hey, it does say "30% off Storewide", now.... isn't that false advertising?

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could have saved us the trouble by just saying it doesn't work for UO items.

Yeah normally I check that out but stopped once they asked for my credit card info before the code.

Sorry!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The * saves their ass:

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES DECEMBER 13, 2016 8:00 AM PST. VALID FOR NEW PURCHASES FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT www.origin.com AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (www.origin.com/about). VALUE OF DISCOUNT WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM PRODUCT LIST PRICE AT TIME OF PURCHASE. EXCLUDES THE SIMS™ 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF PACK, STAR WARS™ THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY, GAME TIME CODES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS. VALID WHEREVER PRODUCTS ARE SOLD. SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTIONAL OR DISCOUNT OFFER, UNLESS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY EA; MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY PREPAID CARD REDEEMABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR APPLICABLE SALES TAX. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SEE APPLICABLE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS AND DISCLOSURES ON Electronic Arts Legal.
The select partner titles BS will screw us every time. EA has forgotten that UO isn't a "partner title," but an IP they own.

My guess is EA is too lazy/incompetent to ensure they keep enough of a supply of codes for UO stuff. So they simply don't put it up for sale, thus won't me made to look the fool...as happened a few years ago when they ran out of codes - three sales in a row.

Either way, it sucks for us and us and is just another nail in UO's already-moldering coffin. If I were @Mesanna, I'd be raising hell about this yet again.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
More likely that UO stuff sells frequently at it's current price so no need to discount.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's how profits work though hehe :p
The things which would be eligible for a sale (expansions/boosters) are pure profit at this point. 100% gravy to EA, a corporation which doesn't even acknowledge UO as one of its products.